• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nintendo 2DS

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
I carry my 3DS XL in my backpack, which I carry with me everywhere except fancy dinners and dates. I have a lot of stuff in my backpack that can scratch screens and my old DS's casing is pretty scratched up (I honestly don't care though, as long as the system still works I could give a rat's arse about a few scratches on the paint) but the 2DS is too much of a risk for someone like me to be able to drop into their bag and go.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I haven't purchased it because I already own a 2DS but I think it is a better product than everyone is giving it credit for. I think that the 2DS would be ideal for gamers that one want to play one specific game such as Pokemon or Mario Kart, or gamers that don't play game much. Tbh if I already didn't have the 3DS, I would consider purchasing the 2DS just because it is cheaper.

Yoshi119

Abbeon
Years
I think is was a smart move. I'm not getting one, but it was a good idea since so many people aren't bothered with the 3D. Means they can play Pokémon for cheaper :D And other awesome 3DS games.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
The only benefit I see from this is the reduced price. If people don't like the 3D option, you know there's a way to turn it off right?

But yeah, I guess it's fine since it's cheaper. To be honest, if the 2DS had the hinge close/open feature like the 3DS, I'd rather buy this one. 3D setting bugs my eyes most of the time anyway.

Oh, and also. Why the hell did Nintendo decide to make this instead of just marketing an official capture card for all the DS series? They'd make more out of those considering people are already buying the damn card for $250-500$ which is almost a budget pc rig at full price, jesus.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
You can't carry the 2DS in your pocket? Honestly, I have never met anyone who carries a expensive handheld system in their tiny pockets, aside from kids between 9 and 12 and below, which the 2DS is made for.
No 3DS effect? Wow, how did you figure that one out?
You can't fold it? That was the whole point, 2DS is supposed to be sturdy for young audience, not to be breakable which has happened a lot.

It's a solid system for the younger audience for obvious reasons, the older audience already got the 3DS and the XL, so why bother with the younger audience? Sure, discussions are fine but some people here act like the 2DS is made for everyone, which is not.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's a solid system for the younger audience for obvious reasons, the older audience already got the 3DS and the XL, so why bother with the younger audience? Sure, discussions are fine but some people here act like the 2DS is made for everyone, which is not.
It might be directed more on younger audience but it's still for everyone because some older fans do not own 3DS or XL so the possibility of reduced price might attract them ;)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Best DS console I've ever owned, koffi~

I love the 2DS. It's sturdier than my friends 3DS and 3DSXLs. Doesn't bend, and it's a nice chunk of sexy violence. Harks back to the non-closing systems.

1. I can fit it in my back pocket
2. the buttons don't come with that annoying clicky-clacky
3. nice and sleek color design
4. comfortable grip. I have not had hand cramps yet.
5. 3D? Pssh. Who cares?

Great system for those big people out there, koff~

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Best DS console I've ever owned, koffi~

I love the 2DS. It's sturdier than my friends 3DS and 3DSXLs. Doesn't bend, and it's a nice chunk of sexy violence. Harks back to the non-closing systems.

Wait... You mean I could use it as a murder weapon? {XD}

What about the screens scratching?

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
But the thing is, it's not a 'DS Console'.

That's like saying the WiiU isn't a Wii console..

It's a DS handheld console. DS stands for Dual Screen, no? If the 2DS has 2 screens then it's still a DS Console no matter what way you try to look at it.

Back