• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I have no idea about cmd24 :P

That is because of a special property of the specific command 'giveitem MSG_FIND' (or 'giveitem 0xY 0xZ 0x1'). It makes the OW that you spoke to last (the Pokeball) disappear while simultainously setting the flag that is equal to the OW's Person ID. You can see this clearly when use the giveitem command on an OW with an ID of 828 - It makes the Pokemon menu option appear on the player's start screen.

Each Pokeball has a different ID to stop the scripts from conflicting with each other. If you were to have two items with the same Person ID and picked one up, the other one will disappear. Since this isn't what you want, it is best to give each Pokeball an ID for a flag that won't be used anywhere else in scripts.

If you were to leave the map (setting the weather back to it's default setting) and then return to speak to the OW then it will start raining again the instant you talk to him. It would be a bit weird since you've already defeated him so he would just be saying his defeated text. If you don't want this to happen then you can use a script similar to this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @defeated
setweather 0x3
doweather
trainerbattle 0x0 0x009 0x0 @before @after
setflag 0x200
release 
end

#org @defeated
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= ...

#org @after
= I will be back...

#org @beaten
= Go away...
Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. :D

Years
Nope... I want the script to have all 15 people to move at the same time.
And every time they make a turn, I want 3 earthquakes to happen.

I don't think that pause 0x28 + special 0x133 is the root problem.
Maybe it's because I didn't use Hex form for the person's picture number.

I've just fixed the script. Now, only 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17 do not work.
I wonder why? Here's the script: (The people's event numbers are all in Hex form in the applymovement script)

Spoiler:
While I'm not entirely sure why the script isn't working properly, I've adjusted it a little:
Spoiler:
Also, are you sure that you want the sprites with person numbers 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 12, 13, 0, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21 and 19 to be moving? Cause that seems kind of sporadic in my eyes. :/

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
I am just wondering how I can get this script so that it will stop asking the yes/no question? Basically what happens:

Would you like this Dratini?
*yes/no*
Yes: You got Dratini...
Raise it well!
No: Aw, too bad.

And then after that the yes/no continues to appear, although no pokemon is received this time around.

How can i fix it so I can make a different message appear once this is all done?

Spoiler:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
While I'm not entirely sure why the script isn't working properly, I've adjusted it a little:
Spoiler:
Also, are you sure that you want the sprites with person numbers 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 12, 13, 0, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21 and 19 to be moving? Cause that seems kind of sporadic in my eyes. :/

Oh, I understand why it isn't working now. They need to be all set to one pointer for one command...
And NOT 30 different pointers.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I am just wondering how I can get this script so that it will stop asking the yes/no question? Basically what happens:

Would you like this Dratini?
*yes/no*
Yes: You got Dratini...
Raise it well!
No: Aw, too bad.

And then after that the yes/no continues to appear, although no pokemon is received this time around.

How can i fix it so I can make a different message appear once this is all done?

Spoiler:

So I made some changes that are examples of what you can do. They are in bold.

EDIT: I just noticed you arent using XSE. But you should still get the jist of what I did.

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
How do you make it so that a pokemon received from an event (givepokemon) is always shiny?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
So I made some changes that are examples of what you can do. They are in bold.

EDIT: I just noticed you arent using XSE. But you should still get the jist of what I did.
So I got the yes/no question to stop asking, but I can't get "How's that Dratini?" to appear after the player has received the Dratini.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
So I got the yes/no question to stop asking, but I can't get "How's that Dratini?" to appear after the player has received the Dratini.

Well, at the beginning of the script you need to check for a flag, the flag that is to be set after the player answers yes. after the checkflag you have to make it go to another part of the script. Im guessing the Pokescript equivalent is if 0x01 jump @(new pointer). Then at the pointer just make a message command. Look at what I bolded in my last post and you should get what im saying.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
can someone please tell me whats wrong with this script? i am trying to give my player a lucky egg and am following follumps method using pokescript. oh and can someone pm me if they know why it wont work please!

#org $item
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $nomore
message $speak
$speak 1 = ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY!!
boxset 6
give item 0xC5
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $nomore
message $ gready
$gready 1 = no more you gready ****
boxset 6
release
end

Learath2

Scripter
Years
can someone please tell me whats wrong with this script? i am trying to give my player a lucky egg and am following follumps method using pokescript. oh and can someone pm me if they know why it wont work please!

