• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't watch the japanese anime so I can't argue that lol, i just know that the Unnova League is coming up.

It doesn't necessarily mean that their going to Kanto because
Spoiler:
they can really go to any region, although Kanto is more likely but still, IF remakes are indeed next they can very well set something up in Hoenn, since it doesnt have an evil team anymore

No Team Rocket returned to Kanto. There isn't any "bad guys" in the Anime anymore for the remainder of the season and the normal bad guys we grew up to are back in Kanto now. Since they are main protagonists, the anime would have to follow them as well or make a reason as to why they appear in a different region.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I know I'm going against the popular opinion here, but I don't think RSE remakes are necessary. Here is why:

Remember how Gen 3 was incompatible with Gen 1 and 2? Well, when you think about it, this incompatibility broke the five Pokémon generations into two isolated ecosystems (that's how I call them, feel free to coin a better term ;) ):
  • The first one: Red/Blue/Yellow <-> Gold/Silver/Crystal
  • The second (current) one: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen -> Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver -> Black/White/Black 2/White 2

According to the official statements made back then, the main reason for releasing FireRed and LeafGreen was that incompatibility. By releasing these games, Gen 1 was recreated as part of the current ecosystem. A few years later, HeartGold and SoulSilver did the same to Gen 2. Thus, all generations are now available in versions that are compatible with the most recent releases (Gen 3 being compatible by proxy, through Gen 4), and there is no need for continuing the remakes anymore.

One more thing: ever since the reboot between Gen 2 and Gen 3, every new game was either an alternate version of, contemporaneous with or a sequel to the game that came immediately before. In this context, I can hardly imagine them releasing a RSE remake (which would be a prequel, taking place a decade prior to the last games, Black 2 and White 2) and think that if they ever use Hoenn again, it would more likely be for a sequel (I wouldn't mind a new adventure in Hoenn... or better yet, in a whole new region with Hoenn available in post-game) .

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
While you are right that in the current moment they can be transferred to D/P/P and then to B/W/2, but this wont be the case in the future when they move to the 3DS as the 3DS eliminates the use of a GBA slot which means the games will be 100% incompatible with their current handheld console and games.

However it still doesn't mean we will get a remake, as they could just add in Hoenn post-game like you said... however, I'm sure Nintendo would do a full on remake or a sequel since it just means more money for them.

blue

gucci
Years
There are reasons to hinder a remake but then there are also reasons to support a remake..

The battery in the RSE cartridges can run dry which makes all time based events (Berries, Mirage Island etc) unavailable to access. There are still multiple Pokemon even after the release of B2W2 that aren't catchable from the Hoenn region. The graphics could be classed as outdated which isn't the case for the other four regions since they have some cameo on the DS.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Surely if these hypothetical games are gonna show up anytime soon, they would have been working on them for some time now.

So why did they insist putting the golems and the Latis into BW2 where they seem out of place if they were to star in their proper games right after these?

Its not a 100% conclusive point, but thought Id bring it up anyway :B

jupiter1

[]
Years
Just to bring this up, there's an uncanny number of Hoenn music in BW(2).
One of the covers for the BW2 OST even features Rayquaza (vgmdb.net/db/assets/covers-medium/33367-1343711363.jpg)
And you can check the tracklist for yourself in the VGMdb (vgmdb.net/album/33367)
I don't get why such a trivial track (yes, it's only 4 seconds) like "Entry Call" would be even on BW2 OST, which happens to be from Emerald.
So, maybe the rather unusual number of tracks just for Hoenn points to a remake.

And it's fitting that RSE does get released for 3DS sometime, the question is when. I know there's some debate for whether the DS(i) is dead or not, but in retrospect to the GB and GBA it is inevitably destined to be discontinued (for example, the DS Lite is discontinued for some time now.)
I do know that just because some game has a lot of tracks attributed to it, doesn't mean that the game will be remade. Just wanted to point it out.

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
From what I heard B/W 2 was supposed to be the last (Main series) game on the DS.
So, if they do remake it It'll probably be on the 3DS. Meaning they have the possibly to make much better graphics. Maybe well see battle scenes in it like in Pokemon stadium?
So has Nintendo/Game Freak, said anything on this matter at all?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Just to bring this up, there's an uncanny number of Hoenn music in BW(2).
One of the covers for the BW2 OST even features Rayquaza (vgmdb.net/db/assets/covers-medium/33367-1343711363.jpg)
And you can check the tracklist for yourself in the VGMdb (vgmdb.net/album/33367)
I don't get why such a trivial track (yes, it's only 4 seconds) like "Entry Call" would be even on BW2 OST, which happens to be from Emerald.
The B2W2 OST contains tracks from Emerald and Platinum which were not included on the Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl OSTs. That was confirmed from the pre-release information.
So has Nintendo/Game Freak, said anything on this matter at all?

