• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Years
blaziken's base stats are lower then charizard, same with blastoise, weaker then suicune

what do you say to these teams?

Team #1:
Charizard
Mewtwo
Metagross
Suicune
Gengar
Zapdos

Team #2:
Blastoise
Moltres
Dragonite
Machamp
Golem

and an articuno or jolteon?

Sirfetch’d

blaziken's base stats are lower then charizard, same with blastoise, weaker then suicune

what do you say to these teams?

Team #1:
Charizard
Mewtwo
Metagross
Suicune
Gengar
Zapdos

Team #2:
Blastoise
Moltres
Dragonite
Machamp
Golem

and an articuno or jolteon?

Blaziken is better than Charizard all around. It does not have that crippling weakness to Rock. The movepoll is also surperior to that of Charizard. You have good options listed, but I would go with:
1. Blaziken
2. Mewtwo
3. Dragonite
4 Metagross
5. Jolteon
6. Blastiose.
This is a balanced team. You don't need Machamp because of Blaziken and I also highly recommend avoiding Golem due to poor speed and double weaknesses to common Grass and Water types. Metagross is powerful as is mewtwo and will be reliable on any team. Dragonite will be a good force, however due to Leafgreen being before the Physical/Special divide a Dragonite becomes harder to train and develop a good movepool, IMO. Jolteon is not super powerful, but will outspeed most anything and can get you out of a tight situation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Good team until you meet with bulky little Volcarona who's gonna sweep you with Bug Buzz. Or any Dark type.
Seriously, you are overusing Psychic types and without proper cover for them, you will be sweeped instantly with their weaknesses.

Unless they're using an in-game monotype of legendaries, I guess.

Either way I'll make a few comments, firstly based on the issue mentioned above, but then another issue that may come your way. Firstly, redwolf424, I'd aim for psychic types that aren't really legendaries. I know this'll destroy your pattern but if you want to keep up the monotype, there's a few good psychic types you can otherwise use that'll help you with the aforementioned issue (or you can use Lugia or Latias/Latios - Latias to take hits and Latios to deal great damage, but that might not be of the greatest thing to use against Volcarona and other bug types. However, if Volcarona is Taunted - because Alder's Volcarona uses Quiver Dance, then Latios can come in on it and use Draco Meteor without it taking a lot more damage than it could). I'm assuming that this is probably for the Elite Four in B/W, though, so ya. Heatproof Bronzong could be good and could set up Light Screen so Latios could sweep and so on). But outside of legendaries, there's also Lunatone and Solrock, which can use their rock attacks to hurt the opponents due to getting a boost for it being the same typing. However, in general you also have an issue to dark types, and while Volcarona is a B/W-specific thing (again, assuming it's within Unova because you're using Victini) dark types in-game unfortunately aren't and are an issue for you in both. For that issue I'd use Gallade - which has the wonderful hidden ability of Justified, giving you a boost for every dark attack hitting you, whereas you'd have to rely on Jirachi, where Krookodile could pose a threat to you there anyway due to Earthquake. ;(

But tbh I'd not really use a psychic legendary monotype, especially not in Unova games where dark types appear a bit in the games.

Years
i gotta keep my charizard, it's lvl 86, my strongest one
but it's all the same, cus, when i buy my gameboy sp, i'm gonna have to start over
unless there's a way to continue from my emulator :/

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Heres the deal guys, my save file got corrupted so i have to start over, I'll have me Team updated in about 5 mins

Years
You want different stuff this time?

Staryu/Starmie has a good movepool with great special attack
Walrein is good for the elite four and is one of the best ice-types in emerald
Huntail/Goreybass are fairly good for Water types not as good at Starmie but better than Walrein or Ludicolo. But then again you already have Mudkip.

I'd get rid of lotad for a vileplume/bellossom or breloom since they have better moves/stats.
Shiftry has equal stats but can learn a wider variety of moves (if you use any of my water suggestions Ludicolo is irrelevant).

Torkaol is probably the best available fire-type. Camerupt or ninetales will do the job though.

Manectric is the best electric type in emerald. Don't bother with anything else.

