• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Various Pokemon doodles and crafts

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
So I love drawing pokemon trainers and gym leaders. I'm not much of an artist, but I have fun. So here's various pokemon drawings, including fakemon i drew! You are free to use them in games you create provide you tell me beforehand. And I can design anything you want if you just PM me!
gymleader1_by_guitarsiren-d5oqu9a.png

"Blue" is my online nickname, not intended to be a reference to the original gym leader/rival xD My real name does have something to do with water. But this is probably my second favorite design, even though it's basically me.
rival_effie__gym_leader_autumn_by_guitarsiren-d3fc6l1.png

A design for a rival, Effie, and a gym leader, Autumn. Autumn's design is probably my absolute favorite.
gym_leader_aura_by_guitarsiren-d3fiawm.png

Aura, a Dragon-type gym leader. Not my favorite one.
gym_leader_colton_by_guitarsiren-d3fo2ps.png

Colton, probably the best guy I've drawn, which isn't saying much. xD Ice type gym leader, his gym is full of slopes and ramps, etc.
Onto Gijinkas!
gijinka_volcarona_by_guitarsiren-d3f8vaq.jpg

gijinka_celebi_by_guitarsiren-d3c31pa.png

sailors_croconaw_and_jumpluff_by_guitarsiren-d4fq0ky.png
clefjinka_by_guitarsiren-d5nmrpd.png

Now for fakemon!
fakemon__celescent_by_guitarsiren-d519axm.png
Celescent
fakemon__beneath_the_sea_by_guitarsiren-d5ec8ue.png
Undymph
Aaaaand stuff I made!
custom_camerupt_sculpture_by_guitarsiren-d4tgi4o.jpg

custom_skitty_figure_by_guitarsiren-d4pyc6n.png

custom_psyduck_sculpture_by_guitarsiren-d4qjkjj.png

custom_parasect_sculpture_by_guitarsiren-d3c2327.png

starmie_wip_3_complete_by_guitarsiren-d58saen.jpg

A starmie I did for my HGSS Misty cosplay for Otakon 2012. Said cosplay I am too embarrassed to post just yet, but if someone recognizes this starmie from otakon, feel free to post a pic.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Seriously, these are all super cool!

You're extremely talented. You've kinda inspired me to want to actually try and make those little clay(?) doll figures!

The Blue design is super cool! I love the colors you choose in your art. Seriously, though, I'm fascinated by those figures!! Lol xD

Mind sharing how you made them? The Starmie one is epic. My favorite of them, though, would definitely have to be Camerupt or Psyduck!

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing!

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Seriously, these are all super cool!

You're extremely talented. You've kinda inspired me to want to actually try and make those little clay(?) doll figures!

The Blue design is super cool! I love the colors you choose in your art. Seriously, though, I'm fascinated by those figures!! Lol xD

Mind sharing how you made them? The Starmie one is epic. My favorite of them, though, would definitely have to be Camerupt or Psyduck!

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing!
The figures are made from sculpey. Typically, I'd make a shape, bake the sculpey, then add the other pieces and bake it again. The starmie is papier-mache.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Would you consider them easy to make? As in easy for a beginner like me who isn't very artsy. @_@

I'm guessing that once you make the shape and it hardens (after you bake it), you paint it?

Years
I really love Colton's design! The jacket and goggles make him look awesome. You've got some great art going for you so keep on drawing and you're going to get even more talented. <33 My favorite parts of your work are definitely the designs you go with!

Also looove the little figures though omg. Skitty is so cute! Makes me want to start making some too. Awesome work! :D

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
For non-pokemon stuff, here's some of my better original Sailor Moon characters. I have lots of it, so if you actually want to see more I can post more.
sailor_aquarius_by_guitarsiren-d5th1s2.png

sailor_pisces_by_guitarsiren-d5qghcf.png

sailor_lyra_by_guitarsiren-d5iyp4m.png

sailor_cancer_by_guitarsiren-d5r5a7f.png

Would you consider them easy to make? As in easy for a beginner like me who isn't very artsy. @_@

I'm guessing that once you make the shape and it hardens (after you bake it), you paint it?
They're fairly easy if you stick to shapes.

Yeah, you only paint it after all the pieces are baked. Then after you paint it, if you didn't connect the parts before painting, you glue the parts together.

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
It looks like your last post must have more recent artwork, in that the construction of the humans seems a lot more anatomically correct than the earlier stuff, but as well all are aware, humans aren't exactly the easier thing to draw.

That's a horrible opener. I'm sorry. I actually do like what you have, I think I was just typing based on the last thing I saw. I feel like you can really only get much better from here, though, if you keep it up. I'll say this much, at least you can do gijinka. I... can't, so I don't. I cannot for the life of me draw manga style humans, it's so difficult. And then they only end up looking worse when I append animal ears or whatever on them. I leave that stuff to the professionals, hah.

