• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I must have gone to the only college that didn't have a creative writing course for those pursuing Liberal Arts degrees. Since I was following that degree program...

Aw hell. I must have gone to the only college that didn't have a Liberal Arts program. I win!

Oh...I forgot you don't like over-analyzing this canon. My bad.
BS (and not the one on par with the navy). I come with questions.

1. Would a herd of Sentret attack an intruder? Like, a galloping herd of adorable Sentrets barreling down on someone, screaming "SEN-TRET!" Would it happen?

2. What the heck are those thingamajiggers that Lucario has hanging off its head, that rise up when its finding auras? I would have used "thingies" but this is a serious fic I need this for. ;;

3. Mass evacuations would be major news in the Pokemon world, neh?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I must have gone to the only college that didn't have a creative writing course for those pursuing Liberal Arts degrees. Since I was following that degree program...

XD Oddly enough, my "very academic" liberal arts college does not have anything in the way of a class dedicated purely to creative writing. (I took a course on writing short stories in my first year, but even then, most of the course was dedicated to interpreting them more than actually writing them.)

Aw hell. I must have gone to the only college that didn't have a Liberal Arts program. I win!

Okay, yeah, you win. *pats*

1. Would a herd of Sentret attack an intruder? Like, a galloping herd of adorable Sentrets barreling down on someone, screaming "SEN-TRET!" Would it happen?

I'm imagining a wave of furry, brown balls consuming everything in their paths, and I'm amused.

Seriously, though, aren't they cautious little buggers? I mean, at most, you'd probably have them running in the opposite direction, which is even funnier and cuter because they're still bowling over everything in their paths.

2. What the heck are those thingamajiggers that Lucario has hanging off its head, that rise up when its finding auras? I would have used "thingies" but this is a serious fic I need this for. ;;

I really can't answer this in front of children. XD

Okay, uh, I always considered them to be crests, personally.

XD Yes. Just like hurricanes.

Feel free to insert inside jokes here.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

Probably not. I think of them as having the mannerisms of Meerkats primarily.

I think those are just long bunches of fur, like dreadlocks. Lucario is based off of Anubis, I think, which has a sort of headdress on: the dreads are probably to compensate. They rise up to give the viewer the sense that Lucario is moving while he senses aura: it adds a dramatic but otherwise unnecessary flair.

Yes. Watch the short at the beginning of Pokemon the Movie 2000 if you dare.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You know. I just remembered that the store I work at has a soundtrack.

I think of them as having the mannerisms of Meerkats primarily.
Most likely. I mean, meerkats have sentries watching over the pack, like Sentrets. Meerkats only attack other meerkats.

Damn. There goes my trainer getting attacked by a herd of brown, fuzzy balls.

Lucario is based off of Anubis
Well, that works, since the Lucario in the fic is named "Anubis". (Either that, or Osiris, but he gets enough love from me. x3)

And the last question was just me being snarky and making fun of my own character. She and her partner were trapped in the woods for a while, and she was wondering why she didn't hear of a mass evacuation.

XD Yes. Just like hurricanes.

Feel free to insert inside jokes here.
I caught pigeons before. I just jumped at it and caught it in my bare hands! And I can rip meat into perfect little strips for jerky with my bare hands!

So, outwalk a hurricane while catching pigeons and building a raft out of the bodies of your dead relatives. :D

txteclipse

The Last
Years

You could have the trainer use pheromones like hunters do when going after deer, and then explain how the crowd of male Sentrets that arrive react to not finding what they were looking for...(!)

I caught pigeons before. I just jumped at it and caught it in my bare hands! And I can rip meat into perfect little strips for jerky with my bare hands!

So, outwalk a hurricane while catching pigeons and building a raft out of the bodies of your dead relatives. :D

Sounds scrumptious. The only edible thing I've ever caught with my hands is fish...and bugs, but those are a given.

As for hurricanes, I'd probably just armor a boat and put it on a ramp on top of my house. If I get flooded out, I simply slide the boat into the water and become an instant military presence.

I think all of my disaster plans involve me preying off of other survivors.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Don't give up just yet! Why couldn't there be a Sentret nutcase? You know, a Sentret who likes to incite hatred towards people and is also very charismatic so that the rest of the pack gladly listens to anything it has to say. Or maybe the Sentret were growing a certain berry to give as a present to a Furret who blackmails them and your character picked up that treasured berry?

Xanthine's idea of the herd of brown, fuzzy balls rushing to the opposite direction was hilarious, not to mention likely. So, I'd think that if they indeed attack, they get scared really easily and then there's only the nutcase left to attack you.
A Sentret gone berserk.

...I'm scared now.

Somehow this subject reminds me of a trilobite page I once found. There was this picture that showed the size of the biggest trilobites ever. The scale on the side is in mm so that makes the biggest one 72 cm long. That's about 2 feet and 4½ inches for you non-metric people. And that's, like, a huge trilobite. Seriously, I think I had only nightmares for weeks after seeing that chart! I don't know why this comes to my mind now, but somehow the idea of a herd of Sentrets attacking a you resembles the idea of a huge trilobite and its friends coming at you.

