• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Some places, for sure. Homeless people like to live down in the tunnels, and people litter, and a whole bunch of other jazz. All adds up to one big stink bomb. =/
I don't remember seeing any homeless people (maybe I overlooked), but I do remember seeing the arrogant people going through emergency exit doors because they're those "me first! me first!" people and don't want to miss a train.

When I was there, my family only took the subways at "inactive" times, such as like around noon, or any other time away from rush hour, and we were there on weekdays only, not Saturday or Sunday.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
People go on the tracks in New York? o.o
The tunnels must be really spacious then, haha.

The tunnels in Montreal barely got any space, there's enough space for one person to walk the tunnels and when a train comes passing by next to you, you gotta put your back to the wall and hope that the train doesn't move a lot along the rails and that it won't hit you.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My confusion upon the page skipping around and I just glimpsed a picture of aluminum foil. I: Had to scroll way up there (even though the browser tried to stop me) so I could find out why it was there haha.

I've never been to NY and now I'm curious as to how the smells there compare to sprayed fields. My mother spent part of her childhood around here and she still ends up gagging from time to time because of the fields. It doesn't bother me- I've grown used to it. Though smells usually don't effect me, so that isn't saying much.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've never left the country either. The farthest away from home that I've ever been was Bemidji, MN which is about an hour away from the Canadian border. :3 I loved it though, it was beautiful up there.

Years
I've never left the United States either, let alone the Eastern Time Zone.. I want to go to either Canada and meet up with a good friend of mine or go out to California for a long-way from home road trip (or flight trip if necessary).

The farthest away from home I've been was NYC.

The last time i took a vacation was back in 2011 with my family. We went to see my dad's family in Richmond, VA then we took a trip to Norfolk, VA and stayed in Williamsburg. While in Williamsburg we drove around the colonial areas, went to Jamestown and sight-saw through Yorktown.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Furthest I've traveled was when I went to Philippines. But that was like 18 years ago :C

The furthest I've traveled THIS YEAR was when I went to the other end of my city ._.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've never left the United States either, let alone the Eastern Time Zone.. I want to go to either Canada and meet up with a good friend of mine or go out to California for a long-way from home road trip (or flight trip if necessary).

The farthest away from home I've been was NYC.

The last time i took a vacation was back in 2011 with my family. We went to see my dad's family in Richmond, VA then we took a trip to Norfolk, VA and stayed in Williamsburg. While in Williamsburg we drove around the colonial areas, went to Jamestown and sight-saw through Yorktown.

I live in Yorktown and work in Williamsburg! We get a lot of history-loving tourists around here pretty much year-round...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've been across Canada and to a few states in the US but that's about it. I went to Greece and a few other places in Europe when I was ~2 but I don't remember the trip so I don't really count that. Canada's massive though so I'm proud of having been to all the provinces. The US and Canada are both so big that not having left the country(/continent) doesn't have to be deprecating at all. The coasts and everything in-between varies so much that sometimes it really is like going to another country but with all the comforts of home.

My mom's tentatively planning a trip to England and either Italy or France for next year but I'm not getting my hopes up too high until actual plans start coming into play instead of just hypotheticals. :(

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, here's pleasanton so it's an average suburb.

American dream ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's boring.

The only place we can really go is San Francisco with all its glorious Japantowns and Pier 39s (I hate seafood what am I talking about) and such.

Also, somewhat not related, why is saltwater taffy called that? Why not freshwater taffy? It's also very sweet, so it's really confusing.
I live in Yorktown and work in Williamsburg! We get a lot of history-loving tourists around here pretty much year-round...

you mean björkstaat and wilhelmborg

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I haven't left the United States either, and I've only stayed in the Eastern Time zone too. Furthest I've ever been from home is Florida to Disney World, which is apparently the standard "go when the kids are too young to remember the trip" vacation in my family. Last vacation I took was just a day-trip to Boston to meet up with an old friend and just spend the day there.

As for any future vacations, can't say I'm taking any. I will be having a week off from work in August, but I'm going to be spending it in Connecticut, looking for a new hamster and just spending time with friends and family.

I do want to go to Greece though. A less extreme trip would be one to New Jersey (don't laugh) because there are stores down there that I want to see for myself. And North Carolina, but that trip would be combining business with pleasure as I want to move there.

As for deodorant, I'm currently using an Axe spray. After this bottle of Axe is done, I'm going to try a stick of Irish Springs that I got for cheap!

Also, somewhat not related, why is saltwater taffy called that?
One legend states that a shop that sold regular taffy was flooded with ocean water. When the shop reopened, a little girl asked for taffy, and the shop owner said that he had "salt water taffy." The girl bought some because it was new and exciting!

Another legend states that it was named by children calling the taffy any name when they bought it.

Technically, it has salt and water in it, so...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

I don't think I ever tasted that =/

I don't know if I even saw how it looked like *_*

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It may be good but boy is it bad for your teeth... ugh I hate when anything gets stunk in my teeth.

Years
I cant believe I'm saying this, but I had to research what salt water taffy was to know about it X_x

Yeah, it doesnt look too healthy for teeth xD but I'm not sure what'd be worse.. that or eating homemade caramel popcorn balls. I had one of those before and boy was it stuck to my teeth for quite a long while...

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I hardly have popcorn anymore because I hate how the kernels can get stuck between your teeth so I try my hardest to absolutely avoid it.
Also raspberry seeds.. but raspberries are worth it because yum-factor *_*

Years
Aw man it's the worst when you get that one piece of food stuck in your teeth and you spend all day trying to wiggle it out with your tongue.

The glory when it does come out though ahah.

Related: I'm allergic to artificial raspberry flavouring. Not sure which one but I know it's the one raspberry soft drink, red gummy bears/frogs/snakes/candy animals but not Frozen Raspberry Fanta you can get from McDonalds.
Ask me how I discovered this!

Years
How did you discover it? j/k

I like the taste of raspberries very much. From raspberry yogurt to raspberry lemonade.

And for food allergies, I'm not allergic to any foods afaik, but I haven't eaten everything in the world before xD

Years
Was hospitalised from one can of raspberry flavoured carbonated alcohol beverage.

Ew no, no, no, even the smell of real raspberries upsets my stomach. The worst part is people tell me all the time I'm missing out on the best flavour. :(

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Hmmm... food allergies... I think I am allergic to seafood, will just get rashes later on if I eat a lot, nothing too special.

However, I have a pretty weak stomach, I get diarrheas eating practically everything, however, I am used to it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Eat more red meat and green foods. Except pears, no pears.

Red meat? I rarely eat them, cos I cannot eat Beef due to religion reasons, and I think Pork is under white meat right? Not sure about it, but I mostly eat Pork only.

I eat a lot of green foods as well, my entire bowl is almost full of vegs, but maybe its because I eat too much green apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back