You make it work, as clearly seen in your Celebi illustration. They all look a little different, noticably the eyes. Are they different characters, or different interpretations of the same? I also like the Clefable one, and it took me a while to pick up on the Sailor Moon theme she has going. So overall, you have clarity in your pictures. I know what they're supposed to represent, and the details that go along with each picture works well without clashing.

The clay stuff, that's so cool. It is pretty hard, though. My sister was always better at it than me. I love that you did Parasect, another favorite! He needs more love all the time. The Skitty photos are plain cute, though. Love the cupcake setup. In fact, I actually really like that you go through the trouble of modeling set pieces, too. Talk about going above and beyond.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What I really love about this gallery is the fact that none of your characters (save simple line art) suffer from having the same pose. Even though anatomically your humans are a bit odd looking, you're drawing them in interesting and difficult poses. That, no matter how talented, is a hard thing to do. I also see that hands are very prevalent in your drawings, which is another very difficult thing to do. Usually, it's pretty easy to spot an insecure artist (not /bad/ artists. I suffer from this too) by the way they draw their hands. You clearly don't have this problem and I believe the biggest reason some of your older characters have such odd proportions is because you're taking risks and exploring different things. This will, unconditionally and always, improve your skills.

This is my favorite of your drawings, by far. I love it. It's like a feminine Lugia. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but to me it reads like the love child of Milotic and Lugia with all the gorgeous in between. The imagination alone make this piece stand out to me. It's just so lovely! n_n;

Lastly, those sculptures... wow. Those are awesome! I've only ever dabbled in three-dimensional art, so seeing these is a real blast from the past for me. Seldom do we see people posting pictures of sculptures so it's a real treat! That Psyduck is so adorable! Easily my favorite. My only advice is that you be careful when painting them (you are painting them once they're set, right?). For instance, they're some blue paint on the underside of Skitty's ear. But it's so hard to paint on a curved / textured surface, so it's definitely the clay's fault more than your own. Not to mention those pastries look yummy so yeah! :3

Also, I just noticed the rose on the girl's dress. That is really, really well done. Otherwise, please post more of your sailor girls! We love seeing that kind of stuff! I hope you have more sculptures too, cause those are truly special. I'd love to see a tutorial on how you make them! <333;
and lmao dragonairborn

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Ahahah...the rose was a custom brush ^^; the backgrounds and some details are custom brushes. Don't give me too much credit, now! if I knew how to set up clickthroughs,t he original pages the pictures are on have all the brush credits.
Okay, you want more sailor girls? Here we go.
sailor_virgo_by_guitarsiren-d5qy2ka.png

sailor_leo_by_guitarsiren-d5sskmh.png

sailor_scorpio_by_guitarsiren-d5s5h6h.png

sailor_libra_by_guitarsiren-d5qc7uc.png

smoct__shion_reference_by_guitarsiren-d55aq6n.png

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
wow i love all of your artwork(: you're very good at drawing! i love how you have your own style. everything is so detailed which i love
this one is my favorite. i just love the detail on the lace. it's so pretty. i also like the shading on her outfit. it looks so nice and she looks like she is glowing! what bothers me is the hand that is on her face. try working on making the hands more detailed. (don't worry i'm working on hands too, i'm very bad at drawing them >.<)
i can't wait to see more of your artwork!

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Just finished today!
sailor_capricorn_by_guitarsiren-d5tq9mh.png

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I like how your character designs are interesting and flowing, however like a few people noted before, your proportions and anatomy are off. It ain't easy stuff and I'm still learning but it really takes years to do. My suggestion for you would be to extend your "style" to a more generalized style that you feel comfortable with. A very common error that a lot of people seem to make is that they feel that if they emulate "anime" style to learn anatomy... and well that's just not true - I'd recommend investing in a mannequin or taking photo reference because this will help tremendously and really make your designs and ideas stick out.

Oh, at least right now you can try to keep an eye out and keep those arms and other body parts the same length! I noticed your proportions change quite a bit, and I'm sure that's bound to happen when you're being so adventurous with your posing, but as I do, keep working at that basic shape until you get it right - believe me, it pays off.

With your digital colouring I can see some obvious artifacts, presumably from using the magic wand tool or fills to try to fill things in... NEVER do this! It really destroys the quality of your colouring. Personally, I use different layering techniques to get the colours in my stuff. Make a new layer in whatever digital program you're using for each important part of the picture - some of my things have +50 layers. It's more work but it definitely pays off and makes things a lot more crisp. Some people draw the lineart on the top layer and colour underneath - I have shaky hands so I use Multiply layers to colour underneath layers without covering black lines (usually a scan from a traditional work), and use different layering techniques for shading.

