• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Medal System

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Here, we can talk about the Medal System. If you like it, if you don't, even if you need help to get a specific medal, or you just want to post how many medals you have, this is the place to do so.

IMHO, I really like this thing, much, much similar to Achievements in Xbox360 or Trophies in Playstation 3.

Right now, I have 126 medals, and I'm capturing lots of Patrats to achieve the capture of 50 Pokèmon in a single day.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
I like the medal system it adds more to do in the game and friendly competion between friends. I don't go out of my way to get a medal except for the specific team combo in beating the elite four those im trying to get.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I like the medal system, I am an achievement/trophy hunter. Sadly my first "hard" medal will probably be hatching Max number of eggs (100?) and I probably still won't be happy with my newly hatched Pokemon...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I liked it, but I didn't really focus on it as much as I thought I would before I played the game. It did add something fresh to the gameplay but nothing too significant, personally.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I really like the Medal System! I only have 89 right now but I'm trying to train a bunch of Pokemon to do the monotype team challenges. I've been training in the Treehollow place so I'm hitting two birds with one stone cx

Years
I agree that it has a slight feel to it like Achievements or Trophies- little goals to work towards that don't impact the game overall. That being said, I do enjoy the medal system, even though I'm still very early into the game. I probably won't go out of my way to get them until after I've finished the main story- but it'll give me that extra incentive to keep playing, which I like.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I really like the Medal System! I only have 89 right now but I'm trying to train a bunch of Pokemon to do the monotype team challenges. I've been training in the Treehollow place so I'm hitting two birds with one stone cx
That explains why I'm not seeing any birds lately...

*ahem* I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of it. It's kinda cool in that you get rewarded for doing things, it's kind of like an achievement unlocker. However, it's also a distraction from the main game. Every time I see him at the PC, I just have to know what he's there about.

NEway, here's a full listing of some medals for completeness.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's all 255 of them. :)

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I really don't like this :/ We don't have to do anything, just complete the story line and get them side by side. Nothing so special :/

IWearHatsIndoors

They're comfy and easy to wear
Years
I really like the idea of this, and I love the way that it makes you know that you haven't done EVERYTHING yet, meaning there are some goals after you complete the main story that you haven't actually found yet. I consider it more of a checklist
Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of the hint coins, and I think they are occasionally a bit vague, but there are some parts which make me realize that I've got more to do.
I only have 58... which means I've got a LOT of stuff I can do ^^

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I really don't like this :/ We don't have to do anything, just complete the story line and get them side by side. Nothing so special :/
Not necessarily. I'll see if I can add more to the post above without breaking the character limit. I've added the rest of the medals to the post above. There are many PokéStar Studios ones as well as Battle Subway, PWT, Musical, and even special medals for completing the Elite Four with one single type of Pokémon (i.e. all Rock type, all Poison type, etc.; in total, one for each type, one for using only one Pokémon, and a bonus for getting all 17 18 of them for 18 19 in that category).

Are there any medals on the above list that you need help with? Or do you just find the inclusion of a certain medal interesting and wish to point it out? Post!

Cyclone

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I actually like this system. While some of the medals aren't that easy to get, the medal hunt is a fun little sidequest to do, IMO.

Plasma Prince N

Full-time Pokémon Master.
Years
I'm a sucker for achievements of any kind, so I love the introduction of the medals! I still have yet to complete the main game due to lack of free time over the past couple months, but I'm aiming on getting them all eventually.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I like the system, but I will probably never do them all. The main ones I want are the ones that you have to defeat the Elite 4 with 1 type of pokemon and beat the elite 4 with a single pokemon. It gives us a lot of things to do after the main game. I am just glad we don't have to collect them all for trainer card which I thought we had to at first.

Adore

Party.
Years
Some of them are kind of ridiculous (1 million EXP in one day? No thanks) but overall I like the system a lot! It adds a lot of extra content to the game and gives me a reason to keep playing after completing story mode.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Some of them are kind of ridiculous (1 million EXP in one day? No thanks) but overall I like the system a lot! It adds a lot of extra content to the game and gives me a reason to keep playing after completing story mode.
That's easy once you've reached high-level Audinos. A Lv.47-50 one drops a LOT of experience, and if you have a baby Lv.1 holding a Lucky Egg leading the charge, it's not uncommon for a number over 10,000 to appear, even 15,000. Get 20 babies in there, times just 10,000, and there's 200,000 already. Meanwhile the minimal experience your main fighter is getting helps.

You can also purposefully get several Pokémon from baby to Lv.50 this way. Many have 150,000 experience by this point. Multiply that by 7, not even thinking about the main fighter, and bingo.

Cyclone

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I also have 202 medals and I also feel that it's impossible to get the one that makes you connect to 1000 people with the C-gear, but there is a trick to this and it requires both DS's to be shut down after each time you connect and this is way too much time consuming. I also feel I will never get the Anville train medal thing because there are supposedly 11 trains, but I only hear the descriptions of only 10 trains. The two medals that I am working on are the beat 1000 trainers in the black tower and beat the PWT with every type. In general, I like the medal system; it gives me more to do in the game and it reminds me of xbox achievements :D

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I don't mind it. I don't really like it and I haven't really been chasing medals yet, but I don't love it either. And it could well be something that I get into once the rest of the story is done with.

Last edited:

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I love the medal system. I like achieving things and this gives us something to do in the game when we don't know what else to do. For me it's going to be really unlikely to earn all the medals because of the one were we have to score 1000 points in a funfest mission and the one where we have to participate in a mission with 30 people. I live in a small country, I don't know anyone nearby who plays pokémon so... yeah. Unless I go to Japan, and even then I have my doubts if I would find 30 people to play a funfest mission with.

I'm almost at 200 medals :)

Back