• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
yay! final watchman, alan is a-ok to start exploring!! :)

One last question. Can we get money from defeating someone? If so how much is reasonable?
Skymin, Tim was looking at the stone glyph, I figured I would get a picture of what it looks like. If not, that's fine, just assumed that xD
i would have preferred you'd talk to me before giving yourself P, but you're lucky that was the amount i was going to give you anyway. please be aware of godmodding in the future.

the glyph is just... a stone x or t (depending how you hold it) with markings. im sure you can imagine something!

This RP is driving me CRAZY. I want to join so badly but I'm already in 3 RPs and I have college work, which can hurt considering how long my posts took in Pandora. Not to mention that now Elektrike's taken ;_;

Hm...well I guess that's all there is to it. I'm going to try to join. If things don't work out, then I guess I'll know my limits.

...If that's okay with you, Skymin. I don't want to throw out an SU if they're not being accepted :P
haha no problem! there are plenty of pokeon left :)

I had October buy a potion, but you completely ignored that post. >:(
So I'll forgive you since you said she only used one XD
oops. fine you'll get that second one haha my bad

Quick question, how does long distant communication work in Apollo?

Do our character have access to their phones or whatever pokemon analogue might apply and if so do service work or is it just a huge blackzone because of the lack of infrastructure or something.
if anyone thought to ask anyone about the pokedex, that has an inbuilt mobile phone which somehow works???? on hopes and dreams????? it'll be used later on for dr. jacobi to contact you.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
i would have preferred you'd talk to me before giving yourself P, but you're lucky that was the amount i was going to give you anyway. please be aware of godmodding in the future.

Okay. Was that battle an okay one? I was going to have Darumaka faint, but then I wanted to two to interact a little, so the fact the faints when he is in the ball is perfect.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Is the built-in mobile phone more "walkie-talkie" local area only style, or "call your parents back home with it" style?
a bit of both i spose. the only number outside of Apollo that seems to work though is dr. jacobis!

Okay. Was that battle an okay one? I was going to have Darumaka faint, but then I wanted to two to interact a little, so the fact the faints when he is in the ball is perfect.
yeah! I thought that darumaka would have been the one to lose, so that's why I made him faint. all g though.

Also if it wasn't obvious enough you can challenge each other to Pokemon battles lol

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I literally had to rewrite that post after I forgot to save the notepad.
*Facepalm*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Q.Q why wouldn't the clerk take Diglett too?
What's Yukari supposed to do with Diglett nao? <.< >.>

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Sorry about the late post, it'll be up by the end of the day, e.i. 4ish est
no probs. i'm making it a habit to update once a day, morning my time. or evening if i work that day.

Q.Q why wouldn't the clerk take Diglett too?
What's Yukari supposed to do with Diglett nao? <.< >.>
HAHA USE IT??? What else do you do with pokémon? d: if you ask around, i suppose you could find someone who will trade it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
yeah! check out the reserved pokemon on the first page of this one :)

and ewery, you may wanna give your post another read through. its hard to understand at parts!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
and ewery, you may wanna give your post another read through. its hard to understand at parts!

Oh okay. I kinda rushed that one.

EDIT: I edited it. The cottage is the one you mention in you post. (I assume Celebi?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Oh okay. I kinda rushed that one.

EDIT: I edited it. The cottage is the one you mention in you post. (I assume Celebi?)
Well, even if you rush things, save them in your usercp notebook and fix it later. I'd rather quality over quantity. :)

and don't assume anything! it's a shack, btw. like, an abandoned shack. with nothing in it. just one room. a person could walk into it. and be horribly disappointed lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
HAHA USE IT??? What else do you do with pokémon? d: if you ask around, i suppose you could find someone who will trade it!

Yeah, she had no plans for a Diglett in her team xD
Maybe Anise would take it if yukari musters up the guts to go talk to her? lol I dunno :X

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Well, even if you rush things, save them in your usercp notebook and fix it later. I'd rather quality over quantity. :)

and don't assume anything! it's a shack, btw. like, an abandoned shack. with nothing in it. just one room. a person could walk into it. and be horribly disappointed lol

I never considered using the usercp notebook... Smart. I'll do that now. As for the shack, what about the part in the description where you say, "Be careful if you drift of the path though. They say a guardian protects the Pokémon here and resides in a shack deep in the Route. Nobody has actually seen this 'rare' Pokémon, and many adventurers say the shack is empty. Perhaps there is a special way to coax the guardian out?"

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I never considered using the usercp notebook... Smart. I'll do that now. As for the shack, what about the part in the description where you say, "Be careful if you drift of the path though. They say a guardian protects the Pokémon here and resides in a shack deep in the Route. Nobody has actually seen this 'rare' Pokémon, and many adventurers say the shack is empty. Perhaps there is a special way to coax the guardian out?"

you'll just have to go to the shack and find out.

Years
Here I go then :3

Can we choose details for our starters? If so then female with the nickname Dima

Name: Daniel O'Neil

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Purrloin

Appearance:

Genetics were cruel to Daniel O'Neil. With a height clocking in at just over 5 foot tall, a face that always seemed a little too long and gaunt to fit properly and hair that, while a rather dark shade, was still noticeably Ginger (Auburn, Dan would correct you; hating the word Ginger and its many variations.) cruel nicknames and jokes have followed him around his entire life. He at least managed to dodge the freckles; his dad having left him with olive skin, dark grey eyes that almost look black and little else.

