• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Eccentric Emerald

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Just noticed this, but Kadabra does NOT evolve from happiness. Mine is currently at max happiness and isn't budging, I even tried to test with rare candies up to level 100 and nothing.

Sorry Shayded, I've been out for few days. As of the current release, Kadabra should evolve much like Haunter, Machoke, and Graveler and rely on using a "Link Cable" item found either in New Mauville or Rustboro's Devon Corporation. Try that out.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Emerald's default sprites sucks imo. The hack could use a new set of sprites to be honest - preferably 4th gen ones, as the features of eccentric emerald is superior than other '386' emerald hacks.

Cruztown, what's the progress of the hack? (your latest improvements on the hack I mean)
Hey there Eric, currrently the hack has be updated to have the listed Phy/Spec split, the majority of 386 available with altered movesets and stats(the curently released patch 1.4 does not contain the first Fossils, Legendary Birds, Beasts, Mewtwo, Unown, Celebi, Jirachi, or the event tickets required to reach legendaries on the islands, as well as the two un-chosen Hoenn Starters), evolution methods have been added to make use of new items as a way of circumventing trading requirements, Gym leaders hand out 3(might be more, its been a while since I looked) copies of their TM, relocation of the Good and Super Rod for earlier fishing fun, additional battle item hand outs such as the Choice Band and Bright Powder, and the revamping of the majority of non-frontier trainer teams.

Currently, I have a working script that accommodates the Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket, and Mystic Ticket required for in-game events. I also found an ability error with Tyranitar, so I quick-fixed that, and am considering the changing of Shadow Tag on Sableye, given how annoying it was to proceed through both Sky Pillar and Victory Road with it.

Aside from that, I may add new maps to include the remaining legends, and perhaps fossil handouts. Before I begin to consider graphical changes, these will occur.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Hey everyone, just a quick patch while I have a few spare moments. Nothing too noticeable, just the inclusion of the 4 Event Tickets, and a fix to Tyranitar to get it to properly have Battle Armor as its 2nd Ability, among other things! Enjoy!

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Hey there Eric, currrently the hack has be updated to have the listed Phy/Spec split, the majority of 386 available with altered movesets and stats(the curently released patch 1.4 does not contain the first Fossils, Legendary Birds, Beasts, Mewtwo, Unown, Celebi, Jirachi, or the event tickets required to reach legendaries on the islands, as well as the two un-chosen Hoenn Starters), evolution methods have been added to make use of new items as a way of circumventing trading requirements, Gym leaders hand out 3(might be more, its been a while since I looked) copies of their TM, relocation of the Good and Super Rod for earlier fishing fun, additional battle item hand outs such as the Choice Band and Bright Powder, and the revamping of the majority of non-frontier trainer teams.

Currently, I have a working script that accommodates the Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket, and Mystic Ticket required for in-game events. I also found an ability error with Tyranitar, so I quick-fixed that, and am considering the changing of Shadow Tag on Sableye, given how annoying it was to proceed through both Sky Pillar and Victory Road with it.

Aside from that, I may add new maps to include the remaining legends, and perhaps fossil handouts. Before I begin to consider graphical changes, these will occur.

Sweet! will new moves be added to bolster the physical/special split?

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Sweet! will new moves be added to bolster the physical/special split?
If I do end up adding newer moves, it probably won't occur for quite some time, seeing as I have no clue how to currently, and I still need to figure out other things such as maps for Jirachi, Celebi, Mewtwo, and the birds/beasts. Not a no, but probably not a yes for a long time to come.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
If I do end up adding newer moves, it probably won't occur for quite some time, seeing as I have no clue how to currently, and I still need to figure out other things such as maps for Jirachi, Celebi, Mewtwo, and the birds/beasts. Not a no, but probably not a yes for a long time to come.
If you do add new moves, you should add Aqua Tail, Emergy Ball, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Bug Buzz, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, and Earth Power.

Last edited:

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
If you do add new moves, you should add Aqua Tail, Emergy Ball, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Bug Buzz, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, and Earth Power.

I'll consider it when I reach that point.

TXV

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
hi there. been thinking of playing emerald again so gonna try this out. looks good.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 21, 2014
Why did you buff bubble to 40 power but leave water gun at 40 power? It makes some pokemon like poliwag that start with bubble then get water gun at 13 particularly lackluster.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I spent time altering moves to match their recent equivalents in Gen VI. Bubble was part of the moves affected by this, while Water Gun was not. If its an annoyance, I'll look at swapping around movesets that have issues like Poliwag, where they learn moves that are equal in Power, Type, and Effect.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hi, I'm new in the PokeCommunity, your hack is awesome.

I'll just say some of things:
1. It's completely playable online, so you can match with your friends (I do it via My Boy! for Android, both players have to use the same patched rom)
2. The old ladies house move tutor that lives in Battle Frontier is bugged. (When you go in there, the screen turns black and you have to reset to your last saved point).
Spoiler:

I hope this helps for your future updates, thanks and good job! :)

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
2. The old ladies house move tutor that lives in Battle Frontier is bugged. (When you go in there, the screen turns black and you have to reset to your last saved point).

What emulator is this on? Still using My Boy! with it? I can't seem to bring up this error on VBA.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Hey I just finished speed running through this and I love it, Emerald is my favorite ROM to hack but I never have time to do a full hack on my own and my projects always fall through in the Alpha stage. If you are ever in need of some help I am decent with map and tile editing and picking up scripting pretty quickly. So far I have hacked Eccentric Emerald to implement Shinyzer (my custom script is a tile that when activated makes the next wild battle 1:9 chance of being shiny), I looked into Day and Night system but it claims its already in the ROM (Is this true? I have not seen it work if it is in this hack), and I started adding HG/SS sprites and overworlds for legendary pokemon so new events can be added. If you want the help or collaboration just let me know since my free time is opening up here very soon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I found a bug where the second rooms of the Ancient Tomb and Island Cave are unescapable unless I have an escape rope or a pokemon in my party with dig.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I found a bug where the second rooms of the Ancient Tomb and Island Cave are unescapable unless I have an escape rope or a pokemon in my party with dig.

Inescapable how? Does the warp cause freezing or does it not function what-so-ever? I'll look into this. Is are the Desert Ruins the same way? It probably has to do with me altering the tiles a while back.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Inescapable how? Does the warp cause freezing or does it not function what-so-ever? I'll look into this. Is are the Desert Ruins the same way? It probably has to do with me altering the tiles a while back.

I can go in the second rooms where the Regis are, but I am like stuck inside the rooms and can't walk back out the door to the puzzle rooms. The Desert Ruins are escapable.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
Ive been searching for charmander on route 112 as the word doc suggested on bothe the base of mt mortar and the exist of the fiery path but i still cant't find it. Also meteor falls cave has a bugged waterfall at the top that leads to nowhere and makes your character stuck

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Ive been searching for charmander on route 112 as the word doc suggested on bothe the base of mt mortar and the exist of the fiery path but i still cant't find it. Also meteor falls cave has a bugged waterfall at the top that leads to nowhere and makes your character stuck

Charmander is at the end of this hidden gap that you can only get on with an acro bike. The gap is to the east of the threshold that goes to the cable car and the entrance of Fiery Path.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 11, 2015
Since you changed the contest stats pages to have contest stats stand for whether an attack is physical, special, or status, does this mean that Pokemon can only participate in cool, beauty, and smart contests?

Back