• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon religion are you

Who is the PokeGod

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
They're two pokemon religions one believes that mew is the ancestor of all pokemon one that arceus Is the 1st and created everything. the pokedex entries in platinum contradict each other \
Arceus:
It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.
Mew:
Because it can use all kinds of moves, many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of Pokémon.

So who do you think is the PokeGod
446px-493Arceus.png

Arceus The alpha pokemon or
590px-151Mew.png

mew the phantom pokemon

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Arceus.

Mew has never shown any sign of truly being the ancestor of all Pokemon, unlike Arceus who has. (Sinjoh Ruins)

In the Pokemon world, scientists believe it is the ancestor because Arceus is near god-like, meaning some of them are likely to believe Arceus does not exist. (Though we know it exists) My personal thoughts are that Mew are just very special Pokemon that can learn any move. But seeing as how we know Arceus CAN create Legendary Pokemon because of HG/SS, and it being located in the mysterious "Hall of Origin", when you compare the powers of Arceus and Mew, Arceus is the one that fits the "ancestor" or rather "creator" role more than Mew.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Nobody thinks that GF did this in order to create a debate? It's like the real religions, fighting to see which is the true one. The difference is that both Arceus and Mew exist. So there can be Mew's devotees and Arceus' devotees. I couldn't decide which one is the real god, but, there can't be two gods? One just creates the shape (Arceus) and the other one just gives them life (Mew, because of the DNA thing). It's just a theory. Anyway, I'll vote for Arceus because it's the only one who's been proven as a true god within the games as voicerocker said.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Who cares enough for this to become a full-fledged debate? They're not REAL religions XD

I guess I'd be a mixed bag. Maybe Arceus made Mew and then from there Mew became the ancestors of all Pokemon or something idk lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Mew is Adam/Eve while Arceus is God. Mew is the Ancestor. Meaning it is an older Pokemon, like how Aztecs and Mayans are the Ancestors to today's South America. No one ever said Mew was a God. Unlike Arceus who was said to have created the universe and Pokemon.

Most likely Arceus created Mew who then evolved into the many Pokemon species we have now.

You just got your words confused.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
to quote a pokedex Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.
meaning mew has arceus, and arceus was never proven a god it the event in HG/SS he made one of the creation trio with HELP from the Unown

I actually have developed a theory about that. I believe the Unown are Arceus's own energy manifested as Pokemon, which is why they are present when something like creating a Legendary Pokemon occurs, or in the anime when Dialga and Palkia first being fighting. Arceus is using the Unown's power (the power to warp reality) to create a new being without breeding, and possibly as the "DNA" of the universe since they are in the shape of letters and symbols. They serve to keep the order. The Unown are mysterious and have never served a real purpose, but Arceus is the only Pokemon to be linked to them.

Also, consider that Arceus has Multitype, which allows it to be any type. The Unown's only move is Hidden Power, a move that also can be any type. The Unown to me seem more like they hold the massive energy Arceus once had when the universe was created, which explains why it has BST of 720 when Mewtwo has 680. It's still higher, but not by much. Perhaps this serves as a way for Arceus to keep its own power in check while still remaining the most powerful (and allowing us to use such a potentially powerful Pokemon in battle without it being total overkill).

Mew however, other than learning every move thing and its Pokedex entry, has never shown traits of being the ancestor. It's never mentioned outside of the Pokedex and the anime never calls it that to my knowledge, as they only refered to it as the rarest of all Pokemon in Gen 1. The games seem to only imply it is an extremely rare Legendary Pokemon that MIGHT be the ancestor of Pokemon. (However, the Pokedex only states that "it is said that Mew contains the DNA of all Pokemon", which is not stating it as a fact. If the games had expanded on Mew's origin more like they did Arceus, perhaps there may be a case, but right now I just see Mew as a really special and rare Pokemon, not the Pokemon ancestor.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Arceus... there has been several episodes and a movie about him being the Pokémon God... also says in the game... he has the highest stats too... not to mention his signature move is Judgment...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Mew is Adam/Eve while Arceus is God. Mew is the Ancestor. Meaning it is an older Pokemon, like how Aztecs and Mayans are the Ancestors to today's South America. No one ever said Mew was a God. Unlike Arceus who was said to have created the universe and Pokemon.