All we really have is a Tweet by Masuda saying to @RSremake that Ruby and Sapphire are very important to him.

blue

gucci
Years
You could say because The Golems and Latis are in B2W2 that remakes are no longer necessary since the vast majority of Hoenn Legendaries are available to date. However they were included in HGSS & Platinum, in FRLG they included the three legendary dogs and Ho-Oh & Lugia iirc. Jirachi and Deoxys are still unavailable in the later games, there have been no in-game events for those two in DPPT, HGSS, BW or B2W2 as far as I'm aware of.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
You could say because The Golems and Latis are in B2W2 that remakes are no longer necessary since the vast majority of Hoenn Legendaries are available to date. However they were included in HGSS & Platinum, in FRLG they included the three legendary dogs and Ho-Oh & Lugia iirc. Jirachi and Deoxys are still unavailable in the later games, there have been no in-game events for those two in DPPT, HGSS, BW or B2W2 as far as I'm aware of.

This. Lugia & Ho-Oh were available in both FRLG and Emerald, so the Latis & Golems being in B2W2 is not a big deal especially since they also could have put them in because B2W2 were the last main games on the DS and people needed a way to obtain them on the DS system before they move to the 3DS.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Lugia and Ho-oh needed Event items to get them so no they weren't in the games conventionally unlike the Golems and the Latis who are just in the game without needing to download an item outside of the game to unlock their events in the game.

Way to obtain are completely different. Not everyone can get Lugia/Ho-oh in FR/LG/E so them being readily catchable in their own games it merited. You don't need to go out of your way to download event items to complete the Gen 3 Legend between Gens 4 and 5 as the items you need are available through the normal game.

Jiranchi and Deoxys are Download Events only, they won't get in-game events. Event Legends, Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Manaphi, Shaymin, and Arceus are only released through events. They haven't ever been released through normal game play in a main game. You always have to download either an item of the Pokemon specifically. So baring Events which are not available to everyone, you can only count those that are just in the game.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Can we agree on the fact that the need for a RS remakes is the same for a Gen 6 game.
There's really no need for a gen 6 game , but we are gonna get it because the fans want it and GF can make it. I think the same can be said for the remakes. In the end I don't think game freak even considers the reasons that are given on this thread to decide Whether or not we get a remake . If the fans want it and if its marketable we are gonna get it. I think we are gonna get it for gen 5 . Even tho I agree it would be amazing on the 3ds and that there are really good arguments for putting it on the 3ds I believe it's gonna be on the DS . Lets face it eventually the 3ds will be obsolete , and by the time hoen needs to be remade again its not really gonna matter if these remakes were on the DS or the 3ds. It's like arguing about if a game should of come out on the game boy or the gameboy advance . 2012 makes that argument irrelevant , just as in 7-10 years whether we got the gen 3 remakes on the DS or 3ds will be irrelevant .

So what I'm saying is , if we get the remakes its because GF wants to release them not because of lack of pokemon or how hard it is to get certain pokemon

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
And it's fitting that RSE does get released for 3DS sometime, the question is when. I know there's some debate for whether the DS(i) is dead or not, but in retrospect to the GB and GBA it is inevitably destined to be discontinued (for example, the DS Lite is discontinued for some time now.)

Even though Nintendo has discontinued support for its Game Boy Advance console for the most part, couldn't the Nintendo 3DS still remain compatible with the Pokémon games released for it through its backwards compatibility with the Nintendo DS family of systems? The Nintendo 3DS can, after all, still act as a Nintendo DS Download Play server. Why couldn't Nintendo issue a Nintendo DS Download Play app that could allow the NIntendo DS or DS Lite to broadcast data from its Nintendo DS Dual Link functionality to the NIntendo 3DS?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Even tho I agree it would be amazing on the 3ds and that there are really good arguments for putting it on the 3ds I believe it's gonna be on the DS .

How can you possibly believe that?

Do you understand that the 3DS is not just a new gimmicky DS?

It makes absolutely no sense not to do whatever is next on 3DS, Nintendos current handheld for almost 2 years, thats not even taking into account how long after announcement till the games would be released, let alone localized.

There is simply no way Gamefreak makes another DS game.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
How can you possibly believe that?

Do you understand that the 3DS is not just a new gimmicky DS?

It makes absolutely no sense not to do whatever is next on 3DS, Nintendos current handheld for almost 2 years, thats not even taking into account how long after announcement till the games would be released, let alone localized.

There is simply no way Gamefreak makes another DS game.

