• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Pokemon Platinum Version Retype Project! (COMMUNITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Guys.
The original Mesprit sprite also has that chest.
It also has those arms.

I looked at the sprite, and yes, it does have that funky arm, so I guess it's okay if it's there.
However, the top of the chest does resemble the one from the original sprite, but it's sort of a straight line afterwards.

one_zpsb932144a.png
This is where I can see that the chest looks fine, but
two_zpsaced6011.png
this is where I can see flatness.

I made a slight edit to the sprite on its chest (and its arm, but that's the original sprite designers' fault), so you can see the difference.
three_zpsd4328a99.png
four_zps6131d40c.png

The one on the left is mine, and the one on the right is yours. The body has a curve the whole way through now, not just at the top.

I wasn't trying to say that your work was bad, I do like it. I was just trying to help improve it. :(

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Wow, a lot of stuff went up while I wasn't looking, this thread is really picking up steam!

This Sneasel design is pretty sweet imo, but I have one suggestion. It looks to me like the grays are roughly the same, but in the originals Weavile is noticeably darker. I personally don't see that with these two, even though the Weavile is slightly darker from what I can tell, maybe you could try making it a little more so. But either way both designs are grand!

I have an update on Tentacool. Lemme know what you think, I decided to make the gems look more like diamonds in shape rather than trying to shove a bunch of crystals coming off of it. If it's good, I'll try to apply it to the animation sprite too, and then start on the back sprite.

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Oh crap I have to fix the formatting of the Sneasel sprites. They're not 8bpp indexed so I'm gonna have to try to remake the palette in GG without losing too much color information.
e: AND THE AWARD TO DUMBEST IDIOT GOES TO ME, I totally missed a step that will totally save them in the right format without the extra steps I was taking. In conclusion, I am dummy me am dummy.
e2: Turns out the Duskull had too many colors though so I was going to end up losing color information on it one way or another.
e3: Tentacool should be fine

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, cool! I'll probably finalize the sprites on Tuesday. I know, I'm slow compared to a lot of you, but I have a trade shop and challenges to do as well. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I just thought I should double check that my Pallet change worked right. I did it exactly the way your instructions say, except I figured it out myself, so it should work just fine. But I thought I should ask you to be sure.

Also, why not just fighting on Aipom? It doesn't seem like it would need to be normal too, and that will just make it one of the only fighting types to be weak to itself.

I feel like keeping a part of it normal adds a bit of flavour, haha. I like having rare/new type combinations, I was the guy who made that evil electric/poison Chatot in the OP. I did a grass/rock Glalie and a grass/ghost Froslass too, but they were lost to photobucket last year...

I'll post my sprites when I eventually hit 15 posts.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
I looked at the sprite, and yes, it does have that funky arm, so I guess it's okay if it's there.
However, the top of the chest does resemble the one from the original sprite, but it's sort of a straight line afterwards.

one_zpsb932144a.png
This is where I can see that the chest looks fine, but
two_zpsaced6011.png
this is where I can see flatness.

I made a slight edit to the sprite on its chest (and its arm, but that's the original sprite designers' fault), so you can see the difference.
three_zpsd4328a99.png
four_zps6131d40c.png

The one on the left is mine, and the one on the right is yours. The body has a curve the whole way through now, not just at the top.

I wasn't trying to say that your work was bad, I do like it. I was just trying to help improve it. :(

It's fine XD
It mostly just was a design anyways.

EDIT: Working on a design for Steel/Electric Houndoom.

EDIT2: So. My computer kept crashing and i'm typing this on my phone. What i had in mind was Houndoom basically steel-colored, but the skull thingy is removed and the bones are colored cyan. The tail is also more like a short point instead of the stupid rat-like tail he has now. And then maybe cyan designs all over? Think Tron.

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
f3jfyqz.png

WCPeboB.png

Not as good as my Starly, but it gets the job of bridging the line until Staraptor done.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
It's the forehead triangle that's wrong, absolutely. The ears might be off but the forehead triangle is at a bad angle.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This is actually a fun thread to subscribe to. :3
I'll try and bug my bro to make a few sprites. He does love redoing sprites if he has nothing else to do. :P

If not, then I could always try my hands on spriting. o.0

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I made a fire/rock type Rampardos. It only took like 20 minutes, so if you don't like it, feel free to scrap it.
Rampardos_front_zpsf259532e.png

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I made a fire/rock type Rampardos. It only took like 20 minutes, so if you don't like it, feel free to scrap it.
Rampardos_front_zpsf259532e.png

That would be so much cooler if we didn't have so many fire types already! D: Okay I'm scrapping the Gastly line for this, it looked like crap anyway.
e: Maybe I should wait to see if the Munchlax guy ever comes back.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
That would be so much cooler if we didn't have so many fire types already! D: Okay I'm scrapping the Gastly line for this, it looked like crap anyway.
e: Maybe I should wait to see if the Munchlax guy ever comes back.

I loved how that Gastly turned out though. That's too bad that there were so many fire types, I hadn't realized there were so many.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Eh I guess we could allow for one more, but let's seriously take a break this time.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Sorry please cancel my entry for Munchlax, I don't get enough time nowadays so I won't be able to do Snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back