• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
Hi this is Haxeray, and I'm back to do a solo on Emerald version with Dunsparce. I'll start tomorrow and post asap

Years
Is it too late to sign up if I've been going Solo so far except for TWO battles (one of which was a double battle and I was forced to use a second pokemon, the other was a battle against Cheren) or is it already disqualified?

MeanLook

Now you can't get away
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2011
Doing a solo on Typhlosion,Silver is the destination.After avaliatin it,I'll maybe do an Ultimate

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Is it too late to sign up if I've been going Solo so far except for TWO battles (one of which was a double battle and I was forced to use a second pokemon, the other was a battle against Cheren) or is it already disqualified?
that should be okay, as long as you don't do it anymore. I assume your "soloer" died against Cheren...
Also, who are you using?

Years
that should be okay, as long as you don't do it anymore. I assume your "soloer" died against Cheren...
Also, who are you using?

He didn't really... die. I just didn't want the SpAtt EV. xD I didn't mean to make my current playthrough a Solo Run, but having a L57 Emboar when my next highest is an UT L15 Venipede kinida makes it so that everything else is pretty much useless by now (going to Relic Castle as part of the story).

Emboar is my Soloer (White Version) if you didn't catch it. I don't mind if I'm disqualified. I'll probably restart when I get bored, so I'll get in next time.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
5. If the Pokemon you want to solo run is not available before the first gym, you may either hack in the Pokemon or trade in an egg. Sure, you can use egg moves.

just to clear a couple things up... if i want a pokemon from the first gen through all of them.... can i just hack a lv five into the game and use it? like...

i wanna do the ultimate with cubone. can i hack a cubone into the beginning of each game so i start with it?

and one issue with that... what if the pokemon doesnt have any damage dealing attacks at that level? would i be allowed to go ahead and put in a HM attack or a basic scratch or tackle? or just level it like you would a magicarp till it learns its first attack?

sorry for long post, never done a challenge like this and i love my cubones :)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
just to clear a couple things up... if i want a pokemon from the first gen through all of them.... can i just hack a lv five into the game and use it? like...

i wanna do the ultimate with cubone. can i hack a cubone into the beginning of each game so i start with it?

and one issue with that... what if the pokemon doesnt have any damage dealing attacks at that level? would i be allowed to go ahead and put in a HM attack or a basic scratch or tackle? or just level it like you would a magicarp till it learns its first attack?

sorry for long post, never done a challenge like this and i love my cubones :)
That is what the rule says, so yes, you can. I don't know why you felt the need to ask...

Cubone gets damage dealing attacks early enough, so just use your starter to level him up in Gens II-V.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
well, i just wanted to check. last i looked, i dont think he gets a damage dealing attack till level 7... so you know, you cant level if you cant fight :) lol

whenever possible, add me to the challenger list.

one more question, some ppl have the challenges in their sig(like yours JD) where did you get those?

---------------------
starting a game with leafgreen; using the moemon hack. all it does is make the pokemon look like girls xD
after that, im going to go to soulsilver, then ruby, then diamond.

although i usually prefer the originals, ive never actually played through firered or soulsilver due to having no want for them lol.

wish me luck!

Last edited:

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years
Somebody generous make them and give to the thread owner,that put them in display.But since you have less than 15 posts it wouldn't really matter now.
Anyways sign me up for a ultimate one on Red with Charizard

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
But since you have less than 15 posts it wouldn't really matter now.

15 posts wouldnt take long *shrugs*

the only reason i dont have 15 is cause ive mostly stayed talking in PMs. honestly, i made this account to talk about helping someone with a hack.

and why would that matter... i have a pic in my sig now, i just cant put one in a reply...right? oh well. imma make my own :) -_- woulda already been up to fighting brock with my cubone if my gf didnt call and make me talk to her. xD gotta love those bossy girls huh?
---------------------------------
for those that dont want a wall of text;
-started with squirtle
-hacked cubone in
-powerleveled to 9
-grinded in north viridian
-died from poison (noobmistake)
-grinded in viridian forest, caught pikachu
-beat pewter gym's trainer
-grinded to 17
-beat brock

wall of text :D
Spoiler:

----------------------------------

-beat trainers to east of pewter (lv 19)
-grind to 26, beat both cerulean trainers.
-lost to misty twice
-beat gary (lv 27)
-visited bill (lv 30)
-went to vermillion, skipping misty.
-beat all to snorlax
-beat misty
-beat ss anne
-caught meouth to use cut
-beat surge (lv 37)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

竜の子

Years
Oh so you also like Gastly ^^
Sorry,but my brother actually had an account(don't even remember the username) in which even siggies could only have pics after 15 posts.
But since this is the challenge forums,enough with the technitalk.Will update soon

Currently at Celadon with my 4th badge

D the Charizard 42

Slash
Seismic Toss
Ember
Dig

Last edited:

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
my cubones at 40 but im kinda stuck at dark cave >_<

see, i didnt pick some overpowered one like charizard :P xD

next, if i finish all four with cubone... imma try one of them with mawile for a real challenge.

