• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well, I suggest removing Pikachu's (and/or) other pokemon's evolution/s, so that all events will be triggered. This, or.. You can just create/edit another pokemon entry to change it into, for example another Pikachu that has the same (or slightly altered) moveset, with the same (or different) sprite. It's up to you really..
"It's up to you" is important piece of your post.
Metapod did not implement any of this for the sole reason of us having a choice.
If one does not want to use basic evolution, he will not use it and he will evolve their starters.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016

"It's up to you" is important piece of your post.
Metapod did not implement any of this for the sole reason of us having a choice.
If one does not want to use basic evolution, he will not use it and he will evolve their starters.
Ah.. Good thing I put it there. ^^

Well, I'm just going to wish him/her luck then.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
Well, I suggest removing Pikachu's (and/or) other pokemon's evolution/s, so that all events will be triggered. This, or.. You can just create/edit another pokemon entry to change it into, for example another Pikachu that has the same (or slightly altered) moveset, with the same (or different) sprite. It's up to you really..
maybe metapod could make a script that lets you decide if they can evolve or not.maybe put it at new game start,or in options menu

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015

Um... do you actually have any idea how complicated that would be? o.O

*3 seconds later*
Wait a second... o.O Not exactly in start menu but that actually could be done o.O
yes,i know it'd be complicated,but i know its possible.scripters can do pretty much anything they put their mind to doing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2020
So i have been giving this thread some time to give new info on releases and i dont feel like scanning the comments, has metapod announced anything recently?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
yes,i know it'd be complicated,but i know its possible.scripters can do pretty much anything they put their mind to doing.
Um... to put it in starting menu can not be done throughout scripting but hardcore ASM editing the starting sequence.

Though as I mentioned... it could be done the roundabout way...
The level script that would give player the choice, if they chose not to evolve their starters, they would get newly edited starters that would be without evolution by using specific flag in script...
But that would require useless editing of scripts, setting useless flag and having new Pokemon replacing old ones... (even though Hoenn Pokemon won't be used anyway...)

@pokefan harry potter: No, there were not updates.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2012
can someone tell me am i going to need to restart my game after instaling the new beta? im playing the latest version and i am now at pallet waiting for orange islands route to open... this is buging me 'cause i really have some badass pokemons

BTW-the best game ever made!!! metapod rules :)

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Noooooooo! Foolishly I used the Teachy TV and now my screen is just black and I was enjoying the hack so much (you did a really awesome job) that I forgot to save at all. So I tried saving and re-loading it and it just takes me back to a black screen :( Any way of fixing this or will I have to start again?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
I already beat the Elite Four and released Pidgeot, and now I am waiting for the Orange Islands. Is the game over? If not, where am I suposed to go?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
can someone tell me am i going to need to restart my game after instaling the new beta? im playing the latest version and i am now at pallet waiting for orange islands route to open... this is buging me 'cause i really have some badass pokemons

BTW-the best game ever made!!! metapod rules :)
You can use your old save state.

Noooooooo! Foolishly I used the Teachy TV and now my screen is just black and I was enjoying the hack so much (you did a really awesome job) that I forgot to save at all. So I tried saving and re-loading it and it just takes me back to a black screen :( Any way of fixing this or will I have to start again?
If loading takes you to black screen, there's nothing we can do about it.

has anyone else noticed metapod hasnt been active for a month?
You don't say!

I already beat the Elite Four and released Pidgeot, and now I am waiting for the Orange Islands. Is the game over? If not, where am I suposed to go?
Orange Isle are being made right now.

Back