• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Marth is very, very good. If not too good. Seriously, he was good at everything. Spacing? Approaching? Reach? Killing? He got it all. He was a character that not only was fast, but can rack damage very quick and due to his sword mechanics, can kill early. He's also one of the best edgeguards. His aerials are so good. Even as a Wario main, I'm scared to face Marth in the air, and Wario DOMINATES the air. Marth's grab range is also ridiculous. Believe it or not, but he can grab foes further than Yoshi could with his tongue.
43a.gif

It's fixed in Brawl though.

Though he got hit big in Smash 4 it seems. His aerials have a lot of landing lag now, and he also has more difficulty approaching. Basically, despite having the same movement and such, his moves are way riskier. Sounds familiar? Yep. Seems like he's more like Roy now, who was BAD. Obviously we don't know yet, but apparently he has an easier time landing his tippers and his counter actually has a lot of knockback. He can't follow up with grabs either. Seems like he'll be a groundd spacing fighter now, because his aerial game seems really bad.

Incidentally, from the recent trailer, Lucina didn't have much landing lag from using FAir. I'm gonna guess she'll be more like how Marth was in Melee/Brawl with strong aerials.

Also, Ike was designed to have trouble hitting, so that the satisfaction of hitting someone like a damn truck is there when you actually land a move. That's why people LOVE using him casually. Competitively though? He's pretty bad...and I doubt Sakurai wants to change that feeling for Smash 4 Ike. I personally don't mind it because I love the feeling of hitting with that big ass sword, but I can tell he'll be pretty bad again here too.

As long as they don't nerf my Wario, I'm good. He's so balanced, just remove his grab release problem and give him a better downsmash and voila! Snake needs to be nerfed though, but not too much.
Hopefully Captain Falcon is buffed. I'm not asking for Melee Falcon, just don't give me brawl Falcon again.

Seriously though, pls no nerf Wario. ;_;

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
Same here. I don't really care for many of the characters. Lucina prances around as Marth anyway so...that's kinda the same? Don't know, but I'm bummed Chrom doesn't appear to have made it

Same here. It's complete bull that Sakurai says he doesn't want clones but he removes Chrom and adds Lucina who was and is basically a palette swap of Marth. It really brought down my high for the game. I'm hoping against hope that Sceptile makes it in (it just got a mega form and there still needs to be a replacement for Ivysaur).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Same here. It's complete bull that Sakurai says he doesn't want clones but he removes Chrom and adds Lucina who was and is basically a palette swap of Marth. It really brought down my high for the game. I'm hoping against hope that Sceptile makes it in (it just got a mega form and there still needs to be a replacement for Ivysaur).
Sakurai never said he wanted to avoid making clone characters. That's just a mere rumor being spread around the internet based on a misconception on how he looks for characters.

Years
There's such an uproar over Lucina, granted the excuse was pretty dumb, but it shouldn't be a No-Sell for people not to get the game, honestly.

Also, note: I saw some of you guys got your names changed recently. If that occurs, please notify me so I can edit your name in the roster to lesson confusion!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You guys should look at Lucina as more of a freebie. She wasn't SUPPOSED to have a slot on her own, but because a certain character cut cut in the middle of development (no not Chrom, and no not because of Lucina) she just took the character's slot to compensate for that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You guys should look at Lucina as more of a freebie. She wasn't SUPPOSED to have a slot on her own, but because a certain character cut cut in the middle of development (no not Chrom, and no not because of Lucina) she just took the character's slot to compensate for that.
That was a mistranslation from the Famitsu scan; nobody got cut for Lucina's entry.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
Both Melee's Adventure mode and Subspace Emissary weren't anything special. I'd give a nod to Melee's mode for the variety and decent level design because SSE was terrible all around when the novelty wore off. It played like a terrible Kirby game.

I'm just waiting for my mains, Wario and Snake, to be revealed at this point. Though it'd be nice to see who the newcomer will be this monday...it's probably Shulk.

At least I already have Little Mac, and Chorus Kids seem super likely at this point. Wario, Snake (if he's back and he damn should be), Little Mac and Chorus Kids are gonna be my Elite Four for this game.

Actual tournaments like APEX and all that or just your run of the mill forum tournaments?

Kinda having a hard time imagining Charizard being a tournament character lol.

All kinds actually! I've played in serious tournaments with Pokemon trainer back in the day. It's all about fun and confidence! :D

Sakurai never said he wanted to avoid making clone characters. That's just a mere rumor being spread around the internet based on a misconception on how he looks for characters.

Actually he did say that way back in the early days of development. He said that right when he said he would be retooling characters. So it still stands that Sakurai is being a bit of a hypocrite

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Actually he did say that way back in the early days of development. He said that right when he said he would be retooling characters. So it still stands that Sakurai is being a bit of a hypocrite
He said he would rather balance out the characters from Brawl than adding more newcomers. He never explicitly mentioned about clones. Clone characters aren't something new to fighting games, and competitive players aren't bothered by it. The only clone character that bugs them is Ganondorf, because him being a Captain Falcon clone makes little sense and want him to either use his sword or use magic such as Dead Man's Volley.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
He said he would rather balance out the characters from Brawl than adding more newcomers. He never explicitly mentioned about clones. Clone characters aren't something new to fighting games, and competitive players aren't bothered by it. The only clone character that bugs them is Ganondorf, because him being a Captain Falcon clone makes little sense and want him to either use his sword or use magic such as Dead Man's Volley.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articl...ash-bros-characters-sakurai-confirms-well.htm