----------------
and yeah, i like gastly. see, im one of the weird ones that NEVER evolve my pokemon (cept the rare exception, like arcanine) until after i beat the game. :) i prefer the first forms of most pokemon.

i also prefer the unappreciated ones like cubone, mawile, the first forms of all starters ect. nobody uses them! they always evolve at first chance... :) i prefer to keep them as they are and level them that way. which one is more scary, the big dragon that goes down in a couple hints or the cute little guy who bites your face off? :D

竜の子

Years
Psyxe here's a link to a map,it will help you

Will update more soon ^^

Currently at VR.

D Level 60

Slash
Seismic Toss
Flamethrower
Dig

Mew the HMSlave(obtained via Glitch)

Cut
Surf
Strenght

Last edited:

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
*bows* XD i was wanting to do it without the map but... yeah... i dont even know where i am in the cave xD

got it! ill be out in notime i was SOOOO close to the exit xD

made it out of the cave finally.... and as soon as i step foot into lavender town i got chills. i love ghost pokemon :)

RIP gary's raticate. on a lighter note, i L'dMAO when he mentioned he had a cubone.

have four badges now. getting tired of recapping everything i do so... yeah... xD

Last edited:
Years
my cubones at 40 but im kinda stuck at dark cave >_<

see, i didnt pick some overpowered one like charizard :P xD

next, if i finish all four with cubone... imma try one of them with mawile for a real challenge.

----------------
and yeah, i like gastly. see, im one of the weird ones that NEVER evolve my pokemon (cept the rare exception, like arcanine) until after i beat the game. :) i prefer the first forms of most pokemon.

i also prefer the unappreciated ones like cubone, mawile, the first forms of all starters ect. nobody uses them! they always evolve at first chance... :) i prefer to keep them as they are and level them that way. which one is more scary, the big dragon that goes down in a couple hints or the cute little guy who bites your face off? :D

I actually have used Mawile for an USC, and have completed it except for Heart Gold (lost my version after the 14th gym or so). Let me tell you, she is DEFINITELY under-appreciated. And Hyper Cutter is an amazing ability for an in-game physical attacker, makes pretty much everything a OHKO. AND, even with a relatively low special attack, she can use Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt when needed. FAVOURITE solo challenge I ever did.

You want a challenge? I went through with Crobat. Beat that. ;)

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
I actually have used Mawile for an USC, and have completed it except for Heart Gold (lost my version after the 14th gym or so). Let me tell you, she is DEFINITELY under-appreciated. And Hyper Cutter is an amazing ability for an in-game physical attacker, makes pretty much everything a OHKO. AND, even with a relatively low special attack, she can use Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt when needed. FAVOURITE solo challenge I ever did.

You want a challenge? I went through with Crobat. Beat that. ;)

i bow to your epicness :)

ive always liked mawile. my first time playing ruby, my group was mahkuta, mawile, cyndaquil, and whatever i happened to need to outtype the area i was in. once i got pokemon stadium, add jirachi to the list.

im so sick of everyone using legendaries and the huge monstrous pokemon.. some of the smaller ones can outdo them every time.

for instance (wall of text warning)
once i fought one of my friends... cubone, charmander, mawile, jirachi, haunter, and something else (i forgot what i used) vs his entei, charizard, zapdos, mewtwo, and a couple random ones (again forgot)

beat him. no problem at all.... cubone stomped the zapdos in one move :) he flipped when i pulled out mawile calling me so stupid... :D and ate his words.

(update to keep this post relevant)
in rocket headquarters, have the fifth badge. *yawn* i thought this was going to be harder!

i meant fourth xD

Last edited:

竜の子

Years
Actually GenI is so easy.

Beat Red will start Hoeen(Ruby) soon

D the Charizard 73

Fly
Dragonbreath
FlameThrower
Slash

Last edited:

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
well, total base EV stats.... charizard is near the top of the list. :D you got it easier xD

(i dont really think base stats are a fair way of judging, but they are pretty accurate)

got 5 badges and playing around in the safari zone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back