• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Misdeed of Ages

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
PHD4y1h.png

Introduction

One day earlier this year I got tired of the standard fangame. Every "new" game is trying to be the next "Uranium/Insurgence/Reborn" etc. The thing is though, you don't make great new games by copying what others have done in the past. If every fangame is just another copy of X popular fangame it gets boring. So I decided to try something else and I ended up making somethin akin to Mystery Dungeon. It's not exactly the same but I like what I've done. Regardless, here's the project I hope you enjoy the rest of this thread.

Demo Story

You awake to a mysterious yet familiar voice, you try to wiggle your toes, but somehow feel as if you can't. You then wake up in a forest, unsure where exactly you are and what you are. You then meet a friendly local who offers to assist you in getting to his home so that you might rest for the night.

Features
  • Randomly Generated Quests!
  • Play as a Pokémon, not a trainer.
  • Emeras and Looplets!
  • Decorate your own room in the Mawile Guild.
  • Go through randomly generated dungeons to complete randomly generated missions!
  • Become more hungry as you progress through the dungeon(disabled for the demo).
  • New Menu UI.
  • Starter selection screen.
  • Hunger system!
  • A ton of new UI elements.
  • New shop system with sales and price hikes!
  • New EV increasing system, allowing for more control than ever!
  • Friend area script based on the 2nd generation PMD games.

Screenshots
lKchFIo.gif
xVZBAH9.png

rHEeZcM.gif
zSKnM9B.png
fhnUgT8.png
UXS9TJN.png
vY5lmgp.png
Qonw24j.png

QRjcle9.png
CMssDqR.png
YnksmWj.gif
j7V3wEL.gif
oTKJt8r.gif
gin7mZv.gif
ZessaKN.png
9J9Bwzz.png
ctn4ue4.gif

DOWNLOAD

Download Zip
Download RAR

Credits

Mega_leo and Fluffy_bunny for their pmd rips on spriters-resource
Lunardusk and Princess-phoenix for their overworld sprites.
Fl for his controls script.
Kiedisticelixer for helping with face sprites.
Aki for her extensive help with sprites. You are based.
Mej for his following Pokémon Script.
Poccil, Maruno, Flameguru for Pokemon Essentials, couldn't have done this without you.
Klein Studio for his speedup button script.

I'd also like to thank BigFriv, Aki, Fel, Deo, Kied, Yogensai for trying the demo and giving me feedback.(I hope my discord spam wasn't "too bad".)

Last edited:

Olra-Wolfry

Is actually a computer monkey.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
This would have been a good demo, but there are a lot of problems with it. I feel that the worst part is that there are some scripting errors (Saying no, then yes to your partner at the beginning segment causes the game to crash) and the gender you choose for the player doesn't change the Pokemon's gender at all.
Feels extremely rushed for a small demo, especially with the writing.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
This would have been a good demo, but there are a lot of problems with it. I feel that the worst part is that there are some scripting errors (Saying no, then yes to your partner at the beginning segment causes the game to crash) and the gender you choose for the player doesn't change the Pokemon's gender at all.
Feels extremely rushed for a small demo, especially with the writing.

It's kinda supposed to be a bit of a rushed demo. From what I've heard, that demo was made to show off mechanics, whereas things such as writing were not of top priority.

Olra-Wolfry

Is actually a computer monkey.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
That might be true, but it still sucks when you don't even get to save the game due to a crash at the very beginning of the game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
That might be true, but it still sucks when you don't even get to save the game due to a crash at the very beginning of the game.

Hey there, yes there was an issue at the start, which has been fixed now.

You actually do not get to save in the demo as it is meant to showcase, which is why there's an abundance of items.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
ZessaKN.png
9J9Bwzz.png
ctn4ue4.gif

Decided to update this thread.

Here's a pic of my new UI, post-dungeon screen and eating.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Once the game becomes more and more developed will you add evolving? Or are you gonna keep it so you can only stay as the starter?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
Once the game becomes more and more developed will you add evolving? Or are you gonna keep it so you can only stay as the starter?

Evolution is going to be limited to postgame, this is a feature in the main game, and I plan on keeping it.

Back