• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
Ok, tried that. Nothing changed. I think there are some pointers or something that are incorrect. Could that be possible? I'm still new to this, so there could be something I have to tell it to do that I'm not.

Also, I have another map in Oldale that leads to a cave. You can go into the cave just fine, but the warp that's supposed to take you back out doesn't work.

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
1. yes i changed the moves and the sprite is different and so r the moves

2.I closed route 1 and added a warp to viridian city, the warp works but you leave outa the pokemon center, i want it to lead out of the building i made how do i do that?

Ultima Super

Noob Hacker o.O
Years
okay I'm making a map and if say I were to make the route exit on the top instead of the left to goto the same city how do i do this ?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
I have a question:
I want to start a new hack, with lots of new Pokémon (jop, Fakes^^), but they´re all to big, so I can´t insert them. I´ve read somwhere that I could solve that problem with Hex editing, but I don´t get it.
Some1 said I should put something in the place where the 00 & FF are, but I don´t get it.
I have Hexecute, but I can´t change a thing.
Is there a easier way to change the room for new Pokémon?
And if not, can someone explain it better?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease...?

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
I have a question:
I want to start a new hack, with lots of new Pokémon (jop, Fakes^^), but they´re all to big, so I can´t insert them. I´ve read somwhere that I could solve that problem with Hex editing, but I don´t get it.
Some1 said I should put something in the place where the 00 & FF are, but I don´t get it.
I have Hexecute, but I can´t change a thing.
Is there a easier way to change the room for new Pokémon?
And if not, can someone explain it better?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease...?

Wiht indexing and resizing but sorry can't explain it better

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
Few Questions

1) I want to start FR but only let the trainer choose only one pokemon at the lab how do I do this?

2) Where do I change the overworld sprites of trainers and gym leaders?

3) How do I designate my rivals pokemon

4) How do I make a cutscene where my trainer can ingage in a battle to catch a specific pokemon in front of a group of people?

5) is there a way where I can make my trainer start out with a pokemon at the very start of the game and not at oaks lab?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
I Am A Noob

I am new to hacking , and i was wondering what all software i need to have, cuz i dont hav any and they must be for windows, I DONT believe in LINUX, I want to be able to hack fire red! i would also like some one to teach me the basics, PRETTY PLEASE!!!I love shinygold and green forest!!!!I need to know the software

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
I am new to hacking , and i was wondering what all software i need to have, cuz i dont hav any and they must be for windows, I DONT believe in LINUX, I want to be able to hack fire red! i would also like some one to teach me the basics, PRETTY PLEASE!!!I love shinygold and green forest!!!!I need to know the software
Go to the toolbox. It has a bunch of good newer tools and an archive to equally good older tools.
I do have a question about a tool though, and it may not exist, but...
I'm looking for a user friendly Trainer editor. Something that let's me edit who has what pokemon and their moves. I saw people talking about PET? Is that a trainer editor?

Years

Ok, go to the Toolbox in the Emulation section of the forum.
go to the temporary tools resource and download, Elite Map and Advance Map. Them two are the key things a hacker needs. You can also go in the Tools archive and download Sappy for music hacking, A-Starter (change the starter Pokemon) etc.
You might also want to get a Hex-Editor such as Translhextion (which i use), or another one such as Hex Workshop. Just google them. To start scripting and such, go to the Documents/Tutorials in the Emulation section, and have a look at Christos' tutorials (for help with scripting) and Zel's "homemade" (XD) tutorials, for help with a bit of graphics and other usefull things. Also make use of the other tutorials there. If you are stuck, feel free to pm me.

Go to the toolbox. It has a bunch of good newer tools and an archive to equally good older tools.
I do have a question about a tool though, and it may not exist, but...
I'm looking for a user friendly Trainer editor. Something that let's me edit who has what pokemon and their moves. I saw people talking about PET? Is that a trainer editor?

PET is a trainer editor. For help with that, go to the Documents/Tutorials, and im pretty sure i saw a tutorial on Trainer Editing.
That should help you

Giovanni.

Last edited:
Years
charmander07 said:
If you had created a new map since you selected another map than your new map has the same properitys than the selected map(That includes the map name as well!)

Any way to avoid this? Cuz if you select a map, it kinda like can't be deselected...

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
Question.
I've inserted a new player's back set into my Sapphire ROM. For the male trainer it worked fine, because it used the same pallete colors. For the female, who also used the same colors as the male, the game changes the colors. I don't know why it does that though, it says that both images use the same pallete, so shouldn't they show the same colors?

Years
Oh Okay. If you want to edit the map shown in the PN, you have to use unLZ. Open your ROM and search for the map of HOENN. Maybe you should use the Black/Whit color mode.

It should lay by number 200-800 or so. Just Save it Edit it and insert it. If you want to import the KANTO Map, you have to open FR/LG and search by number 200-500 for the map. Save it. Open your another rom and search for the map. Import the Kanto Map.(But be carefull maybe the Kantomap is bigger than the Hoenn map and you can't import it. Of course you can delete the Auto abort function but so you maybe have probs. I just warn you):)

Maybe no need to ask the question but anyway...:
How In Hell Am I Supposed To Edit This "MAP"??

Last edited:

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
1. does anyone know the building offset for advance pallette editor(for pokemon firered)
2. how do i make it so the cave i put in viridan when i leave it i don't come out of the pokemon center?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
I can answer your second question. You have to have the Warp number of the exit to the cave the same as the entrance Warp number. It sounds complicated but it's not. The warp number can be edited by looking just above the Warp settings. You know the things that say something like "Map Number" and that.

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
I uses AdvanceMap and EliteMap and wonders how I edit scripts, what people says, locations of items and how I change the locations of Routes/Cities/Forests/Caves/Forests?
I wabt Rout 1 of Pallet Town and right of Viridian City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back