• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Hey guys.

I've compiled a TM list for Ruby Destiny, since they do not match the original base hack. It's 100% accurate, and I find it quite useful.

Here it is:

Spoiler:

To the maker of this game: Great game so far! Well done.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if Charizard is able to learn Pyro Strike by levelup, and if so, what level (I believe my Charizard is lv. 80 and has not yet learned it)l? I have the TM, but I don't wanna use it if Charizard can learn it by leveling up... Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this.

Yeah I found that odd... I caught a Buizel early and it had evolved into a Floatzel by the time I encountered one of these "overpowered" Buizel. This level 20-something Buizel took 4 Sparks from a level 31 Luxray and OHKO'd it with Deep Water... it also OHKO'd Floatzel whose moves didn't do even 1/8 the damage Buizel's did. I tried to catch it, but it was nearly impossible... so I got angry and decided to use save states... One hour later... it still wasn't captured. The Suvir, the mother virus, was much easier to catch... ._. and I thought it would be impossible to get since it's not a normal Pokemon... oh well. xD
Charizard doesn't learn it by level up, gotta use a TM. The Buizel that you fought is used in an "overpowered Boss fight" later on, it has probably 200-255 base stats. As with the buizel, those pokemon (Such as the Vessel) have a catch rate of 0 making them impossible to catch.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Charizard doesn't learn it by level up, gotta use a TM. The Buizel that you fought is used in an "overpowered Boss fight" later on, it has probably 200-255 base stats. As with the buizel, those pokemon (Such as the Vessel) have a catch rate of 0 making them impossible to catch.

Thanks, you're a lifesaver. I would've leveled all the way up to 100 and been like "NOOO!!!"._. I could've taught Pyro Strike to my Charizard a long time ago too... oh well, better now than never. :) I may start a new game as soon as I 100% my current file anways because this hack is just that good. Also, thanks for the info on the "overpowered" Buizel. That clears A LOT of things up.

Offtopic: I hate the Vessel and the subsequent fights. I hate them, I hate them. I can only beat them with Perish Song. I know that is a 100% legit way to win, but to me it feels like cheating. xD

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I beat everything this playthrough (Its my 3rd) and now I feel like I should mention that after you've done the final battle(s) with the R.D. shards, interact with all the pillars in the tower of fate for...something good.

And a question:
Spoiler:

Years
I am at the rentah town where the plane of Dark Organization crashed after that when i talked to the pyramid rock thing it says to go in the plane but i had twice searched every part of the plane but no one or nothing is there whats the problem?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
---UPDATE---
Version 8

Here are the links towards the new patch...

LIPS
UPS
Newbie Package

---oOo---​

Is this the conclusion of the series or will there be more? :O

Yep, this is the final of the Ruby Destiny series.

There are probably some errors in some of the trainer's Pokemon. I seen a video of Low Point Path and Hex Maniac Kindra has a Growlithe. Oh and the Battle Girl named Jaycee is still called a Black Belt and there is a Fisherman Abigail in Boquet Field. I'm not sure if these have been fixed. Also when can you enter Vextra Forest for the first time? I like the music used in the game like the remixes of Vermilion, Route 3, and the Kanto Gym Leader themes from Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

I fixed some of those, but I'll later try and scan the trainers once again...

I don't get it...

By the way, how does Terrange's evolution chain work...? :|

He meant the movie 'Twilight', and about the vampires that 'sparkle'...

Anyway, Terrange only evolves once and it becomes 'something' depending on its stats...

where can i get tm thunderbolt and flash. and when it says u have to go to mineral cave in dardusk path i went in there and saw the rare pokemon but all it says is grr... and teleports me out, what do i do?

I ah, don't know, but about Flash, please see the F.A.Q. on the first post...
And about that PKMN that says 'grr'... Head to Lustersand Town and defeat the master there and earn yourself a badge.

Hey DJG
sweet hack, but found some bugs (if you care)
When heading up to Highpoint town for the first time, Light is there. If you talk to him, he crashes your game, but if you ignore him and try to go up to the town, his script where he asks you to listen to him to prove he's good is activated prematurely. This doesn't affect the game, as if you just run through it, then play on, you will run into it again.
Also, on the route North of Rainbow city, if you try to catch a Buizel, your game crashes. Buizel is overpowered, having the move "Deep Water" that will OHKO a Wartortle 10 levels higher...
Finally, the day/night system is weird, i set the clock as a night time, and it hasn't changed since!
Anyways, great hack! thanks for all the hard work!

Yes, I fixed Light now on the new patch available.
And I'll check on that Buizel... I thought I already fixed that... -___-

It would be nice to have this game on RomStation. I wonder if you could do that ? You will get more people to play with your game ^^ more people know it more the popularity going up !

I don't know what RomStation is, but if I get free time + internet, I'll check that out.

Spoiler:

Yeah, you can catch anything with a Master Ball, of course.
And not all legendaries will give you a lvl 5 one...

so i put a ditto and a skarmory in the daycare to get a better natured skarmory but when i hatched the egg it came out as a ????????? lvl 63 and when i look at the stats it crashes the game. is it just a bad egg or are all eggs like this?

Also how what are the evolution requirements for skarmory to evolve into skarmiger?