Maybe this will help you understand what I'm saying. And when I get the earlier article i will send it to you but Sakurai DOES say he wants less characters that are more or less exactly like other characters. Also Smash isnt a "competitive fighter" and that's one of my issues with it gaming MLG/FGC attention. The game shouldn't be treated as such because it's suppose to be a party game. I give him creit with making a Glory mode for those who want to treat it as such but honestly it shouldn't be IMO

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articl...ash-bros-characters-sakurai-confirms-well.htm

Maybe this will help you understand what I'm saying. And when I get the earlier article i will send it to you but Sakurai DOES say he wants less characters that are more or less exactly like other characters. Also Smash isnt a "competitive fighter" and that's one of my issues with it gaming MLG/FGC attention. The game shouldn't be treated as such because it's suppose to be a party game. I give him creit with making a Glory mode for those who want to treat it as such but honestly it shouldn't be IMO
Unfortunately, my computer won't allow me to read that article properly due to asking to recommend Java, which I already have downloaded, so it could potentially be a virus in disguise. What I do want to know is how old that article is to form my thoughts on its reliability. I'm pretty sure what Sakurai meant is that he wants less characters with generic movesets and clones that don't have at least one distinctive feature apart from their originals. Even the guys at Smashboards know that Sakurai never said anything about getting rid of clones in this game, or otherwise we wouldn't have Toon Link back.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
At first I was a little upset about Lucina, because it looked like she & Marth had
next-to-none differences...

But after reading Spinosaurus' post comparing Marth & Lucina,
I feel more hopeful that they will play differently.

Plus, a friend told me that Lucina's Final Smash is listed as Great Lord...
I'm guessing it'll be a transformation Final Smash, where she gets promoted to
her Great Lord form.

EDITED IN:
Oh, & there's a slight typo in the first post, dropping the first "e" in my name...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Time to sign up!

Username:nesinomics
Character Select: Roy
What was your first Smash game?:Super smash Bros 64

So I love this game a lot I played all the games in the franchise so far. I'm even writing a fanfiction. I even did my final speech for my speech class on this game. I main Roy in Melee and I like to use Wolf in Brawl. Also this is my first time signing up for a club so I'm not sure if i'm doing it right.

I honestly don't get why they added Lucina if she was just going to end up being a clone of Marth. They should have added Roy if they were going to add any clone characters. I actually don't consider Roy a clone because in my opinion once you get to know how to use Roy he's way better than Marth that's just my opinion though. Roy would have been a better choice. He had fire effects which added damage, the best side c-stick move ever that could one hit wonder any foe if hit in the right spot. He also had a awesome voice. (Voiced by Jun Fukuyama) he also had an awesome redesign in Fire Emblem Awakening. He would've been a great fighter and a great heartthrob among the female audience. Plus they could have had just Robin represent Awakening. I'm sorry I'm venting I'm just so mad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So I've got to watch the 3DS tournament at the Comic-Con via livestream yesterday, and this image posted at Smashboards best describes it in a nutshell:

Spoiler:

It's great to see a veteran who was once a low tier in the previous two games has gotten a major improvement in this iteration.

At first I was a little upset about Lucina, because it looked like she & Marth had
next-to-none differences...

But after reading Spinosaurus' post comparing Marth & Lucina,
I feel more hopeful that they will play differently.

Plus, a friend told me that Lucina's Final Smash is listed as Great Lord...
I'm guessing it'll be a transformation Final Smash, where she gets promoted to
her Great Lord form.
Who on Earth told you that? Lucina's final smash was never revealed yet.

~Skyla~

Banned
Years
Username: ~Skyla~
Character Select: Robin
What was first Smash Game: Super Smash Bros 64

~Skyla~ is joining the battle!!!!

I love Mario, Captain Falcon, Sonic too but Robin is by far my favorite character. Robin is new to the Super Smash Bros game. I also love how they are puttting more Fire Emblem players in. :D

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
So I've got to watch the 3DS tournament at the Comic-Con via livestream yesterday, and this image posted at Smashboards best describes it in a nutshell:

Spoiler:

It's great to see a veteran who was once a low tier in the previous two games has gotten a major improvement in this iteration.

Who on Earth told you that? Lucina's final smash was never revealed yet.
Not naming names!
No way am I exposing my buddy to public humliation!
Besides, I may have read the message wrong...

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
Years
Bowser is getting hype again. It's good to see, because I honestly tried to play with him in Brawl and did well...when speed didn't count, haha

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
i want to sign up!

Username: BlackMagicMaster
Character select: Pit
First smash game: brawl

my favorite character from brawl is pit, but i also like to play as fox, ZSS, captain falcon, and link. So hyped to play new ssb. can't wait to play as palutena and robin

(on a side note, palutena is missing from the character selection list in intro. it that could be fixed, that would be great.)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll go ahead and add that to the OP, you know...helping the owner out and such. :D I remember maining Pit when I first played SSBB. All I did was spam with the Angel Ring. HAAAAAAAAIYAYAYAYAYAYA.

I'd like to comment that I saw loads of SSBB-like cosplays at SDCC two weekends ago when I was there. The best one I was was a Mario/Princess Peach duo, and I believe I saw a Kirby one too. Wish I took pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back