#org $item
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $nomore
message $speak
$speak 1 = ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY!!
boxset 6
give item 0xC5
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $nomore
message $ gready
$gready 1 = no more you gready ****
boxset 6
release
end

Hi giveitem mustnt have a space and you missed a parameter you should have used giveitem 0xC5 0x1. You should really tryout XSE, it helps you with your scripts.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
Hey I've been having some problems with my scripting, everything seems fine with it, like it's only a basic talking script, but when i burn it into my rom and set it up it changes it completely. My talking script changes into me talking to a person and a box coming up saying fresh water then the game freezing. If anyone knows what is going on please help me out.

I'm creating the script in notepad then encoding it in pokescript then burning it to the Rom with Buf Rite. After using Advance Map to insert the script to the game. I can provide screenshots if that will help.

Game: Fire Red
Type: Talking Script

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Whatever I type.
boxset 6
release
end

Learath2

Scripter
Years
Hey I've been having some problems with my scripting, everything seems fine with it, like it's only a basic talking script, but when i burn it into my rom and set it up it changes it completely. My talking script changes into me talking to a person and a box coming up saying fresh water then the game freezing. If anyone knows what is going on please help me out.

I'm creating the script in notepad then encoding it in pokescript then burning it to the Rom with Buf Rite. After using Advance Map to insert the script to the game. I can provide screenshots if that will help.

Game: Fire Red
Type: Talking Script

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Whatever I type.
boxset 6
release
end

Are you sure you burnt the script on freespace. If i were you i would do it like this
Code:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
boxset 6
release
end

#org $talk
$talk 1 =Whatever you type.
I think that you are following foul's tuts they are pretty good but pokescript is a bit outdated i would suggest you to use XSE.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I've been working with JPAN's rom engine. I manage to put together the Pokemon Center script, but I need help with the mom script. In case u dont make it to the 1st pkmn center I want the player to respawn at the players house. These are the values I use to make the player re spawn at the PKMN center

#org @faint
setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405c 0x4
return

What values should I use to respawn at home?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've been working with JPAN's rom engine. I manage to put together the Pokemon Center script, but I need help with the mom script. In case u dont make it to the 1st pkmn center I want the player to respawn at the players house. These are the values I use to make the player re spawn at the PKMN center

#org @faint
setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405c 0x4
return

What values should I use to respawn at home?

If you haven't changed the map in any way, I believe this script is what you're looking for:

Code:
sethealingplace 0x0
setvar 0x405A 0x4
setvar 0x405B 0x8
setvar 0x405C 0x5

The instruction manual explains how the varibles affect where you reappear, so re-read it if you're having problems with making the changes.

borisjo

Scripter (XSE, pokescript)
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2016
Respawn point

I'm looking for an answer on how to change the respawn point after you faint.
I looked on google and youtube for ages but I just can't find it.
The two comments above they're also talking about respawn points with the command setvar 0x00 0x00 but in a program called JPAN's rom editor and I have no idea what that is.
So I hope someone here can tell me how to script that in XSE or pokescript.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
i need help

In the game I'm making, the player has a sister who blocks the entrance to the next area until the player get's his first Pokemon.

Like this:

Spoiler:

But when you back there (from another room or something) she's blocking the entrance again. My question is, how do you make it so that once she moves to the left, she never moves back, but still can't move left again. I tried using a level script but it didn't work. Please help.

borisjo

Scripter (XSE, pokescript)
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2016
Spoiler:

I changed it a little bit.
If you want to make a sprite disappear you make the People ID the same as the flag, maybe it also works to let her not move back again

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I tried what you said. It made the sprite disappear. I just want it so that she doesn't block the entrance again after you go inside (or something).

Learath2

Scripter
Years
In the game I'm making, the player has a sister who blocks the entrance to the next area until the player get's his first Pokemon.

Like this:

Spoiler:

But when you back there (from another room or something) she's blocking the entrance again. My question is, how do you make it so that once she moves to the left, she never moves back, but still can't move left again. I tried using a level script but it didn't work. Please help.

Cant you make her so she is always at the right side of the door and when you step on a script tile wich must be right in front of the door moves you back one tile moves her left one tile talks and goes back to her place. After the flag is set she would talk and set the variable so it wont happen again.

Here you go i wrote you an example

Spoiler:

I wrote this for you just that i want to help out people normally i should just have told you what to do this is just a example examine and modify it for your needs. Hope this helps make sure you update your XSE because there is no such command boxset now its a parameter of msgbox. Put the sister right of the door. Put a script tile in front of door and give this script to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back