• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Is there any way to edit the lvl of your pokemon or switch your pokemon to different ones?

Atomic Reactor

That flint sprite looks a lot like my flint sprite... How did you make it?

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
i got a question, i cannot get past the gaurds to go to saffron city. i know u need to give them something to drink, which u get from the item store at Celadon, but i cannot give the items to the guards or the little girl who is thirsty. is this a glitch or do i got to do something special to be able to give the drink away?

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Hi, I joined the forums because I wanted to say how thoroughly impressed I was with this concept.
I would like to mention a few things that I've noticed, as I've already found a few problems; things you might want to work on.

Problem 1: Professor Oak's Laboratory
The game asks you to go see the third Pokéball, and once you find out it's empty, the game moves you down, to the left, and up, to speak to Oak again. However, if you are above the table, like I was to begin with, it will keep trying to move you down indefinitely. The only solution is to reset the game.

Problem 2: Viridian Gym
When you go to the Viridian Gym early in the game, it tells you that it's locked, then moves you down. Unfortunately, the game then locks you out of moving. You can press c to bring up the menu, and whatnot, but the arrow keys become useless. The only solution is to reset the game.

Problem 3: Pewter Gym
I don't actually know why, but I've just entered Brock's Gym after entering Pewter City for the first time (I healed my Pokémon at the center first), and the entire game just crashes (Windows tells me that it apologizes, but Game.exe has suffered an error and must be closed).

Problem 4a: Music Looping
Music looping is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but you need to be able to separate introductory music from the looped music. The notes that introduce a battle aren't repeated in the games, and it can get confusing listening to it again after being so used to it meaning that a new battle is starting.

Problem 4b: Missing sound effect
You're missing the sound effect of running feet/sweeping that happens when you successfully run from an encounter.. I've tried locating it online, but haven't been successful yet -- if I do find it, I'll link the file here.

Problem 5: NPC Walking: Sometimes, they can walk directly in front of doors / the only exit, and while they do move eventually, it can get a bit frustrating.

Don't take this to mean that the game is bad -- quite the contrary, I'm looking forward to getting more than an hour into the game (yeah, I have a lot of criticism for such short playing time), but I think that these things could be improved for later on, and for future players.
Keep up the good work, and if there's anything I can do, let me know! I can program in Visual BASIC .net, Java, and Wolfram Mathematica (none of which, I assume, are particularly useful to you), but I can, if needed, consult, and perhaps take a look at some of the code to optimize the methodology, if you would like it.
Again, keep it up :)

EDIT: Apparently, I can't walk into the museum in Pewter City, either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Can you guys add an Action Replay to the game, this would make it fun if you didn't want to spend hours getting a high lvl pokemon. I don't want to have to search a way to open the game folder to do the stuff myself....

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
Years
That flint sprite looks a lot like my flint sprite... How did you make it?

lol its not stolen, most of the new custom overworlds are either made by me or OblivionMew, I made it from brocks head put on a trainer body with the palette from the anime :) I also made the Cerulean gym tiles and Vermillion Gym tiles :D

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Ok, I have all the badges expect the Marsh Badge and the Earth Badge. And I have drinks but the guards still won't let me into Saffron City. What else am I supposed to do?

Atomic Reactor

lol its not stolen, most of the new custom overworlds are either made by me or OblivionMew, I made it from brocks head put on a trainer body with the palette from the anime :) I also made the Cerulean gym tiles and Vermillion Gym tiles :D

Yep, that's what I did too ^_^
I believe you ;)

HoF, you may not want to save in jpg, it really just makes everything look horrible =/

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
Problem 2: Viridian Gym
When you go to the Viridian Gym early in the game, it tells you that it's locked, then moves you down. Unfortunately, the game then locks you out of moving. You can press c to bring up the menu, and whatnot, but the arrow keys become useless. The only solution is to reset the game.

i have this problem. sad thing is i needed one more badge and i could get in there. i can fly and when i do i still cant walk, i even was able to fly to water, jumped on my snorlax with surf and still cant move. guess i'm done playing this game since i would need to somehow delete my game cause i cannot walk anymore

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
How am I supposed to fight Brock if the game crashes whenever I enter the Pewter City gym?
And TheManBehindTheMask, that SUCKS! I didn't save, and it fixed when I reset...

Yes, I finally glitched my way into battling Brock, and I beat Geodude with poison, and I beat Onix with Pichu's STATIC ability and Spearow's leer and peck attacks woot

For those of you who have trouble going inside the Pewter City Gym:
Note that this method is good until you close the program.
Move the local copy of the file game.rxdata to another location, and replace the one in the folder with the original game.rxdata from another source. Run game.exe, and go to the menu where it asks "Continue/New Game/Options", and replace the original file with your copied file in another location, then go to "continue". This will continue the game from where you last saved, with the added bonus of being able to go into the Pewter City Gym. Why? I haven't a clue, but it works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back