• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lure Poison

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
A fun deck featured by Tylyrplays. It seemed like a pretty funny deck. Though i don't have any of the cards to actually run it.

His deck list.
Spoiler:

Basic theory of this deck is to lure poison pokemon out with Carnivine and they get stuck in the active. The retreat into Cacturne that hits for 60 and 30 to your bench for 1 energy. Which is pretty strong. Silver Bangle adds 30 damage, and with Virbank and poison it will hit for 120 + 60 from the 2 previous turns of poison for 180 damage.

Overall this deck is fairly impressive for what it is. If your opponent has no switches, there isn't much your opponent can do.

The main weakness that i can see is a deck that is full of 1 energy attackers and Virizion Ex of course.

This deck is pretty interesting. Though i think there are a few things that can be changed to make it a little more my style.

Pokemon: 15
3-3 Cacturne
3 Carnivore
2-2 Dragalge
1 Mr Mime
1 Keldeo Ex

Trainer: 37
4 Juniper
2 N
3 Shauna
3 Skyla
1 Colress
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Dowsing Machine
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
1 Town Map
1 Professor's Letter
2 Super Rod
1 Switch
1 Surprise Megaphone
2 Silver Bangle
2 Muscle Band
3 Float Stone
2 Enhanced Hammer

Energy: 8
8 Energy

Idk if i think Keldeo Ex is as important, though it might be. Rush in/Retreat is just so good. I like a little more flexibility with my attackers, so muscle band also helps against those non ex pokemon that refuse to die. That and it helps against those decks with Virizion Ex. 80 damage is much more impressive than 60. Enhanced Hammer seem like a great card for this deck. It seems like DCE and other special energy are just so important to the current metagame that it can help slow down dangerous decks even more. Dowsing Machine over Computer Search is completely a personal choice, i find it to be amazing to be able to grab that extra something that you went through already. Town Map i find to be huge in this deck. That Mr Mime or Keldeo Ex might get prized. Being able to pick your prizes is just such an advantage.

Any thought on this basic deck list? I think interesting decks like these should be tried more often, and maybe i will start looking through my card pools again for weird combinations such as these.

DMoCTTA

YouTuber DMoCTTA
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Interesting.. the thought of only having 12 pokemon total is risky, and could very easily lead to your opponent getting free cards at the start (since you technically only have a 20% shot of drawing a basic pokemon)

I'd rather do 3/3 N/Jupiter split instead of 2/4 just because if you're off to a slow start and your opponent is ahead you need some balance early on. Other than that, it's quite a unique strategy I must say.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Interesting.. the thought of only having 12 pokemon total is risky, and could very easily lead to your opponent getting free cards at the start (since you technically only have a 20% shot of drawing a basic pokemon)

I'd rather do 3/3 N/Jupiter split instead of 2/4 just because if you're off to a slow start and your opponent is ahead you need some balance early on. Other than that, it's quite a unique strategy I must say.

I don't agree. 12 Pokemon is more than enough, and n/juniper aren't that important what is good is Skyla/poke ball and he has those.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Absol wrecks this deck (With Dragalge, Mime, Keldeo and cacturne on the bench, Absol is hitting for 100 without band or other support, which KO's 14/15 of your Pokemon) and the point of the deck is to leave e the active Pokemon poisoned AND STILL ACTIVE, so Absol will be a problem that can be fixed with Landorus EX. One Landous EX should be enough to put some pressure on Absol.

Another Idea I have is to put in a Virizion EX, to help with laser and the highly unlikely mirror match, but energy acceloration also could be pretty good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
You should realize that the pokemon in this deck get destroyed easily regardless of who is attacking. Fire types would destroy this deck. Garbodor would destroy this deck. Anything that can hit 90 damage can destroy this deck.

This deck has to be played really carefully. You have to constantly attack pokemon that dont have energy to respond, you have to be mindful of any energy acceleration that could respond to the lure poison.

Back