*shivers*

As for hurricanes, I'd probably just armor a boat and put it on a ramp on top of my house. If I get flooded out, I simply slide the boat into the water and become an instant military presence.

I think all of my disaster plans involve me preying off of other survivors.
I have quite a different plan. All my disaster plans involve a ton of quick noodles (something to fill my stomache with), onions (for vitamins) and chocolate (for mental care). With these supplies I could last for months in my well-built shelter. I'd just write with an old typewriter and eat chocolate. That way, I wouldn't even notice when I die!
I don't have to worry, though, because there are no volcanoes, no earth quakes, no floods and no hurricanes in Finland. This is just a plain, safe country. The only thing dangerous we have are bears... And, well, lemmings. You never know what those creatures will do next. This brings us back to those creepy Sentrets again. And trilobites.

I dread you, small rodents in herds!
*shivers*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I really hope Furret are more willing to attack intruders. Though I do have a scene where my OT has to run from a herd of frightened Sentret.

Ah, what the hey. The chapter's nearly completely written now, and I just want it over with.

Why is this section so dead?

I don't know why this comes to my mind now, but somehow the idea of a herd of Sentrets attacking a you resembles the idea of a huge trilobite and its friends coming at you.
Kabuto.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Why is it so dead? I can't tell. I'm just sulking because I managed to kill a lively conversation about Sentrets. *sob*

Are you going to post that fic somewhere we can see it? I want to read what happens with those Sentrets!

By the way, I'm supposed to write a poem for school. In English. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should write about? I'm drawing into a blank here. I wouldn't otherwise but as I have to write also a speech and three short stories or essays, my creativeness is reaching its limits. Besides, I need a subject easy enough for a non-native like me to make the thing rhyme.

Oh, well, that speech is killing me, too. I can't think of anything to talk about (that's rare) and I have to turn it back by Friday. Then, I have to read it aloud. So, a good subject for speech needed. Can be total nonsense or a real problem of current interests. If you can help me, I'll reward you with... something. I like talking total nonsense in front of class, really. I once participated in a debate, claiming that there are humanoid lifeforms in Mars. I lost that debate, though.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Make a poem about your favorite food. You should know enough about it to make it a decent length.

As for a new conversion: uh, cheese.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
And on the event of my 83rd birthday I rise from the dead! Only to find that the FFL is... kinda dead.

Anyway, I should be finding more time on here now that I've finally completed my fic over on the green giant. Now I can leave that place behind with the exception of reviewing a few choice fics.

Um, topic... do we have a topic? Let's see...

Well, in honor of my birthday...

Suppose your favorite fic character's birthday is coming up. What would you get him/her as a present?
Well, Lisa's been looking at a certain 1982 Oldsmobile... called the Ninety-Eight Regency Brougham... Perhaps I would buy her one of those, if I had the money...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Why is this section so dead?

Because I'm too busy effing over my own characters.

See attachment. Just... Yes.

By the way, I'm supposed to write a poem for school. In English. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should write about?

You could do what I did in high school when I was told to write poetry: center most of mine around complex metaphors that all essentially mean death.

I was a very, very emo child in high school.

Suppose your favorite fic character's birthday is coming up. What would you get him/her as a present?

I know it's a couple weeks ahead, but happy birthday.

That said, to answer the question, I've got four.

Viola is getting a hug, a nice photo album, and a cake (in which Mercury may or may not be hiding). Because she's boring and doesn't want anything more than that.

Mercury is getting a case of only the finest liquor I could possibly procure. Also, that case must be opened and finished off by the end of the night.

Cesario gets a nice check. Why? Because he's already probably having the aforementioned party Mercury would be having. Possibly with illegal substances.

Finally, Bill gets a stripper. A clean one. And another case of booze. Because if any of the characters I write about ever need both at the same time, it's him.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

I'd put him/her in a movie-like chapter that has nothing to do with the main plot but is still incredibly epic.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I'd probably get Mewtwo some food, seeing as around half of the earth in the story she's in is wasteland and the other half is devoted to producing war machines. Not much room for edibles. A jar of honey or whatnot would suffice; something otherwise completely impossible to come by.

For Latias...most likely a thoroughly unaffordable jewelry-type object. I've heard white-gold mesh inlaid with rubies is in style again. If I decide to go the practical route, though, maybe a set of polished steel claw caps? Nothing like breaking a claw while shredding the heck out of some evil deviant.

Ren would get some modern amenities, like a sleeping bag perhaps. I've heard the bare ground gets uncomfortable after a while.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Oh. That's easy! I jump into JaB and rape Silver. Duuuuhhh. :P

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
*COUGH*

I'm so tired. D8

Aden gets a loverly trip in the mountains where she nearly dies.

Shinrai gets to watch her friend die.

Angel gets...Andy.

Andy gets strawberry-flavored lube.

Are you going to post that fic somewhere we can see it? I want to read what happens with those Sentrets!
Once the chapter's finished, and typed. And proof-read.

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years

For Jal'tai, fifteen boxes of frosted corn flakes. For Karo, a certain pair of Smeargle tied to a stake. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back