• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps, I remember the merchandise had two '?', if one of them wasn't Mewtwo it's possible this is the second one. Or perhaps they haven't revealed all the number of unknowns...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Perhaps, I remember the merchandise had two '?', if one of them wasn't Mewtwo it's possible this is the second one. Or perhaps they haven't revealed all the number of unknowns...

The two '?' were already revealed to be Mewtwo and Sylveon, so there really isn't any new Pokemon/formes to reveal for the movie. So what might be revealed could be a random new Pokemon for the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Do you guys remember when black and white was just being announced? Yeah, Zoroark was revealed as a silhouette. So maybe this is a Pokemon that plays some big role in the game or future movies. That's what I think. I hope it's a cool looking Pokemon!

Maybe! But Zoroark was also revealed first, and around February too, so really early on. And Sylveon kind of took that role. Maybe we won't get a Zoroark-type-Pokemon this generation :x

WeavileCY

Weavile the Ninja of the Night
Years
I absolutely cannot wait for October this autumn when the new Generation of Pokemon is released!
This new Generation of Pokemon will be great...
But here are a few ideas on how the new games could be fun and enjoyable:

The three starter Pokemon need awesome-looking evolutions;

Fennekin doesn't become a Fire / Fighting type, it would be old and repetitive;

The three starter Pokemon's third evolution's secondary types are Psychic, Dark and Fighting (They counter each other Psychic<Dark<Fighting<Psychic - although Dark is immune to Psychic so this wouldn't be the best idea...);

The legendary mascots aren't Dragon types like the last two generations (Dialga and Palkia didn't LOOK like Dragons...);

We see new pre-evolutions and new evolutions of old Pokemon;

There aren't too many new Pokemon with complicated names and designs (Alomomola anyone?), some new Pokemon with retro designs would be nice;

The new Pokemon aren't based off of food (Vanilluxe) or real-life objects (Garbodor), or if they are, please hope they aren't too silly looking or are powerful and fun to use;

James Turner doesn't design any Pokemon! (I kid of course, I'm sure if he were to design new Pokemon, they would new ecsentric and good, but many hold him responsible for the less well designed Pokemon of Gen 5 - Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Vullaby, Mandibuzz. Although he did design Gollet and Golurk!);

There is a huge post story (New Islands, Pokemon, Battle Frontier, Legendary Pokemon, Puzzles like the Generation 3 Regi's Puzzle, Re-challenge GYM's, Harder Elite 4, World Tornament, Battle Subway etc...)

AND MAYBE

Walk with Pokemon (I know it wans't in the trailer, but it did say "Game footage not final", so you never know. It could be a toggle on/off feature that helps you bond with your Pokemon - help them evolve quicker!);

Have muiltiple regions (It would be nice to visit a full 3D Unova or another past/new region as a post-game challenge)

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY...

NO ZUBAT OR TENTACRUEL (Or there Gen 5/6 equivalent) :D Only Joking ;)

Hope you like my ideas. I did like the Ice-Cream Trio, Trubbish or Garbodor and Vullaby or Mandibuzz, I was just joining in with their mocking as a joke and I think that the starter's don't look good for this new generation. I will be choosing Fennekin however because I love fire types!

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Fennekin doesn't become a Fire / Fighting type;

It needs it to be neutralized by Stealth Rock's damage, but a Ground typing also works.

The three starter Pokemon's third evolution's secondary types are Psychic, Dark and Fighting (They counter each other Psychic<Dark<Fighting<Psychic);

No starter trio is known to have one starter being immune by one of the other starter's secondary types, so it's not gonna happen.

The legendary mascots aren't Dragon types;

None of the mascots look like Dragon types.

The new Pokemon don't have long / complicated names / designs;

Are you by any chance is a lazy fanartist? Just because a Pokemon has a more complex design than the Pokemon in Gen 1 and 2 doesn't mean they're bad; it usually means that the people complaining about the designs don't want to waste "precious" time drawing those designs when they want to draw fanart of those Pokemon.

The new Pokemon aren't based off of food (Vanilluxe) or real-life objects (Garbodor);

Not gonna happen. Also, Cherrim and Magneton say hi.

James Turner doesn't design any Pokemon! (He was responsible for Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Vullaby, Mandibuzz);

Oh yes, let's not allow a guy who brought the idea of Harmoknight to design Pokemon who happen to be decent on their own role.

AND MAYBE
Walk with Pokemon;

The trailer showed that they aren't bringing it back.

Have muiltiple regions...

It's actually not the best idea; just look at Kanto in the Gen 2 games for example. Plus, the level curve...

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY...

NO ZUBAT OR TENTACRUEL :D

Woobat and Frillish's existance will inevitably take their place in future games.

Hope you like my ideas, let me point out that these are MY ideas and MY views. I didn't like the Ice-Cream Tri, Trubbish or Garbodor and Vullaby or Mandibuzz and I think that the starter's don't look good. I will be choosing Fennekin however because I love fire types!

