• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon Crono - English Beta 2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
You should update the screenshots on the first page. Some of them are old and have changed. Btw, good game and I can't wait for the next beta.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
It's not because of colored text but because of your way of translating... not respecting the length of text strings to be exact -.-
If you expand it, it might affect the other scripts.

Sometimes, you just have to do it the hard way.
Err... correct me if you wish, but it's
not the way I translate is the problem, colored text
makes it harder to edit, because before I text edit the
Rom, I first look at the scripts, and in Beta 2, 50% of the
scripts are cut off 'cause of colored text.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Sometimes, you just have to do it the hard way.
Err... correct me if you wish, but it's
not the way I translate is the problem, colored text
makes it harder to edit, because before I text edit the
Rom, I first look at the scripts, and in Beta 2, 50% of the
scripts are cut off 'cause of colored text.
Just a tip: use XSE. It'll be much easier for you.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
i have done it and white screen again

Did you follow the steps? They're important, ya know.

Just a tip: use XSE. It'll be much easier for you.

Woah! Do you think I would use any other Scripting
Tool other than XSE?

XSE's the best, ya know.
Other Scripting Tools are crap.

I'm talking about the colors of the text
that makes most scripts cut off,
and that's a really major problem.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Woah! Do you think I would use any other Scripting
Tool other than XSE?

XSE's the best, ya know.
Other Scripting Tools are crap.

I'm talking about the colors of the text
that makes most scripts cut off,
and that's a really major problem.[/QUOTE]
yeah man...
I have understood what you want to say...
but, as you know, the colors in the texts of my scripts, are for understanding who speak..
I know that for you it's a problem, but I need to use this style of scripting..
but no worry, because if you will have some problems with the translation, I can help you ;)

Now, about to the usual problem of the White screen...
I have found, on youtube, a fantastic video that will be of great help.
the creator of this video is Yardizel ^^
(thanks for the unexpected help)

HOW TO SOLVE THE WHITE SCREEN PROBLEM
-video removed for linking roms-

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
thanks man ^^
no...there isn't a link with the name of my hack "Crono" and CHRONO TRIGGER...
I've chosen this name only for the link with the time ^^
=========================================

UPDATES!!!
After a long time without updates, I'm back to show you some new screens about the new version of crono..
2csjdpv.png

The 2009 is ended...
so..thanks to all of the WAH's community, that had voted crono as Hack of the year of wah ^^

09012009broncecrono.png

For now it's all!!
soon new updates!!

I know I'm going back a bit here, but nice updates Dante.
I think the title screen is pretty astounding, but there are just a few things I think you could work on with it. The text at the bottom would look better centered, and the pokemon text would look better if not covering Moltres (if possible).
Onto your tiles, there's a slight clash of styles between your tiles and the standard R/S/E indoor ones. I must say that I liked the ones you had previous to these. But whether or not they are still in the game, I don't know.
As for everything else, it does look really really well. I think you've tidied up your ROM base from when you first released Crono and it's starting to lok a lot more professional. The palettes for the greenery are perfect and really have some nice shades. The water tiles also look fantastic though they could do with something else.. Like a few tiles to decorate the seafloor such as sea shells or rocks. But that's not a major thing really.
A question about the seagulls, I've seen a few of them floating about in the screenshots, do youplan on having some "roaming" OW's in some of the towns and routes?
All in all, the "new version" of Corno is looking quite impressive, though it would be nice to see some scripts also.
I look forward to your next update.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Having played through English Beta 2, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The story is intriguing, but the thing I liked the most was how different it felt. There's a real different feel to this game then a lot of other hacks, and I think it stands out well.

I do have a couple of things to say. The first is that there's a fair amount of grammar and spelling errors. I understand it's a translation, but there are some places where the grammar is a bit wonky. Hopefully that will be improved in the future.

The other thing is in Scarlett Town. I don't know if this is because I did things in the wrong order or what, but I just walked right into the Gym and Dante (who I was meeting for the first time) and Brenda started talking about what I had done in the mines, despite having never gone in there. I literally just arrived in the town, walked in there, and then was ready to leave. I'm guessing I missed something, but it seems like that area isn't scripted 100% properly.

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
Good job on the beta, it was fun.

