• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd probably go to ubers, but each forme could differ in stats, I guess, to make evolutions not as bad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A Rotom pre-evo... I'm more interested in the name. I mean what'd come before motor? Kind if makes me question if they would really.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I just hope they don't restrict themselves to Gen4/5 pre-/evolutions. I mean sure, we've already seen a Gen 1 evolution (Sylveon), but an eeveelution is different, I think. I don't know, it would be awesome to see evolutions of some older Pokemon as well as newer ones yup.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well, when you think about it, Gen I and II Pokemon already kind of had their time with 4th gen, y'know? They took things like Magmar, Electabuzz, Gligar, Piloswine and gave them evos and heck, they even turned a slight head towards Gen III and gave the Ralts line a split-evo (as well as give Dusclops an evo). I'm honestly hoping that maybe this generation would lean a bit more towards Gen III for evos than anything else.

Yeah that is true. The Pokemon I would most love to see evolutions for would be Tropius, Simisear, Simisage, Simipour, and Torkoal.

The only reason I really wanna see more Generation I/II evolutions is because, well, after Generation V I feel that the older classic and original generations have been quite neglected.

On a side-note, if Hoenn is introduced as an extra region in X&Y and not as it's own remake I will. freak. out.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think some generation II pokémon could still use evolutions. And some of Gen 1's would be interesting, a Dugtrio evolution that has fused a la Magnezone. Also a Golduck evolution that's Water/Psychic... see gen 1 can still be played around with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just hope they don't restrict themselves to Gen4/5 pre-/evolutions. I mean sure, we've already seen a Gen 1 evolution (Sylveon), but an eeveelution is different, I think. I don't know, it would be awesome to see evolutions of some older Pokemon as well as newer ones yup.

I think they will. I don't see why they'd revisit the earlier ones, when they already did kind of do that in the past. :(

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly although Unova was the new start and everything, I'd still like to see some older generations get some new evolutions. I do doubt it will occur, but I would love it. A Water/Psychich Golduck evolution definitely would be awesome, seeing as it just screems Water/Psychic.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I see no one's talking about that Jynx evolution that's spreading around in 4chan.

As for the Golduck evo, he really doesn't need one because of his "jack of all stats" distribution, making him capable of withstanding non-SE hard hits. He also has access to Focus Blast to counter Steel types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I misread Golduck as Golurk. Let's have an alternate Golurk evolution! If it was like, Ghost/Flying to be like a real robot, or Ghost/Steel??

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I actually want to see a final Golurk evolution rather than a branch evolution... and a Claydoll one while they're at it giving ancient artificial mons that came to live, evolutions.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Golurk is already huge though, what else could it evolve into?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A legit winged robot maybe...? That's all that really comes to mind when you think of flying robotic giant ahaha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ghost/Steel wouldn't make it more modern imo. Ghost/electric, maybe, but then it'd lose its useful ground typing :(

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I could see how that would work but he would be gigantic.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I think Ghost/Steel is a great typing, only 2 weaknesses as oppose to 5 weaknesses, plus a steel Golurk would look awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd look awesome, no doubt, but then I think it might be a little too strong really. I mean I could easily see it being in higher tiers and doing -really- well if it were an evolution of Golurk, which already has amazing attack.

Back