• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Aqua Mudkip: When typing the name.

then just put in a show picture event, and show a picture of the character/sprite.

Now for my own question:
I know that the trainer battle pictures are needed, but there are a lot of duplicate trainer overworld sprites, it's it ok to delete the extra's from them, or are they all used for something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Aqua Mudkip: But the player naming script is built-in. Not an event. And wait, you have pairs of each sprites? O_o?

yes, but you cold have the picture show up BEFORE the naming, and not get rid of it until after.

and yeah, everyone does actually, if you look in the graphics/characters folder, you will see the following:

trchar060,trchar050 are the same,
trchar059,trchar049 are the same,
trchar002,trchar062 are the same,
trchar053,trchar021,trchar007 are the same,
trchar057,trchar047,trchar045 are the same,
trchar040,trchar031 are the same,
trchar035,trchar032 are the same,

and many more are like this as well

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi, guys. I wonder whether there's way for the users to have multiple saving slots. In this way, the one who plays the game may restart the game not to ruin the previous saving slot. It's very common in games like Final Fantasy series and I wish it would be possible to make in starter kit.

Years
Hi, guys. I wonder whether there's way for the users to have multiple saving slots. In this way, the one who plays the game may restart the game not to ruin the previous saving slot. It's very common in games like Final Fantasy series and I wish it would be possible to make in starter kit.

That's possible on rpgmaker. U can find tutorials on internet for how to put several saves or u can always look to other starterkits.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
I Took a Screen Shot of a Part in Pokemon Larva Version By Pressing F8
and I Don't Know Where it Saved to
so I Looking in The Pictures Section oF the Game and Couldn't Find it
Can anyone Help me?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm not sure about the multiple saves. It should be easily possible with a little scripting, though.

And the screenshots are saved to the root folder of the game - the one with the Game.rxproj and Game.exe files in it.

Also, 2000th reply! (But 2001st post in the thread).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
does anyone know how to add a second page to the trainer card? (as in a second trainer card) so that badges 1-8 are on the first page, 9-16 on the second, and so on?

Years
If someone is using the caterpillar I gave here, I made an improvement : there was a bug when the hero was surfing, the followers were walking on the water. I've corrected it.

yaoimutt, take a look at PokemonSummary. It's working with 3 different pages. It should be easy to do the same thing for the badges.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
If someone is using the caterpillar I gave here, I made an improvement : there was a bug when the hero was surfing, the followers were walking on the water. I've corrected it.

yaoimutt, take a look at PokemonSummary. It's working with 3 different pages. It should be easy to do the same thing for the badges.

thanks you for trying, but you over estimated my brilliance , i just tried your suggestion, and i didn't get it to work >.< T-T

*starts looking through the pages for your caterpillar thing*

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have another question. How do you create new POKEMON types and moves? I found one of the fun game with new POKEMON type "Light" and "Virus" but don't know how these were added into the game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I've released a new version today. It's just improvements on the message system, and I've added information to the notes on how to incorporate the message system into other projects.

For detailed changes, see this diff file.

Years
You've done a great job as usual Poccil, glad to see your still making updates.

Thanks again and good luck with future releases!
-Krobe

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I have another question. How do you create new POKEMON types and moves? I found one of the fun game with new POKEMON type "Light" and "Virus" but don't know how these were added into the game.

for the moves, go to the moves.txt file, and put it in there, the note.html file tells you how, also, there is a hex number (which are actually letters like ab, ac,ad) that go with the move, now go to the PokeBattle_move file in the script editor, and put in PokeBattle_Move_?? (where ?? is the new moves hex number). and walla. you have a new move.

for the type: in the script editor go to PBTypes, it says how to do it there, all you really do is add a new type number, a new type coll, and a new type row, it tells you how to in the file, so if you get confused just read the comment lines, and if that doesn't work, ask us here :D , and i THINK you have to add a new type block in the image file fore it. (that just means adding a picture), it's really easy to edit this one, and when your done with that, TODA! new type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back