• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
HotY-2010-R3-results-banner.png

Introduction

2010 has flown by hasn't it? I don't know about you guys but I still remember writing up 2009's thread for this and, of course, all the drama that ensued. Drama is an ever present in a community where everyone is vying for that one position of Hack of the Year; only one hack can win the award per year and that's why I think it's so prestigious and sought after. I fully expect drama to ensue from this one too as we're never without it, are we? Last year I mentioned how 2009 was a fantastic year for ROM Hacking on the Pokémon front; however, I think 2010 was even better. Despite the obvious concerns of people relying on tools to do things we continue to make strides into what was previously unknown and this is why 2010 has put us ROM Hackers at our finest. Now, without further adieu let's get on with this.

Results

Results%20table.png

Awards

HotY-3.png

HotY-2.png

HotY-1.png

Final Thoughts

Well, guys, I hope you all enjoyed playing these hacks as much as I'm sure the makers did and it's fantastic to give recognition to hacks that are judged to deserve it. I really think that with the strides that we're currently making then we can, henceforth, make 2011 the start of Pokémon ROM Hacking's golden era. If you want to enquire with the judges on their 'raw judging' or their thoughts on each hack then you can feel free to private message them on these forums. Thanks for a fantastic year guys I hope you had one too.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thought so I'll be in third place once again xD

Congratulations to the 2nd and top placers~ :3

edit: by the way... My hack's name is "Life of Guardians", and not "Legend of Guardians"... :P

edit2: the image is fixed now. ty Hiroshi, ty for the community for a nice competition. ^^
and once again, congratulations to the 2 leading winners. ^^
3 is my favorite number, so I guess that's the reason why I am always stuck at being third in place :P

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't have minded if either Light Platinum or Sienna won. Light Platinum is an awesome game I can or can't wait to play when it is finished. Congratulations to the winners though!

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I saw this coming
Congratulations to all three of you, you've all worked really hard on your hacks and deserved it!
And especially congrats to Manipulation and Chibi Robo for getting first place :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
edit: by the way... My hack's name is "Life of Guardians", and not "Legend of Guardians"... :P
Lol I think they made that mistake before. Hope it gets fixed.

Anyways, congratulations to all three of you on competing to the final round of the Hack of the Year, and congrats to Manipulation on winning 1st Place for Sienna. I knew you were going to win first place.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
You can play Hiroshi Sotomura for that, PM him and he'll rectify it for you. ;)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
The second and third place results the same as the last contest. Congrats to all the winners, you all worked really hard to deserve this! You should be proud of yourselves.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
GOOD! this year the votes have been correct (as it regards me). The judges have shown to be very competent and the votes for every category have been equitable.

So...congratulation to Manipulation and his Sienna to be the new HOTY!

And also congratulation to Light Platinum of Wesley and Life of Guardian of Destinedjagold becouse are 2 very competitive hacks!

Best of good luck to all!! (and happy new year XD)

AMZMA

◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►
Years
yeah, finally the result out.
congrats for the winner. hope u make a great rom again :D
same hope for 2nd & 3rd place

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
The three should be number one. All are unique in their own way.

Congrats Manipulation for the first prize and Wesley and destinedjagold for second and third place.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2011
Congrats to all the winners, you all worked really hard to deserve this!
Expect.........

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
yeah, finally the result out.
congrats for the winner. hope u make a great rom again :D
same hope for 2nd & 3rd place
Lol

Anyway, congratulations on here as well. However I must incline that all three nominees are just as great, and deep down I don't think we have one winner, but three.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
omg only 2 people said congrats to me on my amazing achievment. ;;
I demand moar luv

congrats on djg and wesley for placing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back