Most likely Arceus created Mew who then evolved into the many Pokemon species we have now.

This sums up what I was going to say entirely. That, and Arceus was shown to be creating a member of the Sinnoh Dragon Trio in HG/SS even with the help of the countless Unown at the time, just thought that should be pointed out.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years

You just got your words confused.
But doesn't Mew technically have Arceus's DNA within it? Adam/Eve don't have the DNA of God within them, I don't think. Unless I'm a horrible Christian.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
But doesn't Mew technically have Arceus's DNA within it?

That is never proven in the games, nor is it stated anywhere outside of Mew's Pokedex entry, which many people claim is always exaggerated for Legendary Pokemon. People seem to assume Mew's Pokedex entry is true, while most other Legends' entries are false.

Since Mew's ability to learn all moves is unique, this could be seen as what makes Mew Legendary. I think Mew was just given the ability to learn all moves to make it special. Even if it does contain the DNA of all Pokemon, that doesn't automatically confirm it is the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Years
I couldn't decide which one is the real god, but, there can't be two gods? One just creates the shape (Arceus) and the other one just gives them life (Mew, because of the DNA thing). It's just a theory.

This.
Commonly when people hear or see the word "religion" they think "God" as in the Christian God, but ancient societies had many many Gods with one or more being the "Father" God.
Hell I would not be surprised at all if there was an ancient Egyptian God of Door Hinges.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
people assume arceus pokedex entries are true skipping over the fact that in all of his dex entries state myth

But why is Mew's dex entry true? The Pokedex has never confirmed Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, only that scientists THINK it has the DNA of all Pokemon or is the ancestor. This is never confirmed or explored in the games, and the only place where anyone suggests it might be the Pokemon ancestor is the Pokedex.

With Arceus, we have seen it create a Legendary Pokemon with the Sinjoh Ruins event. And every Plate you find in Gen 4 has something about Arceus written on it, plus there were a few people or documents in Gen 4 that referenced "The Original One". And remember, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina's stories were true for the most part. Especially in the case of the "world on the other side of this one" which turned out to be the Distortion World. There are plenty of in-game references to Arceus and its legend, and other events and such that give credit to Arceus's legend where there is no credit for Mew.

Also worth noting, look at where you can find each of them:

Mew - Faraway Island, which is just an island in the ocean hidden away.
Arceus - Hall of Origin, which appears to be a dimension of its own above the Sinnoh region.

Mew is just on an island, but Arceus is in another dimension, similar to the Distortion World/Giratina case.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
where is arecus 1000 arms i own 2 and i dont see the 1000 arms that shaped the universe

That's probably just there to add even more mystery to Arceus. Or as I have theorized, maybe it is a reference to the Unown. Either way, there is much more evidence supporting the believe that Arceus created the world rather than Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Since you said that about Arceus's 1000 arms, where is the proof that Mew's DNA contains the DNA of all Pokemon? There is no proof of that at all, only a Pokedex entry that says it MIGHT have the DNA of all Pokemon based on the fact that Mew can learn every move. The DNA thing is only a theory in that universe that has not been proven and the games have never explored it in any way at all. Mew has always just been there, where Arceus gets Plate descriptions, old documents, and an in-game event that backs up its legend. Mew does not have these things.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
the Unown were made in 1999 arceus was made in 2007 i doubt that is possible

The Wizard of Oz was made years ago. Now they are making a movie telling the story of how he got to that magical place before Dorothy got there. And Pokemon-wise, the Regis were created in Gen 3, and Regigigas was revealed for Gen 4. Just because they were introduced in different Gens doesn't mean anything, however the Unown thing is just my theory. There isn't anything official saying that, however Unown were present in the Rise of Darkrai being seen sent flying every time Dialga and Palkia would strike one another. And Unown are also seen in the Sinjoh Ruins event (which is triggered by taking the movie Arceus to the Ruins of Alph) when Arceus creates a new Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.

Still, there is no evidence supporting the Mew ancestor claim.

Back