While genetics have given Dan his faults, he has done his best to not create any more himself. He works out regularly and his small frame sports a set of impressive, lean muscles that he knows how to use; with little money for traditional hobbies Dan is a big fan of cheaply practicable sports, boxing and climbing being his favourites. Despite his size few ever mistake him for younger than the twenty-three years old that he is; the thick layer of stubble that clings to his chin no matter how much he attacks it with a razor usually wards off those not convinced by his glare.

Dan's clothing tends to be of good quality, but almost always shows heavy wear and tear and rarely actually fits him right; usually being second hand. His brown leather boots show crease marks from heavy use and the soles have work much of the grip away, but otherwise they are sound. His white t-shirt once held some message that can half be made out if you squint at the faded print and the black wool jacket worn over it has been patched in many places, though it has clearly been done by someone who knows what they are doing and is hard to notice. Aside from being a size or two too big for him there was nothing wrong with Dan's jeans until he attacked the legs with a pair of scissors to stop them dragging on the ground. All in all Dan's clothing works and is comfortable, but it makes it fairly obvious that he doesn't have much money to spend on it.

Dan's hands and lower forearms are covered in scars; a mixture of bite marks, light slashes from broken glass and one particularly nasty injury involving a sharp fence railing and a bit too much alcohol. Because of the state of his arms Dan has a habit of wearing boxing bandages around his hands and over the afflicted flesh. (He has a pair of fingerless gloves for if he runs out but prefers the bandages, a small allowance to his pride at actually being a decent boxer.)

Roleplay Sample:

Daniel huddled close against the stonework as he fumbled with the dripping wet piece of paper, trying to read the address on it without the pouring rain ruining the ink any more. Eventually he managed it, using his head as a shield while he peered at the smudged writing giving directions to the cafe that was now across the road from him. Café Cynda, expensive and overly cheerful; not normally the sort of place that would appeal to him but today, with thick clouds delivering both shadow and rain with equal glee, the warm looking café felt like heaven as he pushed his way through the doors.

The rain had had him moving quickly but once inside he slowed, his misgivings pushing their way forwards in his mind once more. He still wasn't entirely convinced with the whole thing; gallivanting off to some distant island in search of treasure didn't really sound like his sort of thing, and last he'd heard the island in question was supposed to still be a myth or something. Still, as much as he didn't really want to go he couldn't really see any other path. The little bits and scraps of work he could find weren't bringing in enough money and with Ma growing older and older and his little sister thinner and thinner he needed to do something, even if it was just reducing the amount of mouths to be fed by one for a while.

Then suddenly his musings, and time to double think himself, were cut off by a older woman waving to him cheerfully and beckoning him over to a table. Feeling awkward he made his way over, waving off a waiter heading his direction and taking the seat opposite the woman. He had to give her credit; unlike most people he had talked to but not actually seen she didn't double take at his height, or if she did it was so quick he didn't notice.
"It's nice to meet you Daniel." she said, leaning back in her seat, peering at him over the rim of her cup with a stare that Dan couldn't quite help but feel was judging him. Dan squirmed uncomfortably under her gaze, offering up a "Likewise." in return but otherwise keeping silent till she spoke again.

"So, decided you'd like to give the treasure hunter life a try then?" she asked cheerfully. He opened his mouth to reply but, perhaps for the best since he couldn't quite match her enthusiasm, she continued speaking rapidly, "It won't be an easy task, but it will certainly be an interesting one. Apollo is virgin territory for the most part; plenty of uncharted territory to explore and, from the sound of the tales, plenty of interesting things to uncover." she sounded tired, but there was an enthusiasm to her voice that he couldn't help but find infectious; by the time she had finished describing the sort of things that had been reported about the island several minutes later he found himself smiling and feeling a lot better about the whole thing.

After a while they were interrupted by a deep from the professors watch, which she glanced at before standing up and rummaging about in her bag. "I'd love to stay longer Daniel but I'm very busy at the moment, plenty to take care of this close to the expedition starting." she smiled and pulled forth a sealed envelope that she handed to him, "This contains more information about the island, as well as instructions on how to get there and receive your supplies. I wish you the best of luck, make sure you bring me back some interesting stories if nothing else." A smile and a handshake later, Dan was left alone to wonder what exactly he had just gotten himself into.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
雷影 イチロ, about your post. No offense, but I wasn't given any time to react. Tim is certainly going to help out with the battle, and he would notice the Kangaskhan before it was on him. Give me time to react, remember no GodModding.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
雷影 イチロ, about your post. No offense, but I wasn't given any time to react. Tim is certainly going to help out with the battle, and he would notice the Kangaskhan before it was on him. Give me time to react, remember no GodModding.

I remember, and no Godmodding was done. There was nothing there outside of an RPers control that I wrote into my post. Simply battling a Pokemon that became available on a Route. Everything said about your character was October's own opinion of his actions, and therefore does not reflect the actions Timothy would actually take. Giving you time to react is not Godmodding, it just means that October was a lot quicker than Timothy in reacting and dealing to the situation.

Skymin said:
This journey is a race. And there are no rules but win. Do what you need; collaborate, intimidate or eliminate.

If you still feel cheated, we can wait for Skymin to come on in like 4-5 hours and sort this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back