• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Yeah... I think I'm pretty screwed from saving. When I make a new game it'll let me save now, but when I open my save state it won't(Tried deleting the .sav .sa1 and all that stuff, still didn't work). Oh well. Not that it matters much since I can save states. Only thing I can't do is trading.

Last edited:

Lash

Years
Is Ice path in B4P bigger then in gold, or i'm in mistake?

Actually it is quite different then the Normal Ice Path, but it does seem bigger, if only by a little. When I was playing it, my usual fastest time in getting through the Ice Path in G/S/C was Three minutes, but in the PreviewBeta4, it took me at least four and a half minutes Dx

danielson777

Charmandai!!!
Years
Actually, you can't because there is no way to use Waterfall. You know how the PreviewBeta4, you can only go up to the Waterfall point and can't get past that?
Originally, HMWaterfall is in the Ice Path, but that point being the limit in the PreviewBeta4, it was'nt put in there.]
But you probably do need the Silver Wing to get Lugia once Waterfall is accesable.

well in my file of shiny gold i caught hooh before getting the rainbow wing so i dont think having a silver wing would really matter

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
Years
Yep, I was unlucky with the backup thing just for two days. Well, anyway, we're back, and I keep on working.
I wont be able to do anything till Thursday, but luckily I should be reaching my second goal by that time.
I'll post screens later, if I have some free time.

(and, just to remember what I said before: I appreciate any help offered, but I don't need it for now, I'll try to do things myself but if I fail, it's nice to know people who can help, thanks!)

Thanks man this is just the hack i was waiting for if ya want help with any others send me a copy of the rom and the tools needed to do it at [email protected]

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2007
i got it to work! sort of...

i used a program called gbata and was just tinkering around with different stuff and got it running on my r4 + ez flash 3in1 + DS Lite combo... but now whenever i try to save it says saving... DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER... save error. if anyone thinks they know why this is happening please PM me or just reply...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
i used a program called gbata and was just tinkering around with different stuff and got it running on my r4 + ez flash 3in1 + DS Lite combo... but now whenever i try to save it says saving... DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER... save error. if anyone thinks they know why this is happening please PM me or just reply...

This is due to an internal error of the game. You can solve it in the emulator, but in a flash cart...

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Unfortunately though, even emulator doesn't seem to fix it. I also tried deleting the .sav and .sa1 files and that didn't work.

danielson777

Charmandai!!!
Years

there were a few posts where people had problems with that specific flash card,i don't know what the problem is,but apparently it just doesn't work on that flash card for some odd reason.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Good job w/ the hack, Zel! It's really great.

What can I do after I get the 7th badge and go to Tin Tower and catch Ho-oh? Is that where the beta stops? I am guessing b/c I can't go through Ice Path to Blackthorn...Thanks for the help in advance.

if you have beta 3 or 3.5, then thats where it stops but if you have the preveiw beta 4 (download it on first page here) then you can go up to elite four.

Edit: Yay 15 posts now I can add links!

Last edited:

Evilpkmn

Evilmad says Bonjour
Years
The 4th beta( prewiew)is good , the tiles are nice , the ice path is amazing(bigger than the old ice path).And the 8th gym is complex, I don't know where I have to push the stones.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well I said "should improve their movesets" not "must absolutely ..." see the tint?

Well, the idea is to keep everything as in the original (with the evolutions as the only exception)

I don't remember zel saying tat he changed the tileset in beta 4... where did you come up with the idea of changing it? (i like it alot)

Well, the tileset change is the one you've been seeing in the last set of screenshots. And the change was included since the Preview.
And, I changed because of the people around the other forums, they usually change tiles and get cool results, so I had to try, and I was a bit hooked to D/P (which, fortunately, that period has ended for me XD)

I was just wandering because i forgot if you said you had enough rivals and wasnt going to add anymore in kanto? Is that right? Can i ask if carlos' lineup will change at all or will his pokemon's levels just increase and become stronger?

Well, usually the rest of the rivals will keep adding Pokemon, and increasing their levels. Carlos' lineup is a bit different, as he (weird speaking 'bout me in third person O.o) usually likes to switch his poke. Don't forget that he has already a little more experience, and has a few Pokemon in store in his PC.

IN the beta 4 preview can u obtain lugia in the whirl islands?or do u still need the silver wing like in gold:\

You will require the Silver Wing, but for that you need to reach Pewter City, which is something that you won't be able to do in the upcoming B4.

Zel, i'm having a problem in the preview of beta 4, the Farfetch'd dosent want to go back to it's onwer! I tried facing it every single way i belive, and it won't go back! :( is there any speffic pattern?

If you have problems, then my suggestion is to let the Farfetch'd move till it stops. If you move the player before it actually gets to the "stopping point", then something weird will happen to its movement. I've received a lot of complains about this event, and it's not really easy to fix (pretty long event), so, I always need to know specifically where was the Farfetch'd and the hero's sprite before talking to the Farfetch'd

Anyway, if you use the Search Function of the forums, you may find the solution to Farfetch'd puzzle (but do not post it again!)

Yeah... I think I'm pretty screwed from saving. When I make a new game it'll let me save now, but when I open my save state it won't(Tried deleting the .sav .sa1 and all that stuff, still didn't work). Oh well. Not that it matters much since I can save states. Only thing I can't do is trading.

Probably the savestates still recognize when you hadn't the settings correctly set (I think savestates save more than just the position in-game, it also saves the settings the emu had at that moment)

Unfortunately though, even emulator doesn't seem to fix it. I also tried deleting the .sav and .sa1 files and that didn't work.

The only thing I can think of is, probably you don't have a recent emulator (I doubt it), I use 1.7.2, and did everything I said before, and I don't have problems. It could be a rom problem also (I also doubt it)

Well, since I took a while to be at Windows again, I'll post some screenshots of Saffron City.

image62ee0.png
image63ei0.png
image64oy8.png
image65yd0.png
image66to6.png
image67mt2.png
image68yp5.png
image69cx6.png

I really love the Copycat event, it's pretty accurate :D
And, get ready for another headache, for I have changed how the warps at Sabrina's Gym work (you'll get a lot of times back at the starting point :badsmile:)

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
And, get ready for another headache, for I have changed how the warps at Sabrina's Gym work (you'll get a lot of times back at the starting point :badsmile:)

Well that's just mean, I always hated those stupid warps then I finnaly found the order and you change them. :'( I'm just kiddin, I guess that's just another challenge we have to beat. Anyway the screens look great Zel.

Magnius

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Awesome, btw, I use 1.7.2 too, so that's not it. Perhaps it is my rom or something, but I doubt it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
You're welcome. Don't get scared about SGX, if I'm able to beat it (considering I'm not a person too dedicated to train), you'll do also. Now I have a little more time, so this time, I'll really end my previous post, posting what was left... The screenshots!

image70wn5.png
image71di7.png
image72em7.png
image73nm0.png
image74qy2.png
image75gs0.png
image76ls7.png
image77vx4.png

Whirl Islands layout (can you guess where'll be Lugia?), and the beggining of TR event in Radio Tower (later I'll post more, it's another huge event, so there are a lot of screenshots once again)

Ok, regarding the screen that asks "Want to use WHIRLPOOL". How do you get Whirlpool, if not by TM or HM? (I'm sure someone asked this question already; if so, somebody please direct me to the post that does ask this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back