Your 3D works also could use some finesse but I can't really give much advice there - my 3D works are worse than anything >_> I do kinda like your impressionist style and I really dig that Psyduck especially.

Last edited:

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
I like how your character designs are interesting and flowing, however like a few people noted before, your proportions and anatomy are off. It ain't easy stuff and I'm still learning but it really takes years to do. My suggestion for you would be to extend your "style" to a more generalized style that you feel comfortable with. A very common error that a lot of people seem to make is that they feel that if they emulate "anime" style to learn anatomy... and well that's just not true - I'd recommend investing in a mannequin or taking photo reference because this will help tremendously and really make your designs and ideas stick out.

Oh, at least right now you can try to keep an eye out and keep those arms and other body parts the same length! I noticed your proportions change quite a bit, and I'm sure that's bound to happen when you're being so adventurous with your posing, but as I do, keep working at that basic shape until you get it right - believe me, it pays off.

With your digital colouring I can see some obvious artifacts, presumably from using the magic wand tool or fills to try to fill things in... NEVER do this! It really destroys the quality of your colouring. Personally, I use different layering techniques to get the colours in my stuff. Make a new layer in whatever digital program you're using for each important part of the picture - some of my things have +50 layers. It's more work but it definitely pays off and makes things a lot more crisp. Some people draw the lineart on the top layer and colour underneath - I have shaky hands so I use Multiply layers to colour underneath layers without covering black lines (usually a scan from a traditional work), and use different layering techniques for shading.

Your 3D works also could use some finesse but I can't really give much advice there - my 3D works are worse than anything >_> I do kinda like your impressionist style and I really dig that Psyduck especially.

I appreciate the input. I don't want to be an artist by career (I actually just got my degree in writing), but any advice will be taken. I normally don't care since I'm not trying to make money off this, but I can keep practicing. When I try to adjust proportions they look more off than when I leave them completely normal. Maybe that'll wear off.

While I'm thinking about it, here's some Megaman art--I'm terrible at drawing both males and robots, so this was a challenge. Also, these are at least two years old; I only got my tablet last year.
megamix_tomahawkman_by_guitarsiren-d3ap5wc.png

megamix_centaurman_by_guitarsiren-d3c7uj2.png

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Yay, Tomahawk and Centaur Men. I was thinking about doing a few robot masters, too, but we'll see how that goes.

Seeing as they're two years old, I really don't know what to tell you, but it appears by the way that they're drawn, it's mostly sketchy in the lineart. You probably weren't too concerned about absolute perfection, you just wanted to get the idea out, and I like that, honestly. Besides, the RMs only got more detailed in design anyway as the series progressed... and then dropped back down to being too simplistic in 9. That's some kind of regression right there.

Also, I'd prefer not to be an artist by career myself, but I admire how you're still willing to learn anyway. I feel like that's something we all ought to do, whether we're taking this professionally or not, mostly out of a sense of pride for our accomplishments. You'll get stuck in a rut otherwise, and it just won't be as fun anymore.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Wow. This might actually be the first I've seen Pokemon sculptures. I specifically like the Camerupt. If you don't mind my asking- how long does it take you to make these?

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Yay, Tomahawk and Centaur Men. I was thinking about doing a few robot masters, too, but we'll see how that goes.

Seeing as they're two years old, I really don't know what to tell you, but it appears by the way that they're drawn, it's mostly sketchy in the lineart. You probably weren't too concerned about absolute perfection, you just wanted to get the idea out, and I like that, honestly. Besides, the RMs only got more detailed in design anyway as the series progressed... and then dropped back down to being too simplistic in 9. That's some kind of regression right there.

Also, I'd prefer not to be an artist by career myself, but I admire how you're still willing to learn anyway. I feel like that's something we all ought to do, whether we're taking this professionally or not, mostly out of a sense of pride for our accomplishments. You'll get stuck in a rut otherwise, and it just won't be as fun anymore.
Well, the designs are from Megaman Megamix, which was a manga made by Hitoshi Ariga, one of the artists for the games.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
I LOVE the volcarona hirl, my mate who likes volcarona now
Fancies her!

P.s. what is the process you go throu to make the models, like that EPIC skitty?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I really love Colton's design. He looks really cool and my favorite type is Ice. I actually have an Ice-type Gym Leader OC based on myself.

I also really like the Camerupt sculpture. The other ones are nice, too, but the textures are a bit rough, which best suits Camerupt.

Keep it up! I'd love to see more male characters from you.

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Fresh from the tablet, a joke Megaman/Vocaloid pairing!
tumblr_mil9plvLnE1qmu1xko1_1280.png

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
A new sailor senshi picture has been completed!
sailor_aries_by_guitarsiren-d5x6wo9.png

Back