• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Resolute Version (Version 2.93 Released)

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Firstly, the grammar problem was mentioned for so many times before, I know it's a big problem but I really have no idea about it.
That's when having a native English-speaker as a friend who could check the script for spelling and grammatical errors would be helpful.

Secondly, I'm sorry again for that I didn't notice the problem about balance as I don't have so much time to test it out.
Well even a little common sense would tell you a level 18 (IRRC) pokemon that usually evolves at level 39 (I know trainers in the main games have underleveled evolved pokemon like Lance's Dragonites in Gold/Silver, but I still don't condone it) with Hi Jump Kick on an early route *might* be just a little bit ridiculous of an obstacle.

Thirdly, I think the "graphical problem" you mentioned id the door animation, right, if so, I can fix it.
I guess it's not THAT huge a deal, but it just makes the hack look kind of sloppy to me.

About the types, I changed the weaknesses table for a bit, if you don't like, I can change it back when I have enough time.
I don't have a problem with switched-up type effectiveness since I'm used to hacks like Touhoumon and Pokemon Altair doing it, I thought it was just glitching up on me or something. So it's not a big issue either.

About Eliza, the reason why I designed it is that I need a Pokemon to be the connection between human beings and Pokemon. It's on the behalf of some Pokemon, and I think I may need it to express this point.
So Eliza is essentially N is what you're saying. So my statement about the story being a lot like Black & White's wasn't far off the mark it seems. Did you have to make her look like... that, though? She's pretty much just straight furry bait from my standpoint.

When you're talking about its Huge Power, that can't make it so strong as it only have one physical move, and it is very weak in defense, sometimes, you can easily defeat it before it begin to attack, at least, this happened to me when I was testing the game.
Making the player rely on luck to get past an encounter isn't very good game design. Keep in mind that even with my propensity for grinding I was still 10 levels below Eliza when I first encountered her (most players would be 5 or so levels lower than me I'd say). Even after the 45 minute (with fast-foward going) grind session to get all my guys to level 36 the only way I could beat her without a huge item and monetary investment is when her AI spazzed out and spammed Swords Dance for 4 turns. Of course players are probably expected to raise their starter Riolu as a counter to Eliza but I didn't.

About Fairy Wind, it's just weak in X/Y as it's just a basic move.
But are there any OTHER fairy moves in the game is my question. I don't wanna continue raising my Floette if Fairy Wind is all it gets.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I'm lost, where can you find whirlpool?

You can buy it as a TM in Dianthus Town.

fix the grammar please its bad

I know it, but I just can't fix it b myself yet. Sorry.

Where is the links to where i can download the updated patches? Is it an ips or ups file? Im using My Boy gba emulator on my phone to play and I need the ips/ups updated patch in order to continue playing.

You can search for it in internet, I always use tsukuyomi. I think this one will work.

soooooo how do I evolve Lampent?

It evolves with its happiness value at 220 during the night.

That's when having a native English-speaker as a friend who could check the script for spelling and grammatical errors would be helpful.

Well even a little common sense would tell you a level 18 (IRRC) pokemon that usually evolves at level 39 (I know trainers in the main games have underleveled evolved pokemon like Lance's Dragonites in Gold/Silver, but I still don't condone it) with Hi Jump Kick on an early route *might* be just a little bit ridiculous of an obstacle.

I guess it's not THAT huge a deal, but it just makes the hack look kind of sloppy to me.

I don't have a problem with switched-up type effectiveness since I'm used to hacks like Touhoumon and Pokemon Altair doing it, I thought it was just glitching up on me or something. So it's not a big issue either.

So Eliza is essentially N is what you're saying. So my statement about the story being a lot like Black & White's wasn't far off the mark it seems. Did you have to make her look like... that, though? She's pretty much just straight furry bait from my standpoint.

Making the player rely on luck to get past an encounter isn't very good game design. Keep in mind that even with my propensity for grinding I was still 10 levels below Eliza when I first encountered her (most players would be 5 or so levels lower than me I'd say). Even after the 45 minute (with fast-foward going) grind session to get all my guys to level 36 the only way I could beat her without a huge item and monetary investment is when her AI spazzed out and spammed Swords Dance for 4 turns. Of course players are probably expected to raise their starter Riolu as a counter to Eliza but I didn't.

