• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Villainous Team Speculation!

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
i love bad guys. they make the story be not just about friends, but about protect the world

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've come to the conclusion that if X&Y are going to keep breaking some traditions as some rumours have suggested, then reinventing the "Evil Team" can be one. I for one would like an evil organization, one named without the word "Team". So like an League or Circle or something of the sort. r perhaps the government can be against us, like some have said. Or perhaps no evil team at all.

What would you like to see in terms of a big bad or lack thereof?

After the gym leaders all teamed up to help you in the previous game, I'd love to see more of the manga style, with the gym leaders all being evil and with a Dark gym leader already! Maybe a dual type of Fairy-Light/Dark gym.

I would love dual typing gyms being everywhere... If they did dual type gyms, however, I think the 8*2=16 would leave 1-2 types out unless there are more new types. If they did this I bet that the types left out would be Fairy-Light and Dark type meaning that Dark-type would be left by the evil team and Fairy-Light would be the Elite Four Champion's type.

If the rumors of Xerneas and Yveltal being Life/Death Pokemon, I bet the evil organization will be after Yveltal and then Xerneas comes in to save the day in X. In Y, the evil organization will be after Xerneas to prevent his impact on them and Yveltal comes in to save the day in order to keep the balance of life and death.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Some sort of evil team definitely needs to be included in the games!
It helps to feel like the hero of the game, and they always make for some good plots.
I would love to see a rather "classic" evil team like team rocket again, that is just looking to make a profit with Pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think there will be an evil team at this point. It just feels like they should say at least something about the evil team and the fact that they haven't makes me think that there really won't be. If that's the case, maybe we're just fighting ourselves for a better region...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think there will be an evil team at this point. It just feels like they should say at least something about the evil team and the fact that they haven't makes me think that there really won't be. If that's the case, maybe we're just fighting ourselves for a better region...
Plasma wasn't introduce until around the summer after the announcement of 5 so we still go time for GF to announce the evil team of this generation. Now if they were to not have any news on them for this summer then you'll probably be right.

A rumor is saying the new evil teams are called Acid and Base...sort of ruins the GRAMPS meme...now it's GRAMPAB lol

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

There will always be an evil team, it's what provides the games main conflict as the evil team always represents the people who try and do wrong with Pokemon, without an evil team, the game is just about collecting badges and that'd be kinda boring, so yes we're getting an evil team, that's one tradition of the main series that'll never disappear, and for good reason.

Years
Hope they make the evil team smart for once, sure the grunts being dumb makes them easy to control but it get's old fast. Maybe make a team with a hierarchy like dumb muscle grunts, smarter grunts, Admins, and Boss or something like that.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
It'd be nice if the evil villain was a surprise character that you know throughout the game and they are revealed to be the leader or at least an executive at the climactic legendary pokemon scene. And this time, NOT make it so obvious like they did with
Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
I'd be pretty surprised and disappointed if there was no evil team for this generation, I always enjoy the involvement with the villainous team in Pokemon games.

Years
Me too...it'll make the games dull unless the team was replace by some other antagonistic force like a Pokémon that challenges you and tries to hurt you...but that doesn't sound likely (Darkrai is the closest) so evil team it is.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

It's pretty much a guarantee honestly. Every single game has had an evil team be the driving force of the story outside of beating the eight gyms. I wouldn't mind having a shift away to that something totally different, but I don't think a lack of information about them says that there isn't one.

Years
Maybe GF will release them closer to release to make it easier on those who are trying to not spoil themselves (I'm not really one of them btw). As it's like a giant cookie for fans, and hard to resist.

blue

gucci
Years
Unless they make us aware of the name of the evil corporation, their members etc but keep their motive a secret for us to figure out in-game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I like it how in BW plasma take over the Pokemon league instead of the usual plot defeat gym leader defeat evil team then defeat elite four, that's why I like BW more than BW2, I hope they make something new this time.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Unless they make us aware of the name of the evil corporation, their members etc but keep their motive a secret for us to figure out in-game.

Which I'd rather actually prefer that'd they would continue doing with this game. I like having very small information about the plot itself. Maybe they can show their design for the grunts, but other than that I wouldn't want to see the leader of the team or want to know what their motives were ahead of time. It's way more fun to discover it in-game.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Has anyone else thought about the XYZ
affair
for a possible inspiration for the evil team (or if not the team, the plot)? I know it's fairly obscure but it does have some interesting similarities to X&Y considering that the affair was a conflict between the United States (Unova) and France (Kalos), and the obvious similarity of the names of the conflict and the games. I'm not extremely informed about the details about the XYZ affair but there may be something there that could be a source of inspiration for the plot of the games and the evil team of Kalos. Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to discuss this obscure similarity between the games and a small conflict in the history between the US and France.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Has anyone else thought about the XYZ
affair
for a possible inspiration for the evil team (or if not the team, the plot)? I know it's fairly obscure but it does have some interesting similarities to X&Y considering that the affair was a conflict between the United States (Unova) and France (Kalos), and the obvious similarity of the names of the conflict and the games. I'm not extremely informed about the details about the XYZ affair but there may be something there that could be a source of inspiration for the plot of the games and the evil team of Kalos. Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to discuss this obscure similarity between the games and a small conflict in the history between the US and France.

The XYZ Affair was the first thing that came to my head actually, but I never thought of the evil team being apart of that... I'm not sure if there is much substance there, but maybe they could stretch it out to cover a team.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I have some options in my mind.
Team Ragnarok:The only advanced city is apparently Lumiose.Team Ragnarok wants the world to return to a medival style and wants to use the legendaries for that.
Another Edition:They want to catch the legendaries that affect the seasons(Maybe the trio of this gen?)to mess up the world
Their emblem will be a wolf's head with a viking helmet

Team ???:Wants the Legendaries' DNA in order to reinforce their pokemon so they can rule the world.

Pokemon they will use:Gogoat/Gogoat evo and if the fairy type is true some sort of Vaniresque pokemon.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I have some options in my mind.
Team Ragnarok:The only advanced city is apparently Lumiose.Team Ragnarok wants the world to return to a medival style and wants to use the legendaries for that.
Another Edition:They want to catch the legendaries that affect the seasons(Maybe the trio of this gen?)to mess up the world
Their emblem will be a wolf's head with a viking helmet

Team ???:Wants the Legendaries' DNA in order to reinforce their pokemon so they can rule the world.

Pokemon they will use:Gogoat/Gogoat evo and if the fairy type is true some sort of Vaniresque pokemon.

I think it would be cool if Odin, Loki, Thor (With name alterations, but where its still obvious) played a part in this... With Loki betraying them, even though this would be obvious to people who know the Gods...

Also here is my copypasta from the general speculation thread since it is relevant:

Norse Mythology... Norse Mythology... NORSE MYTHOLOGY...

Check this out...

Yggdrasil looks like this area of the map...
9pPcELm.jpg

Xerneas
Yveltal
Z_____

Team name? Team Ragnarok?

Back