And it is MY idea to criticize your ideas on how they're either flawed or proven wrong base from our current information about XY. I would like to see what kind of food or inanimate object will be turned into a Pokemon this gen.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
d8hbFLI.png

More then one new Eeveelution on its way?

Years

Well, we are due for a new Pokémon reveal on Smash this weekend, so if there is another Eeveelution, that's when they'll reveal it. I really hope there is a second one, just because I love Eeveelutions but I'm not very fond of Sylveon honestly.

But I don't really think that will happen; the new Pokémon will probably just be the Lucario/Zoroark of this gen.

Years
The other sign makes me think Ground...maybe the other eeveelution, if there is one, is going to be a ground eevee (statue which eevee along with a group of ground types may actually mean something...).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well, we are due for a new Pokémon reveal on Smash this weekend, so if there is another Eeveelution, that's when they'll reveal it. I really hope there is a second one, just because I love Eeveelutions but I'm not very fond of Sylveon honestly.

It can't be another Eeveelution, because all the question marks from the movie merchandise have been revealed (Mewtwo and Sylveon).

But I don't really think that will happen; the new Pokémon will probably just be the Lucario/Zoroark of this gen.

Doubt it, Mewtwo stole that spot for the Lucario clone in the Genesect movie, so the new Gen VI Pokemon may not be of importance to the merchandise.

Years
That's true, however as I said earlier it may be that they haven't released their merchandise yet (not sure why they'll not at least give it a ?). Or maybe they didn't plan to include this second eeveelution into the movie but decided to add it so that it'll be alongside it's counterpart. Usually eeveelutions aren't introduced in the anime together...or at least that's been the case with Johto and Sinnoh's that I remember.

Years
d8hbFLI.png

I'm sure that's just a case of them using a color they hadn't used yet for the guy's name, nothing more. I mean, if you're going to assume it means something then why not also look at the smiley face?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Maybe! But Zoroark was also revealed first, and around February too, so really early on. And Sylveon kind of took that role. Maybe we won't get a Zoroark-type-Pokemon this generation :x

I don't think we'll get another one. Zoroark and Lucario were the stars of their movies, but we already know that belongs to Mewtwo and Genesect.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's been two Eeveelutions every time (except the first time, three elemental stones used for those three). I'm going with Eeveelution.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
That said though, what would it be a counterpart of, and where would it fit? I think that's the big question more than anything else right now (at least, to me)?

Well the symbol is orange so at a guess, if it is an eeveelution.....and assuming Sylveon is Flying type. The second new eeveelution could be ground type.

I could see them having it like that. After all both Espeon & Umbrean and Glaceon and Leafeon were sort of like opposites of each other.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Keep in mind that fifth gen introduced no new eeveelutions. So it wasn't exactly "every single time". Third Gen also never introduced any new eeveelutions, so it'd be pretty hard to tell what new eeveelution is really coming our way, if it turns out to be a new one.

That said though, what would it be a counterpart of, and where would it fit? I think that's the big question more than anything else right now (at least, to me)?
Allow me to rephrase that.

"...every single time new Eeveelutions were introduced". Which was twice.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
This may very well be an exception to that. Why would Sylveon be revealed on it's own to star in the movie short if there were two new ones. Why let one hog the spotlight when there could be two. It just dosent really make sense to me. If there were two,I think they'd both be unveiled at the same time and hyped. Unveiling another one now seems highly unusual.

Years
Or it could be Flying, or rock. Ground makes more sense to me color however ground isn't weak against Flying nor is it strong against it (flying being immune to it) while one member of the even post gen 1 eeveelution duos have been strong or weak against the other. If Sylveon is Dragon it still wouldn't make sense...of course they may break this pattern, plus Jolteon has yet to have an eeveelution that's strong against it as only a ground eeveelution can do that.

If Sylveon is still a single it'll make sense as Dragon is weak against well Dragon (and Ice but Glaceon already covers Ice :3 ).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Whatever new type is introduced also has to be Sylveon's counterpart. Meaning that if Sylveon is flying, then maybe it stands to reason that this thing is ground-typed.
I think you're onto something here! The analysis of them being related in some way by type means Flying is a MUST for Sylveon to match with Ground; however, Grass and Ice don't really match with each other, do they? You never know what GF will do.

Cyclone

Years
Whatever new type is introduced also has to be Sylveon's counterpart. Meaning that if Sylveon is flying, then maybe it stands to reason that this thing is ground-typed.
Unless it's Fighting-type, which is just switching the roles and making Sylveon's (presumable) Flying-type the one with the advantage. It would also create the Fighting-Psychic-Dark trio with Espeon and Umbreon. And Fighting-types are represented with a kind of red-orange-brown color depending on the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back