But are there any OTHER fairy moves in the game is my question. I don't wanna continue raising my Floette if Fairy Wind is all it gets.

You're right, I need someone who can help me to fix the grammar errors. As for the Pokemon problem, I did that just for making sure the gym leader has a signature Pokemon, majority of normal trainers won't be like this. About the effectiveness changing, I found that so many people don't like it. So I made version 1.12 completely follow the offical weaknesses table, and the Pokedex errors are fixed, however, as the Version 1.12 is not tested yet, I don't know if it's safe to make it the main release of this hack. So I just keep it there. As for Eliza, yes, I design it in the same way as N, but N is a human being who can communicate with Pokemon, Eliza is completely different, and it's not really the main character. So, I didn't though so much about her appearance. (To be honest, I designed this character as a human being at first, but I just thought that will make it too similar to N, so I did something different). And it's really not difficult to overcome it, just make sure it can't use the only physical move it has, and it'll not be a big problem for you. After all, it only has four moves totally. And I wish you've watched the offical movepool of Floette, it can learn Moonblast at Lv 46. It's the same in this hack.

how do i evolve electabuzz?

It evolves at Lv 40.

Version 1.12 released for fixing the Pokedex messages. And the weaknesses table in this version is the offical one. However, it is not tested.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
Use the mega rock you obtain in Lividity City

thanks. so i can mega evolve only one of my pokemons? or i can find more mega rocks?
and some another questions: how do i evolve togetic to togekiss? and where i can get a gible?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
thanks. so i can mega evolve only one of my pokemons? or i can find more mega rocks?
and some another questions: how do i evolve togetic to togekiss? and where i can get a gible?

Yes, you can only have one mega Pokemon at a time.
Togetic evolves into Togekiss via Sun Stone. Don't know where to find Gible, sorry.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
And I wish you've watched the offical movepool of Floette, it can learn Moonblast at Lv 46. It's the same in this hack.
A lot of gen 3 hacks with newer pokemon don't bother making new moves or editing existing moves to make the new pokemon's moveset closer to the official movesets. That's why I was asking.

Oh yeah, and this might've been reported and corrected in the latest version (haven't checked on either counts), but the vending machine in the town where you're given the drinking card let me get drinks from it before I got the card. I considered it a happy accident and loaded up on Lemonades immediately :silly:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
i wanna ask some questions
1- is there special/physical split ?

2- is there a new "added" moves in this hack ? (like scizor uses "X scissor")

3- and finally ... the story of this game .. does it 100% done ? ... or not yet ?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
So, I've been playing this hack for a bit - I have two badges now.

I have quite a few complaints - I'm aware that some may have been addressed already, but I'm not digging through 64 pages:

Spelling, syntax, and grammar issues galore have probably been addressed already.

Not being able to pick your starter is a terrible idea.

Level 18 Scrafty, on a random, non-boss trainer? Really?

You've implemented Fairy-type moves, but Togepi is still Normal, and Togetic is still Normal/Flying.

Why does Croagunk only know Astonish until level 31?

Why does ???'s level 13 Abra have Psybeam?

Level 10 Elekid with Thunderpunch. Totally not overpowered, nope.

A level 17 Swellow with DOUBLE TEAM is the first gym leader's ace. Really?

Bergmite's name is spelled wrong, and its sprite is horrendous. Fletchling's sprite is also pretty shoddy.

As a Nuzlocker, the inability to nickname my starter or the gift Oshawott really sucks.

Togetic gets Moonblast at level 21. Totally not OP, nope.

Sharon's portrait is horrible.

And finally:

Why on earth would you skew the game in favor of the male protagonist?

The male protagonist gets a Riolu for his starter, which, once it is a Lucario, can Mega-Evolve, on top of getting better moves for the most part. Certainly an improvement over Mienfoo/Mienshao.

Back