Flygon has high stats and a great move-pool and whilst weaker than Salamence is easier available. Altaria is also reasonable and makes for a good flying type due to its awesome movepool. Plus it has a good typing.

The ghosts available suck. Sableye does have no type weaknesses though.

Gardevoir and Starmie are the best psychics.

A fighting type or a pokemon with fighting moves is essential.

That's all I have for you atm.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
I think that i'll change it to this now its a rough draft of my final team you could say,
Swampert
Torkoal
Bellossom
Flygon
Starmie
Manactric

Any more suggestions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
Help!!! DS Pokemon

hey who can help me to edit attacks or moves in pokemon diamond, pearl or HeartGold, power and change them any special or physical change, power...

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Best Electric to use in B2. Right now I have a Magnezone. Need a new one to EV train, but if there is a better one I am open for it.

Who has had success with a Drapion

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Best Electric to use in B2. Right now I have a Magnezone. Need a new one to EV train, but if there is a better one I am open for it.
I'm always for Eelektross. He has no weakness and it's pretty bulky and can take many hits ;)
And his attacking stats also aren't shabby at all.
Magnezone is annoying with Sturdy but it's almost always on 1HP after getting EQ from almost anything...

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
hi guys, I would like to know how to edit pokemons attacks by ej: change your power, physical and special precision with etc, for Pokemon DS
(platinum, Hearth Gol, etc ... please help!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
hi guys, I would like to know how to edit pokemons attacks by ej: change your power, physical and special precision with etc, for Pokemon DS
(platinum, Hearth Gol, etc ... please help!

Hi lovogera, could you clarify what do you mean about changing power, physical and special precisions please? I don't really understand what you are trying to say. :/

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
So this is my team in White2.Any suggestion in improving their movesets?

Emboar
-BrickBreak
-Wild Charge
-Flamethrower
-Scald

Zoroark
-Shadow Ball
-Dig
-Night Daze
-Foul Play

Golduck
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Zen Headbutt
-Surf

Galvantula
-Bug Buzz
-Discharge
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt

Haxorus
-Dragon Pulse
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Outrage

Golurk
-Hammer Arm
-Fly
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake

Synerjee

Years
So this is my team in White2.Any suggestion in improving their movesets?

Spoiler:

Your team is great, but your move sets might need a few changes (in my opinion).

Emboar looks good.

Zoroark needs a solution to counter Fighting & Bug-types that can easily KO it. Aerial Ace seems like the best choice.

Golduck could learn Dig to counter pesky Electric-types. Perhaps replace one of your water moves - I recommend Hydro Pump to be deleted - low accuracy isn't cool.

Galvantula looks good, but you could try to remove one of its Electric attacks and give it something that gives it more coverage.

Replace Haxorus' Strength with Brick Break/physical Fire attack to counter Steel-types. Since Haxorus is a physical attacker, Dragon Pulse won't cut it. Replace it with Dragon Claw.

Golurk needs a Ghost-type attack to counter Ghost-types as well as for STAB. Other than that, I think it's fine.

If there's anything else, feel free to ask me/anyone. :)

Last edited:

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Your team is great, but your move sets might need a few changes (in my opinion).

Zoroark needs a solution to counter Fighting & Bug-types that can easily KO it. Aerial Ace seems like the best choice.

If there's anything else, feel free to ask me/anyone. :)
While this might work, Zoroark is more of a Special attacker than physical, and Fighting-types have pretty decent physical defenses. Instead of Foul Play, Flamethrower might be a better option to cover Bug/Grass/Ice/Steel. In place of Dig... Iono, Nasty Plot for damage.. I honestly can't see any Zoroark trying to fight Fighting-types.

Synerjee

Years
While this might work, Zoroark is more of a Special attacker than physical, and Fighting-types have pretty decent physical defenses. Instead of Foul Play, Flamethrower might be a better option to cover Bug/Grass/Ice/Steel. In place of Dig... Iono, Nasty Plot for damage.. I honestly can't see any Zoroark trying to fight Fighting-types.

You've got a point there. It's up to glitchguy, of course, if he wants to use Aerial Ace or not. In my opinion, the more type coverage, the better. And Zoroark might not be facing Fighting-type opponents, but it's just a precaution. Better prepared then unprepared.

Back