• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sorry ShinyNuzlover, we're specifically looking for fakemons not splices or fusions.

A true fakemon can't be bits and pieces of other pokemon, after all! n_n; But hey! You seem like you're really good at spriting, why don't you try spriting one of the designs on the main page? That's a way you can contribute and help us make some real progress! Or, better yet, draw your own fakemon and sprite it! I know you said you aren't very good with custom sprites.. but there's no harm in giving it a shot!

My point is, there's plenty to do around here.. but a fusions aren't something we want. We want true-blooded custom fakemons. Still, thank you for your effort. We definitely appreciate your consideration and your enthusiasm about the project!

We can still use pretty much everything from your post though, save the sprite itself. Turn it into something else and I'm sure we can find a place for your work. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey, as long as they pieces of the sprite are completely custom and there are no traces of original Pokemon, than you're good to go in my book. :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
That looks pretty cool :D
Some parts are kinda off-key, but I like the design.
The name is also pretty suave :D

@Alexial
Oh and about the spring Froslass!
In japanese lore, it's said that women typically wear the tightest clothes during the springtime, because something about "getting closer to nature" or something :P
So basically you see pictures of these kimono ladies wearing ridiculous things.
But in all favor, if it looks weird for everyone you can go right ahead at changing it if you want :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Good deal then! Shiny, welcome to the team! :) Hope you continue to participate!

Ah, that's actually kind perfect because, according to Froslass' flavor text, Froslass came into existence when a woman wandered up to a snowy mountain and never descended. So it's like, maybe it was spring and she was skinny. :O

Speaking of Froslassssssss

xH7shfj.png

woohoo! I must have gone though at least six different color pallets for this one. I... I didn't really know what counted as "Summer" or not. .___.; But I settled on something that isn't nearly as eye punishingly neon as my last 5 pallets.

Aw man, I just realized that I signed it and everything, but I forgot to make the background transparent. Sorry! D;

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Hey Alexial, not to be rude or anything but, I just looked at the first post and didn't see my name under artists and contributers and I was wondering when you were gonna do that. Anyway, I'm working on a new design for a scratch, and I think it's gonna come out pretty good. The design is gonna be a water rabbit. So if you guys wanna give input in the design just let me know. Oh by the way here's a scratch I did last night, Exolsalto, the water legendary-
wvso0k.jpg
The lines are a bit off but if anyone wants to, they can edit it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey Alexial, not to be rude or anything but, I just looked at the first post and didn't see my name under artists and contributers and I was wondering when you were gonna do that. Anyway, I'm working on a new design for a scratch, and I think it's gonna come out pretty good. The design is gonna be a water rabbit. So if you guys wanna give input in the design just let me know. Oh by the way here's a scratch I did last night, Exolsalto, the water legendary-
wvso0k.jpg
The lines are a bit off but if anyone wants to, they can edit it.

Haha, don't worry about it. I still need to update the first post. I do have things to do other than the Pokedex Project, after all. ;) These things take some time and I'm in the middle of recoding the first page (again .__.) to make it even better, so your name will be added with the update.

I could probably get in there and do some editing on your Exolsalto too, if you're looking for that kind of feedback. :)

Years
Hi guys! i'm completely new to this side of the Pokemon community, but i'm eager to jump right in! i have a few ideas for some cool Pokemon, but i don't have the technical drawing skills to communicate my ambition. All the stuff thus far has been great (i especially like the Froslass drawings-epic!) please tell em where i can help (except doing sprite images, i'm terrible at that...)

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
@Nebulat- You could draw pictures on paper and someone could draw or sprite it on the computer. I almost positive Alexial would allow that.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hi guys! i'm completely new to this side of the Pokemon community, but i'm eager to jump right in! i have a few ideas for some cool Pokemon, but i don't have the technical drawing skills to communicate my ambition. All the stuff thus far has been great (i especially like the Froslass drawings-epic!) please tell em where i can help (except doing sprite images, i'm terrible at that...)

Don't worry mate, if you read the "Things To Consider" part of the first post (that is the top post of page 1, something which you should always look at as soon as you visit a thread), that tells you how exactly you can contribute by posting up new ideas, etc. And look at a few of the sprites, they don't have to always look very nice, you just post up your sprite and its design and people (like me) can troubleshoot and make a better version.

Of course, the more vivid visual attraction are the drawings, not spritings, so post your doodles up here even if they suck!

But if you can't draw then I seriously suggest you check out "Things To Consider" in the first post.

The main goal of this project is to have fun, so there's no need to be very serious and all that.

