• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What did you name your character and rival in Pokemon Yellow?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
I'm pretty sure even though Yellow version loosely follows the anime his name is Red because the Red you fight in G/S/C HG/SS has all the starters fully evolved and Pokemon yellow is the only version where you can get all the starters and i'm also guessing Red's Pikachu in the fight is also the Pikachu you get in Yellow.

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I named my named my self my name and my rival Jack. one time borrowed a friends pokemon game ( a newer gen) and named both characters innapropriate names (my name was a funny word, and the rivals name was a swear word lol).

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
I always named myself Ash and my rival Gary was i was little, and always got mad at people who didnt. That was before i learned it was Red & Blue...or is it Red & Green?

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I used to put my name as spazzy and my rival as my friend from real life

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I named myself after my real name (which starts with an A), and I named my pikachu Spark. I kept the rival's name Gary because I didn't had a good name for him at the time. lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I named my main character Yellow, As for rival, I named him Jerry. Was watching Tom & Jerry at that time, and couldn't think of anything better. xD

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
My name was River and my Rival's name was Justin. He was my best friend at the time, therefore, he was always my rival in Pokemon games.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2015
It's probably too rude to post here x) I'm one of those highly immature players who likes to give my rival some pretty messed up names :P

this. I always named mine so i giggled whenever they showed up. They act all badass... do you even realize your name is farthbreath!!?!>?!

~Hikozaru~

Chimchar Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I named mine Mhm Gurrrrl just because I liked to see all the people go "Mhm Gurrrrl!"

Years
I used name's that correspond to the game, If i was playing Red then my named was Red and Rival Blue and the same went for every game

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
Years
my character name is Kyo and my rival name is Iori.I name them based of King Of Fighter series so thats my first name for ASH and GARY......

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
Years
I always used my real name for my characters. When I first started I named the rival Gary (in Yellow), then as I grew older I used expletives (Silver and Ruby). Now I use silly names like Fred and etc.

Sorry if your name is Fred. XD

Back