• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[NU RMT] ITZ QUAGY TIEM

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Alrighty then. So I used to be like kinda good at competitive battling, but I got out of it(and I was never even close to good). I decided to try it again, and had some success with my NU team. So, I would like to see what you guys think of it. :)

AT A GLANCE
Spr_b_g4_127.png
Spr_b_g4_045_f.png
Spr_b_g4_409_s.png
Spr_b_g4_323_m_s.png
Spr_b_g4_195_f.png
Spr_b_g4_326_s.png

Spr_4d_127.png

Kailios [Pinsir] (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor

Pinsir can set up Stealth Rock and usually get at least one kill with Focus Sash. It's not wonderful, but I really don't know what else to use. It works for now, anyway.

Spr_4d_045_f.png

Ruffresia [Vileplume] (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 240 HP/136 Def/24 Spe/110 SpD
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bumb
- Stun Spore

Classic SubSeeder. If you can get her set up correctly, she works wonders on the opposing team.

Spr_4d_409_s.png

Rampald [Rampardos] (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

My powerhouse. With 252 Atk and Adamant, it reaches a massive 471 Atk stat. Scarfing it lets it outspeed things you wouldn't expect, while leaving it with enough Atk to take out many things. EQ and Stone Edge for STAB, Zen Headbutt for expected counters(namely Weezing),and Superpower for coverage. Too bad this thing is so fragile.

Spr_4d_323_f_s.png

Bakuuda [Camerupt] (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Eruption

Scarfed Camerupt. Bit contaversial, but it seems to work well for me. Scarfing it gives it enough speed to get a hit in on things it shouldn't be able to. Eruption is for when you need that extra oomph on his first turn. Not too sure what to put in the last slot, but a quick Stealth Rock helps when I need support if Pinsir failed to set them up.

Spr_4d_195_f.png

Nuoh [Quagsire] (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

The star of my team. She can stall physical attacks like nothing I've ever seen. It helps that her only weakness is grass, and Camerupt can take care of them handily. I don't know what else to say; she has taken out more Pokemon than the rest of my team combined.

Spr_4d_326_s.png

Boopig [Grumpig] (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/70 SpA/188 SpD
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Not sure what to say here. It's not really that useful, but it can wall out some things. Basically looking for a replacement Pokemon/set.

Yep. I'm new, and I suck. This NU team can hold its own in UU just fine. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
Years
In my opinion, I dont really like your Quagsire. It should probably know Aqua tail and have more atk EVs, but thats my choice. Nonetheless a very well balanced team

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Not liking that Grumpig, its Pursuit bait since Skuntank is on every team. Id honestly use Slowking over it since it can at least threaten its common switch ins with t-wave.

Scarfrupt is a joke, use the rock polish set or dont use it at all. Not being able to his 300 speed WITH a scarf is rofl. You also dont need 2 SRers. :/

Jolly on Rampardos so you actually beat guys like Manectric etc.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
In my opinion, I dont really like your Quagsire. It should probably know Aqua tail and have more atk EVs, but thats my choice. Nonetheless a very well balanced team
Well, I tried a more physical version of it, and it just didn't seem to work that great. For me, anyways, the more stall-y version works better. I'll take note of Aqua Tail though. ;)

Not liking that Grumpig, its Pursuit bait since Skuntank is on every team. Id honestly use Slowking over it since it can at least threaten its common switch ins with t-wave.

Scarfrupt is a joke, use the rock polish set or dont use it at all. Not being able to his 300 speed WITH a scarf is rofl. You also dont need 2 SRers. :/

Jolly on Rampardos so you actually beat guys like Manectric etc.
I don't really like Grumpig either, but I wasn't too sure what to replace it with. I'll try out Slowking and see how it works for me.

Well, I'll be honest. I never really get to use Camerupt, so I can't exactly say how well it works, so I'll take your word on it. I was actually thinking of trying to replace it with something anyways. I know I don't need 2 SR's, but I couldn't really think of anything else to use. xD

Alright, I'll agree with you here. It has enough attack already, it really doesn't need Adamant. It is quite slow as well.

Thanks for all the critique, I'll try everything out and see how it works. ;)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Quaggy wants Encore >> Toxic. That way it can encore a move that won't hurt you much or a set up move (Swords Dance, etc) and then you can bring in your own sweeper and give it a free set up turn.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Quaggy wants Encore >> Toxic. That way it can encore a move that won't hurt you much or a set up move (Swords Dance, etc) and then you can bring in your own sweeper and give it a free set up turn.
Well seeing as Quagsire uses Toxic to take out 90% of it's foes, I think I'll keep Toxic on it. Also, it's mainly built to stall out most things, so taking Toxic away would defeat its purpose on my team. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back