• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
thats really helpful, thanks :D i know its hard to sound appreciative over the internet but that made a lot of sense to me.

and with the sprite, i got the original 15 colour sprite, added the red background, Indexed it with Irfanview, then imported it over Cascoon, found an offset in FSF, wrote it to the ROM, ticking all boxes on the window.
I'm thinking it has something to do with the sprite, although if the sprite was wrong in anyway. unLZ wouldve told me. :/

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
thats really helpful, thanks :D i know its hard to sound appreciative over the internet but that made a lot of sense to me.

and with the sprite, i got the original 15 colour sprite, added the red background, Indexed it with Irfanview, then imported it over Cascoon, found an offset in FSF, wrote it to the ROM, ticking all boxes on the window.
I'm thinking it has something to do with the sprite, although if the sprite was wrong in anyway. unLZ wouldve told me. :/

It may have been the Free Space. I'm not sure how Free Space Finder works, but the sprite does require a lot of free space. It is best to search a load of free space (like... well, a lot of lines), if you haven't already. (Or use a Hex Editor and look for a ton of FFs.)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
if its to do with space, then i wonder why other, larger sprites worked?
EDIT: not sure if this would make a difference, but i searched for 512 bytes of space rather than 256 and still was the same....

i need to solve this :/

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
if its to do with space, then i wonder why other, larger sprites worked?

Probably isn't. But we can't tell what happened to the sprite when... Wait, you inserted other sprites before this? It does matter, as it depends where you put them. Others would work with enough free space, but this may not have worked if it didn't.

What exactly did you do, step by step?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years

Probably isn't. But we can't tell what happened to the sprite when... Wait, you inserted other sprites before this? It does matter, as it depends where you put them. Others would work with enough free space, but this may not have worked if it didn't.

What exactly did you do, step by step?

Well i made the sprite, indexed it using IrfanView, decreased colour depth and changed so the red background was first in the pallete to become transparent.
then i found an offset in exactly the same way as i did with the others, and inserted it over cascoon in exactly the same way...

I wouldnt be bothered normally about it but i dont see where the problem is due to others being exactly the same and working.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
:S

Helloo,
Soo.. For some reason, in my hack, the running shoes aren't working..
the 0x82F flag is DEFINATLEY set, because I've made seperate checkflags to check if it was set. And when I set the warps to, say, Pallet town (or any FR map), the shoes work fine.
So, is there a problem in AdvanceMap?
Maybe the 'Map Script'?

Please Help :/

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
You can only add maybe 16 OWs with that tut and even that's tough to get to work (I've tried every "inserting OWs tutorial" in the book). You're better off applying JPAN's Hacked Engine and using my tutorial:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=211535

I suppose. Although keep in mind that not everybody is willing to apply JPAN's Hacked Engine.

Helloo,
the 0x82F flag is DEFINATLEY set, because I've made seperate checkflags to check if it was set. And when I set the warps to, say, Pallet town (or any FR map), the shoes work fine.
Maybe the 'Map Script'?

If I recall correctly, the byte used to determine whether running shoes can be used or not (along with the ability to fly, dig, bike, etc.) is the "Show name upon entering" byte, found in the Header View in AdvanceMap. I once documented which values caused certain conditions but I can't remember where I put that file. However, if you just use the option that is used in most outdoor maps, it should work.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How do i get a Lucario Sprite to go into my Fire Red hack?! I've tried and tried,and it won't go in! TT_TT
Resize the sprite and make the palette match the backsprite, and use Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor for editing the sprites, it's easy,safe and always works for me.
I've just started scripting, and when i use PKSVui or something like this, i don't know how to put the script into the game and get the $XXXXXX offset that you put in Advance Map. xD I know, it's propably n00bish but i need this information.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I've searched around for awhile now, but I can't find any info for this. How can I change the pokemon that the Old Man catches when he shows you how to catch Pokemon? Weedle is boring... I know that I just need to change one number in a hex editor, but I'm not sure how to find the offset.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Is there any possible way of editing the text that you get whenever you are deafeated. The text that appears in the black screen that reads: "You protect your fainted Pokemon from further harm" or something.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Helloo,
Maybe the 'Map Script'?

Check out HackMew's thread.

Andrut

Years
Is there a tool in which you may just EDIT in-game scripts, not add, because i wanted to change the egg in Lavaridge to contain Celebi...

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
In advance map, how can I change the name of my newly created map? When I insert the map it's name becomes "Littleroot Town" and when I try to change the name in the header it changes the names of all "Littleroot Town"s. Is there a way to just change the name of that one area?

help, thx

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
to change it to a different route click on the drop down box with the current route/city's name in it and select the one you would like.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I've searched around for awhile now, but I can't find any info for this. How can I change the pokemon that the Old Man catches when he shows you how to catch Pokemon? Weedle is boring... I know that I just need to change one number in a hex editor, but I'm not sure how to find the offset.

Just bumping my question because I still haven't found any info on this, and I don't want it to get skipped.

EDIT: I have found the answer I was looking for!

Last edited:

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
Years
Resize the sprite and make the palette match the backsprite, and use Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor for editing the sprites, it's easy,safe and always works for me.
I've just started scripting, and when i use PKSVui or something like this, i don't know how to put the script into the game and get the $XXXXXX offset that you put in Advance Map. xD I know, it's propably n00bish but i need this information.
Ive tried....Even with my Gymleader Neko-Naga and Furr-Tamers....I don't know what color to make them transparent with!

Andrut

Years
In advance map, how can I change the name of my newly created map? When I insert the map it's name becomes "Littleroot Town" and when I try to change the name in the header it changes the names of all "Littleroot Town"s. Is there a way to just change the name of that one area?

help, thx
Just use the first option "Name:", if you hack Emerald you may just take a kanto city/route/dungeon like PALLET TOWN. In ruby/sapphire/FR/LG, there are sadly no unused names.
Ive tried....Even with my Gymleader Neko-Naga and Furr-Tamers....I don't know what color to make them transparent with!
Which program are you using?
And yes, i'm still waiting for the answer....
Is there a tool in which you may just EDIT in-game scripts, not add, because i wanted to change the egg in Lavaridge to contain Celebi...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today

Open the script offset with XSE (by using Advance Map, select the woman, and go into edit script, or whatever, if you have a Script Editor selected in Advance Map.) and just change the script. I don't know the exact thing to change, but I presume it is under "giveegg 0xXXX (XXX being a 3 digit hexademic number for Wunaut). Change the XXX number for Celebi's Hexedemical number, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back