I went out and bought it first day of release so yea I'm aware of what it is. I think you missed my point.
If the remakes are in gen 5 I'm betting it will be on the DS

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Game Freak did keep B2W2 on the DS in order to keep the audience as broad as possible. Still, as more and more people purchase the 3DS and its larger counterpart, the need to keep Pokemon on the DS decreases. Also, the 3DS cartridges have a substantial amount of extra storage space, so the difference between DS and 3DS is actually quite important. While it's still a bit too early to say, with all the movies being thrown at us in rather rushed fashions, it seems as though gen 5 is, for the most part, over. The next games/potential RS remakes could still be on the DS, but Game Freak would be missing a major opportunity to do some interesting things to the franchise if they don't move to the 3DS. A RS remake could realize a much bigger potential if done on the 3DS (and it does not have to deal with 3D graphics!).

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Game Freak did keep B2W2 on the DS in order to keep the audience as broad as possible. Still, as more and more people purchase the 3DS and its larger counterpart, the need to keep Pokemon on the DS decreases. Also, the 3DS cartridges have a substantial amount of extra storage space, so the difference between DS and 3DS is actually quite important. While it's still a bit too early to say, with all the movies being thrown at us in rather rushed fashions, it seems as though gen 5 is, for the most part, over. The next games/potential RS remakes could still be on the DS, but Game Freak would be missing a major opportunity to do some interesting things to the franchise if they don't move to the 3DS. A RS remake could realize a much bigger potential if done on the 3DS (and it does not have to deal with 3D graphics!).

The differences between Cartridges is out standing , and I'm absolutely can't wait for a pokemon game on a 3ds cartridge I mean 8gb maximum compared to 512mb?!?!?! Bring it on.
But let me ask you do you honestly thing they could use the full potential of the 3ds (excluding 3d graphics) on the remakes and still keep it on the same gen as BW2? To me the differences between the DS and the 3ds is sooo great it's would of been like haveing a pokemon game on the DS be compatible with a pokemon game on the game boy color. Since you can't increase the capability of the game boy game your gonna have to decrease capability of the DS game to match the gameboy color game.
So if we get a gen 5 RS remakes on the 3ds game freak wouldn't be able to fully use the 3ds awesome capabilities . So where I'm coming from either but the gen 5 game on DS and wait less than 365 days and start the 3ds with a new gen of pokemon that can use the 3ds to the fullest , or just wait to put the remakes on gen 6. To be honest I don't want a 3ds pokemon game for the sake of having a 3ds pokemon game. If they are gonna do it, they need to do it right. And to me the only way to do it right is on gen 6.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
"if we get a gen 5 RS remakes on the 3ds game freak wouldn't be able to fully use the 3ds awesome capabilities ." Why not? Sure they can. They don't have to obey any gen-laws.
There is nothing preventing them from starting with Hoenn games on a new handheld and care less about whether we call it gen 5, gen 6 or gen 5.5.

I would actually prefer it that way, because with Hoenn requiring less original work, they can focus on the changeover and get used to the 3DS, so gen 6 can be even better when it starts.
It would be a smart way of distributing all the work for the changeover to "first reimplementing the system, moves, sprites and all thats already there, then gen VI completely focus on everything new added"

But back to gen 5. How is gen 5 not over? There is no pokemon for them to reveal over the next few years. They could have kept Genesect secret, but they intentionally rushed its reveal along with the others.
Unless you're suggesting new formes for Hoenn pokemon or something? Which would be really pushing the edge, since too many people already seem to dislike the BW2 ones.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
"if we get a gen 5 RS remakes on the 3ds game freak wouldn't be able to fully use the 3ds awesome capabilities ." Why not? Sure they can. They don't have to obey any gen-laws.
There is nothing preventing them from starting with Hoenn games on a new handheld and care less about whether we call it gen 5, gen 6 or gen 5.5.

I would actually prefer it that way, because with Hoenn requiring less original work, they can focus on the changeover and get used to the 3DS, so gen 6 can be even better when it starts.
It would be a smart way of distributing all the work for the changeover to "first reimplementing the system, moves, sprites and all thats already there, then gen VI completely focus on everything new added"

But back to gen 5. How is gen 5 not over? There is no pokemon for them to reveal over the next few years. They could have kept Genesect secret, but they intentionally rushed its reveal along with the others.
Unless you're suggesting new formes for Hoenn pokemon or something? Which would be really pushing the edge, since too many people already seem to dislike the BW2 ones.

I'm talking in terms of compatibility with the current gen 5 games. If you want to throw that out the window then yea game freak can do what it wants. To my knowledge wasn't acreus the last pokemon in gen 4 to be announced? It was announced February 14 2009 and the remakes weren't announced until sometime around may 2009 if I'm not mistaken . So a difference of three months between the last pokemon was released and gen 4 was far from over , so I dont think your making the point you think you are my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back