• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Hey everyone,

As my first post, i am going to post some questions that i have been dealing with while making my hack.

1. When i do scripting, i save my script as .rbc, then i right click and compile it, but when the pokescript comes up it says "file not found or user cancel"

then it gives me this in the LOG

#OFFSET: 0, 0
Invalid Command : checkflag
Invalid Command : if
Invalid Command : message
Invalid Command : boxset
Invalid Command : compare
Invalid Command : if
Invalid Command : message
Invalid Command : boxset
Invalid Command : release
Invalid Command : end

How do i go about fixing this?

2. Is it possible to have people follow you, like in the old pokemon yellow games? How pikachu follows you? Is it possible to have others follow you like that?

3. Is it possible to put in a cut scene, like in the ruby game how it gives a cut scene with groudon?

4. Lastly, is it possible to add different weather? Like can you make the wind blow, so like leaves and trash fly by?

Thanks in advance to whoever helps.
1.- looks like pokescript doesn't recognize any command. I don't have pokescript but you may have missing a file. If you were using a rubikon program (scripted, diamond cutter, rubikon), it would be rubikon.dat, in pokescript, I dunno

2.- No

3.- What cutscene? Do you mean the one in emerald in sootopolis when rayquaza comes? Then no, unless you ASM and don't even ask about that.

4.- Not unless you ASM... BUT you can edit the graphics of the current weathers to look different (take note the battle effects will still be there). For example, you could do the leaves thing with the sandstorm weather.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
Another question(still waiting for an asnwer to the last one),where can you get the up to date version of elite map?I searched through the forums here, and in some other sites, but none of them had the newer versions.I also need Ape and RSBALL, but I guess, that's included in elitemap,right?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
by any chance did you save?
No I didn't. Anyways, I fixed the problem thanks.
Another question(still waiting for an asnwer to the last one),where can you get the up to date version of elite map?I searched through the forums here, and in some other sites, but none of them had the newer versions.I also need Ape and RSBALL, but I guess, that's included in elitemap,right?

I think theres no updated version of elitemap yet.
Yes you can find RS ball in elitemap, but you can find APE in the toolbox in hackmews tool factory.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
No I didn't. Anyways, I fixed the problem thanks.

I think theres no updated version of elitemap yet.
Yes you can find RS ball in elitemap, but you can find APE in the toolbox in hackmews tool factory.
Oops, I meant Pet not APE ^^'... I just want a never version than 3.0, the current version.

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
Years
1.- looks like pokescript doesn't recognize any command. I don't have pokescript but you may have missing a file. If you were using a rubikon program (scripted, diamond cutter, rubikon), it would be rubikon.dat, in pokescript, I dunno

2.- No

3.- What cutscene? Do you mean the one in emerald in sootopolis when rayquaza comes? Then no, unless you ASM and don't even ask about that.

4.- Not unless you ASM... BUT you can edit the graphics of the current weathers to look different (take note the battle effects will still be there). For example, you could do the leaves thing with the sandstorm weather.

Well, i havent been able to find rubikon.dat. Ive found a few things that say i should check in the rom folder, but there is nothing there. I saw Celebi post a thing such as this, but it wasnt answered.

Anyway, i am now using Advancemap 1.9 and when i click the button "look at script" for any of the scripts, like the ones that gamefreak did or anything, it says "Invalid" for the offest number.

I can copy a test script from a tutorial, name it something simple like "basic" without the "'s, and it still wont work. Ill keep on looking for Rubikon.dat though.

Back to question 2, will there ever be a way to make people follow you? I saw back in an old pokemon yellow thread that the guy was trying to make it happen, but he never succeeded. I think this would be very cool, and you could make a game that is very closely related to the tv series if you could.

Question 3, i wont ask anything about it. But i will look into ASM, thanks for the tip.

And question 4, i will do the same and look for ASM, so i can have many different weather patterns.

Thanks for the reply, Teh Baro.

Zion042

BattleLegend
Years
im trying to add a poke center in ruby but im a little new to hacking and i got down basics like changing the maps tiles and adding certain pokemon but dont know a whole lot about scripting and adding new houses and centers. can anyone help me. (advance map is being used)

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
Years
im trying to add a poke center in ruby but im a little new to hacking and i got down basics like changing the maps tiles and adding certain pokemon but dont know a whole lot about scripting and adding new houses and centers. can anyone help me. (advance map is being used)

Im new aswell, but i can help with your pokecenter problem.

First, once you load your rom into AM, then go to the Map view and draw your pokecenter by using the pictures on the right. Then, go to events view and click the ticker for Warps up by 1. Then re-point it and a new warp will appear at the top left. Then, drag the warp to the door of your poke center. Next, go to a different map and click on the warp on a different poke center. Then press "follow warp" and you will be pointed twards the inside of a center. Next, copy down the numbers at the top (In petalburg, once you follow the warp it goes to 8.4). Now, enter in those numbers in the warp Map Bank and Map. Then, just to be sure, press follow warp to see if you did it right.

Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Oops, I meant Pet not APE ^^'... I just want a never version than 3.0, the current version.

There is no newer one, at the moment. There is a program called TrainerEd, but I am not sure if it works properly.

I've heard that a new trainer editor may appear sooner or later...

Cheers!

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
But it only has the older version, and it is in some other language...
I need the 2006 version, not 3.2...

Can some1 else PLZ help me...

Well, I don't really use PA, but try Darthatron's Pokemon Editor Pro. In my opinion it works even better than Pokemon Amplifier (lets you edit names), and it's right in the toolbox.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
There is no newer one, at the moment. There is a program called TrainerEd, but I am not sure if it works properly.

I've heard that a new trainer editor may appear sooner or later...

Cheers!
Well, I downloaded the latest,Elite Map 3.7!Though, is the trained on this site?I only know the train edit pro.Also what's the best tool for adding new pokemon with pics?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Could I ask for the pallete offset of the titlescreen for Ruby?
It would mean a great deal, if someone could.

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
does anyone know how to change background in titlescreen picture that the middle of it ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
hi wen i make a new script and put it on a new sprite it comes up wih nothing wen i play the game could sum 1 help[ please?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
hi wen i make a new script and put it on a new sprite it comes up wih nothing wen i play the game could sum 1 help[ please?

Could you show the script? There may be something wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back