I'll try breeding a Skarmory with a Ditto and see for myself...
Also, Skarmory evolves through level...

Offtopic: I hate the Vessel and the subsequent fights. I hate them, I hate them. I can only beat them with Perish Song. I know that is a 100% legit way to win, but to me it feels like cheating. xD

Oh, believe me, when I was beta testing, the move 'Perish Song' didn't come into my mind... x,x
I had to use the VBA's "time power" feature (load and save states)... xD
Hm... I think that sounds more cheating than Perish Song now... =/

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I am at the rentah town where the plane of Dark Organization crashed after that when i talked to the pyramid rock thing it says to go in the plane but i had twice searched every part of the plane but no one or nothing is there whats the problem?

Talk to the 'hole' on the wall of the aircraft...

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Hey can anyone help me I think I messed up possibily because the part where the waterfall is on dusk path ,the one that is blocked by trees, the trees don't disappear even after i've beaten the hevah league so is something wrong because I need to get the ruby destiny piece from its event to continue so yeah can anyone help.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I just noticed... Pyro Strike sometimes causes paralysis, not burn. Also, I believe there is a Gastrodon that knows Dark Beam (or whatever Dark Lugia's move is...) when you fight the Dark Organization grunts in Boulder City (right before they throw you into the hole). Not a big deal though, it didn't cause me any trouble.

If I patch a clean Ruby ROM with the version 8 patch and use my save from the recent version 7 patch, will everything work properly or would I have to start a new game?

Oh, and who/what is Sprizzle? How do you get it? I saw someone mention it (on one of these 74 pages, I don't remember which) but I don't know what it is... xD

And a question:
Spoiler:
I was a bit confused too. xD

Yeah, you can catch anything with a Master Ball, of course.
Anything except for Whiscash (if you've seen that particular anime episode).

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Seeing Dark Lugia makes me want to play RoL again, too bad it's sprite is horrible in that game. If you made Lugia evolve into Dark Lugia that would be cool but oh well, I guess I'll live with it. Are you still going to be fixing your previous workings? Because I'd like to see a better Dark Lugia in RoL.

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Gastrodon learns Dark Beam. It gets really annoying when fighting them.

Years
Hey can anyone help me I think I messed up possibily because the part where the waterfall is on dusk path ,the one that is blocked by trees, the trees don't disappear even after i've beaten the hevah league so is something wrong because I need to get the ruby destiny piece from its event to continue so yeah can anyone help.

Exactly what happened to me. Try repatching with a clean Ruby ROM~

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Also, when you get to breeze island for the first time after the earthquake, if you talk to the team earth grunt immediately, it goes into a pokemon select screen and the game freezes. That cost me a save file because I didn't have a real save.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Darn it! I found Mew and the hungry little guy wants an Oran Berry. That's fine, 'cept I can't find any Oran Berries anywhere!! xD The berries don't seem to regrow... ._. Is there any other way to aquire Oran Berries (i.e. a shop, or a wild Pokemon that holds Oran Berries)?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
hey got another question (i found out what to do in my first one), what do you do after you beat Jimmy and Devihel at the Elite 4? Can someone please tell me?

First, make sure you get the Hevah Symbol. Go back to the Hevah League and talk to the man who guards the entrance to the training area before the Master 17 (the man who checks if you have eight symbols). Then you should probably head over to the Tower of Fate and see Chaomega. Surf around the Oceania Sea between Silkwind Town and the Hevah League and you'll find it.

Does anyone know if that Pokemon in the White Pass cave that gives you a Ruby Destiny fragment can be caught? Or does it have to be defeated?

Last edited:

kyo23

Kaede Aragaki
Years
I just finished the game!!
And it was so EPIC!!!
I was confused sometimes when I talk to the pink pyramind it tells me wrong...
anyways!
I saw a few bugs but the game was awesome!

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
First, make sure you get the Hevah Symbol. Go back to the Hevah League and talk to the man who guards the entrance to the training area before the Master 17 (the man who checks if you have eight symbols). Then you should probably head over to the Tower of Fate and see Chaomega. Surf around the Oceania Sea between Silkwind Town and the Hevah League and you'll find it.

Does anyone know if that Pokemon in the White Pass cave that gives you a Ruby Destiny fragment can be caught? Or does it have to be defeated?
Catch it, I caught it with a normal pokeball, also you should go after Devihell before going to Chaomega. Devihell is found in a cave at Twilight Path, next to High Point Town, then go to Krystal Mountain to find Angeallen, then Breeze Island to find Breatherna, and finally Mt. Leon for Rayquaza (Must be done last). Then head for the tower of fate.

Years
When can you enter Vextra Forest? Also in Gento and Johto can you battle against trainers there? If this ROM Hack does get hack of the year that will be different from the last two years where you got third place obviously. Oh and the Sailor at Hevah Academy and the path south of Rainbow City has a Fisherman overworld. In Garden Path Psychic Jaclyn has a Hex Maniac overworld and Battle Girl Jaycee has a Beauty overworld also.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Devihell is found in a cave at Twilight Path, next to High Point Town, then go to Krystal Mountain to find Angeallen, then Breeze Island to find Breatherna, and finally Mt. Leon for Rayquaza (Must be done last). Then head for the tower of fate.

Spoiler:

I also found a way to get a lot of Rare Candies...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back