• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon double battles strategy analysis

kokotko

雷君
Years
Hello there, I think this thread is one of its kind, so let me introduce an interesting game, not only requiring you to google something out, but also to think deeply about strategy...like a proper trainer(now be a hero)!
It goes like this: A poster thinks up a battle combination for both virtual challengers, that means all 4 Pokemon, as double battles are more challenging to analyze. Then he posts it and the second one has to analyze the battle situation, assuming that the Pokemon are all at level 100 and know whichever NATURAL moveset(no TM/HM) you choose. Describe how could the battle flow, don't favour any side, give it all you've got! You can also give comments on other people's analysis...just keep the thread clean of uncertainties! Let me give you an example case :
1. Poster
1. Glalie, Alakazam
2. Absol, Magmar

2. Poster
Analysis: The order of Pokemon:
1. Alakazam will use Psychic, on Magmar as Absol is immune
2. Magmar will use Fire Blast on Glalie, making it faint...as Alakazam can't stand against Absol alone, trainer 2 wins!
So that's how it goes!
Here comes the first one for you:
1. Raichu, Abomasnow
2. Sneasel, Quagsire

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I'd like to give this a whirl...

1. Raichu's only choice is to attack Sneasel. And it uses Volt Tackle.
2. Quagsire uses Earthquake, hitting everyone in the battlefield. And Raichu faints, because it's a Ground-type move, and Eletric-types fall in the hands of one.
3. Abomasnow's the only one in the first trainer's team...and so, it struggles to keep moving on...and is beaten by Sneasel. The second trainer wins.

My turn to post a team!

1. Electivire and Magmortar
2. Simisage and Simisear

Elements1

Meh
Years
Both 'Sages would go against Electivire because the most damage could go against him
Electivire would survive for 1 attack and uses thunder on simisear while magmortar faints simisage
Simisear would use acrobatices while magmortar uses hyper beam
Team 1 wins

Blastoise and Charizard
Simipour and Monferno

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Blastoise Hydro Pumps Monferno (It's down!). Charizard Air Slashes Simipour. Simipour Scalds Charizard (It's down!). Blastoise Bites Simipour. Simipour Scalds Blastoise (Desperate, eh?). Blastoise Bites Simipour (It's down, I think!). Blastoise and Charizard Win!

Dialga & Palkia VS Ho-Oh & Lugia.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Palkia Surfs Ho-Oh. (Its Down). Dialga uses Draco Meteor on Lugia. Lugia uses Aeroblast on Palkia. Palkia Surfs Lugia and its down. Trainer 1 wins.

1. Infernape and Pikachu
2. Electivire and Drapion.

Basically Ash vs Paul.

kokotko

雷君
Years
Okay guys, I'm here again, thanks for participating ^_^ I like your strategies and this time I'm gonna analyze your setup, Aryan :3

Infernape is the quickest one and assaults Electivire (lower defense) with Flare Blitz, causing major damage.
Drapion responds by Crunching Pikachu, confronting its miserable defense with high attack and STAB combo, most likely 1HKOing it.
Electivire follows by using Thunder on the remaining Infernape and he now has to face the entire team by itself...
Infernape will most likely finish Electivire off in the next round of attacks, but Drapion will now have an easy prey.
If Pikachu somehow survived the Crunch of Drapion, it will deliver some damage to Drapion by using Thunder on him.
The only chance for Ash to win would be having luck on his side or doing some of his frequent and stupid tricks used in anime xD
Paul is the predictable victor here.

My next suggestion:
Umbreon, Exeggutor
versus
Flareon, Mismagius

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt

Shizariger on EGC
Years
Mismagius starts and uses Shadow Ball on Exeggutor, Exeggutor faints.
Flareon uses Flame Charge on Umbreon, Umbreon with its superior defences survives with ~75% HP left.
Umbreon proceeds to use Confuse Ray on Flareon.

NEXT TURN
Mismagius tries Shadow Ball on Umbreon, but it does almost nothing.
Flareon hurts itself in confusion.
Umbreon uses Confuse Ray on Mismagius.

NEXT TURN
Mismagius hurts itself in confusion.
Flareon uses Flame Charge, but Umbreon survives with ~49% HP left.
Umbreon uses Toxic on Flareon.

Umbreon proceeds to wall the two opponents until it wins.

Next battle!

Crawdaunt and Parasect
Vs
Camerupt and Sunflora

Back