My suggestion: Try to put less trees in the areas because some places are really bunched up with them.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The first is that there's a fair amount of grammar and spelling errors. I understand it's a translation, but there are some places where the grammar is a bit wonky. Hopefully that will be improved in the future.
Please tell us which have you in mind.
SP did the grammar check at least 5 times and when he released the translated version he did not find any more mistakes.

The other thing is in Scarlett Town. I don't know if this is because I did things in the wrong order or what, but I just walked right into the Gym and Dante (who I was meeting for the first time) and Brenda started talking about what I had done in the mines, despite having never gone in there. I literally just arrived in the town, walked in there, and then was ready to leave. I'm guessing I missed something, but it seems like that area isn't scripted 100% properly.
You just didn't do all things in right order.

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
There's a alot of weird things that happen, like when the old dude sends you to get the goods from Lance, when you go to Lance and get the goods, the professor is in that same town standing behind Lance.. (Or is it suppose to be like that?)

And when the red gyarados comes out (Team rocket calls it, then you have to fight that team rocket girl and have to go back to town- But instead if you don't go back to the town, and go to where gyarados was standing and speak to the lava, the team rocket girl will pop out and battle you again.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Even if he didn't, it seems rather unprofessional to have the script working like that, so it'll display text after an event should have happened before the event took place.

@Dante, your new titlescreen looks amazing. It's hard to believe you got that in 16/32 colours.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Please tell us which have you in mind.
SP did the grammar check at least 5 times and when he released the translated version he did not find any more mistakes.

I can't remember specific instances off the top of my head. It was mostly places where a word was missing or the sentence structure was a bit off. Nothing egregious, but I would recommend checking again before the next release (sometimes having a different pair of eyes is helpful, as it's often the case as someone who wrote lines themselves may subconsciously correct sentences as they read them and not notice errors).

Yes, hence the problem. I'm pointing that out as it should be set up so that I can't do that.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Dude, if you REALLY found some Grammar Mistakes, POST
screenshots! I don't know what are you're talking about.

Also, I highly doubt that there are LOTS of Grammar Mistakes.
There's only a few. I checked the Rom LOADS of times!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Dude, if you REALLY found some Grammar Mistakes, POST
screenshots! I don't know what are you're talking about.

Also, I highly doubt that there are LOTS of Grammar Mistakes.
There's only a few. I checked the Rom LOADS of times!

Okay, I just went through and played through the beginning sections again. Here's what I found.

Intro:

"In this region you will owe to watch out": This doesn't make sense. It's clunky and an improper use of the word owe. It should say "In this region you should watch out"

"the dream to the reality" should be "dream from reality".

"the light to the dark" should be "the light from the dark"

"the good to the evil" should be "the good from the evil"

"A secret that goes at the edge of the world" also doesn't make much sense. Replace 'goes' with 'resides' and it would make more sense.

"During the night you start to sweat": There should be a comma between 'night' and 'you'

"You are awaken": I'm not sure what this is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be "awoken"? Either way, it needs to be fixed.

Dream:
"You made me waiting": Improper verb tense. It should be 'wait'.

"It must be only a dream": It should be "It must only be a dream"

"Damn answer me!": These are two separate thoughts. It should be "Damn! Answer me!"

"What the? It's shaking?": "What the" isn't a sentence. Using an ellipse instead of a question mark after it would make more sense

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Wrong, dude. The introduction isn't trying to say what you're posting.
Most of the sentences are correct.

AND I SAID POST IMAGES! IS IT REALLY THAT HARD???
YOU HAVE 15 POSTS, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT.

I admit that "awaken" is wrong though. The rest of them are correct.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Wrong, dude. The introduction isn't trying to say what you're posting.
Most of the sentences are correct.

AND I SAID POST IMAGES! IS IT REALLY THAT HARD???
YOU HAVE 15 POSTS, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT.

I admit that "awaken" is wrong though. The rest of them are correct.

Don't be rude. KuwabaraTheMan is just trying to help. It wouldn't really make a difference if he posted images anyway.

And you should admit that those sentences are wrong. If you want to keep them like that because you wrote them and think they're correct, it'll just make Pokémon Crono look bad.

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
Okay, so I sent you a message, including the screenshots, SP. They're only for the mistakes in the Intro/Dream that I found. For some reason, whenever I posted the image code and previewed the post, it made it about 50 by 50 pixels. Stupid, right? :laugh:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Looks good~ in English too
Just too bad I can't play it as game freezes in beginning movie when grass appears.
If I press Start to skip, screen turns black. T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back