• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
Years
Incredible, this is really the best one I've found.
It's easy to use, and the design and such is fantastic.
Excellent work! I can finally have Gyarados learn Crunch and Outrage.

All it needs is a sprite editor, so it's possible to make your own Pokedex. At least I think you could do that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2011
my YAPE isnt working and well it sucksand yes i have been using advanced map but what do you mean when A-Map is on? please Respond

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
my YAPE isnt working and well it sucksand yes i have been using advanced map but what do you mean when A-Map is on? please Respond

- YAPE doesn't suck
- How can you say it sucks if you can't even use it?

You need to start with a clean rom, and do all the pokemon editing first, then work on the rest, makes it easier and more likely that YAPE will work fine

I couldn't get it to work at first, then I used a clean rom, all was fine. Found later that it had been because I applied the Day/Night Patch to it

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
love this thing, i never wouldve guessed it was possible to get rid of that annoying trade evolution crap lol

D-poke

Fairly Far Fetched
Years
I cannot get any of my roms to work either. I downloaded microsoft.net 3.5 but it still tells me: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. And once i get into the program, I am unable to load any roms and it says: Cannot load ROM. ROM Configuration Not Initialized> Can someone please help?

No one ever answered that question, at least not in the next few posts. Its my problem too. HELP! (the ROM part)

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
I cannot get any of my roms to work either. I downloaded microsoft.net 3.5 but it still tells me: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. And once i get into the program, I am unable to load any roms and it says: Cannot load ROM. ROM Configuration Not Initialized> Can someone please help?
No one ever answered that question, at least not in the next few posts. Its my problem too. HELP! (the ROM part)

I had the same problem originally, and I ended up redownloading YAPE because I thought that I somehow messed up the download and lost files.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

You need to make sure that you're using Windows XP, have the .Net 3.5 Framework installed, use a clean ROM, and make sure that using YAPE to do all the Pokemon Editing is the first thing you do, or that you at least start using it before you do anything else. ***YOU CANNOT APPLY THE DAY/NIGHT PATCH BEFORE FINISHING WITH YAPE*** YAPE will no longer be able to open with the ROM you are using (At least this is what I have run into when trying to use both)

These are the things I did and I got my copy of YAPE to work fine.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
I had the same problem originally, and I ended up redownloading YAPE because I thought that I somehow messed up the download and lost files.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

You need to make sure that you're using Windows XP, have the .Net 3.5 Framework installed, use a clean ROM, and make sure that using YAPE to do all the Pokemon Editing is the first thing you do, or that you at least start using it before you do anything else. ***YOU CANNOT APPLY THE DAY/NIGHT PATCH BEFORE FINISHING WITH YAPE*** YAPE will no longer be able to open with the ROM you are using (At least this is what I have run into when trying to use both)

These are the things I did and I got my copy of YAPE to work fine.

This. My brother had the exact same problem and we installed the new .Net framework, now it works perfectly fine.

D-poke

Fairly Far Fetched
Years
Tried another ROM. Either the ZIP file is wrong or something else is. And I do have NET 3.5, if its there its installed right?
I only need it to edit the Pokedex and the evolutions. Pokemon Amplifier crashes when I try to access Celebi or the ??? Pokemon
I found Team Snagem's pokedex editors, if they work it solves half my problem. I hadn't seen it cause i didnt know Polls included tools.
Update: Snagem's tool only is good for order editing, as far as i know. But i downloaded Evolution editor Pro. hope it works

Last edited:

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Tried another ROM. Either the ZIP file is wrong or something else is. And I do have NET 3.5, if its there its installed right?
I only need it to edit the Pokedex and the evolutions. Pokemon Amplifier crashes when I try to access Celebi or the ??? Pokemon
I found Team Snagem's pokedex editors, if they work it solves half my problem. I hadn't seen it cause i didnt know Polls included tools.
Update: Snagem's tool only is good for order editing, as far as i know. But i downloaded Evolution editor Pro. hope it works

I could never get the Team Snagem Tools to work correctly, but oh well.
Honestly, I hope you aren't trying to edit the ROM while it's still in a ZIP file, because if you are, no wonder it isn't working. There is nothing wrong with the download, it works fine, I installed it on my second computer, just to make sure it was working correctly. I've never used Amplifier, so I don't know what the deal is there with not being able to edit Celebi, in YAPE I was able to mess around with Celebi AND all the ?????? Pokemon Slots, just couldn't add Dex info to the ???'s slots.

how do you use it ir dose not worki

It does work, click this link ---> LINK OF HELPFULNESS and you will see what you need to do.

This. My brother had the exact same problem and we installed the new .Net framework, now it works perfectly fine.

Exactly!!!!

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I love YAPE. It is easy to understand and use.

Where I see this possibly going next is in a Pokemon Adder. Something along the lines of YAPE but w/ D/P pokemon, and a thing where you can decide which pokemon to have in your game or not.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
awesome download.
I appreciate it.
Also a quick question: Is there a tool I can download to add all 386 pokemon into a game, sort of like Pokemon Emerald 386?
Much appreciated.

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
It is possible to simply edit the wild pokemon in areas using Advance Map.

Of course, using XSE for scripting can help with making legendary events as well, but Advance Map is the best program for the job :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Getting an odd glitch with YAPE on several roms.

When I edit a Pokémon, and I evolve it in-game (Edited movesets, name(decap) among other things) then when they evolve in-game, they either go back to the level when they evolved (say pidgey evolves at level 18, when it evolves the pidgeotto is back to level 17) and some skip a level (say hoothoot evolves at level 20, then the noctowl suddenly becomes level 21).

Does this happen for anyone else? This was without me even editing the evolution data...

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
I gave Totodile 'Bite' instead of 'Leer' and changed it to my starter, yet it still has leer, help please? I rechecked, and it does say on YAPE that it has 'Bite', yet in the game, it's 'Leer'

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I gave Totodile 'Bite' instead of 'Leer' and changed it to my starter, yet it still has leer, help please? I rechecked, and it does say on YAPE that it has 'Bite', yet in the game, it's 'Leer'
It only changes moves that the pokemon's yet to learn. If the move at a previous level has already been learnt, it will stay as that move.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Just got this and it isn't working, no errors or anything. It's just not opening, but it's using 99% of my CPU.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
its not working.on my computer try to have a help thread about not working editor like this

Back