Years
i just drew up something really quick, but i don't know how to upload it from here XP (not to good with computers) i tried to put it as an attachment, but i'm not sure it worked... but anyways, here's the Pokemon

Barrus-the elephant Pokemon
type- Steel/normal
Ability- hover blade (anytime a Pokemon hits it with a physical move, it damages them. damage is equal to 50% of the damage prevented via defense)

HP: 90
Attack: 65
Defense: 125
Sp attack: 60
Sp Defense: 110
speed: 50

Bellua- the Mastodon Pokemon (i don't have any artwork for this one)
type-Steel/normal
Ability- hover blade
Evolves from Barrus at lvl 47

HP:110
attack: 75
Defense: 145
Sp attack: 60
SP defense: 115
speed: 55

Years
sorry to post again so soon, instead of just putting this on my last post, but i was not sure if the attachment would work, and it did! btw i am completely open to constructive criticism of all forms-i want to better my drawing skills. these next three are not colored (because i don't know what colors would look good with them) i like the first one alot (super derpy) and the final one too (very eligent) but i really do not like the second stage.... at all. PLEASE feel free to draw a different version.

Pharum-the baby faerie Pokemon
type- Fairy
ability- magic guard or Natural cure
Gender ratio- 50% male 50% female
Flavor text: A very out going Pokemon, very fond of banging on the pan that's on it's head.

HP: 37
Attack: 32
Defense: 26
Sp Attack: 30
Sp Defense: 35
Speed: 40

Nympharum- the undead Fairy Pokemon (picture is not included, i but i was thinking something similar to mothim-just allot more sinister, possibly with bone armor)
type- fairy/ghost
ability- levitate
If a male Pharum faints while in the lvl range of 25-30, he will evolve after the battle (while fainted) into Nympharum
flavor text: it's extreme hatred for dragon and legendary pokemon is what motivates it.

HP:40
Attack: 75
Defense: 125
Sp Attack: 65
Sp Defense: 116
Speed: 30

Malumpharum- the evil fairy pokemon (the picture i don't like)
type- fairy/dark
Abilirty: Natural cure or Shed skin
when a Female Pharum reaches lvl 16 or above, the use of a dusk stone will evolve it into Malumpharum
Flavor text: when stuck in a bad situation, it will shed it's limbs or rags to restore itself

HP: 38
Attack: 35
Defense: 31
Sp Attack: 60
Sp Defense: 52
Speed: 50

Noxpharum- the dark fairy
type: fairy/dark
ability: levitate AND Natural cure (that's right, two abilities. i don't know if that's possible but it would be awesome if it was)
when a Malumpharum reaches lvl 28, and knows ominous wind (which it learns at lvl 27, or 19 if you don't evolve it right away) it evolves into Noxpharum
Flavor text: hidden behind it's cheerful look, it is a powerful and cunning opponent-beware

HP: 87
Attack: 47
Defense: 67
Sp attack: 147
Sp Defense: 108
Speed: 88

again, i'm very open to people improving my ideas. if you would like to try and make a better version of one of these, please feel free to do so. if you have any suggestions please let me know :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
The information for them looks great Nebulat :D

@all
I've noticed we're missing alot of the "generic" things, which I guess I'll list :P

• Generic Bird, a la Pidgey, Starly, etc
  • 3 Stage insect that evolves slightly faster than the others
  • That annoying cave dweller, aka Zubat
  • Another offset to the above is the 3-stage Rock Type
  • One-stage Normal Type Gimmick, which introduces a new battle mechanic, like Ditto's Transformation, Smeargle's Sketch, Kecleon's ability, etc
  • The "Chansey", or that Pokemon that exists just to get beat up for exp :P
  • Our Pikachu!
  • We also need a new Psuedo-Legendary, which is preferrably a Dragon
I was thinking that maybe we should have either the Pikachu, Chansey, or Gimmick of the Dex be based on PokeCommunity itself, to keep into the spirit that this is a community project :P
Its ability can be something like "Tag-Out", which lets the Pokemon it switches into attack that same turn, which references our sudden leaving and someone elses introduction in the project :D

I miss everyone that went though ;___;

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The information for them looks great Nebulat :D

@all
I've noticed we're missing alot of the "generic" things, which I guess I'll list :P

• Generic Bird, a la Pidgey, Starly, etc
  • 3 Stage insect that evolves slightly faster than the others
  • That annoying cave dweller, aka Zubat
  • Another offset to the above is the 3-stage Rock Type
  • One-stage Normal Type Gimmick, which introduces a new battle mechanic, like Ditto's Transformation, Smeargle's Sketch, Kecleon's ability, etc
  • The "Chansey", or that Pokemon that exists just to get beat up for exp :P
  • Our Pikachu!
  • We also need a new Psuedo-Legendary, which is preferrably a Dragon
I was thinking that maybe we should have either the Pikachu, Chansey, or Gimmick of the Dex be based on PokeCommunity itself, to keep into the spirit that this is a community project :P
Its ability can be something like "Tag-Out", which lets the Pokemon it switches into attack that same turn, which references our sudden leaving and someone elses introduction in the project :D

I miss everyone that went though ;___;

All those ideas you gave are a la magnifique. I really thing that one-stage normal type gimmick is pretty nice.

Maybe a Pokémon whose typing and it's signature move's type change every three turns? That'd be an awesome gimmick for sure.

And sorry for the big dee-lay, I've been busy with stuff so yeah, spare me y'all.

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years

Two new Pokemon I made on the way home from a friends house-

Crogeum-
Type- Electric
Ability-Volt Absorb, Illusion
Classification- the Creator Atom Pokemon
Gender Ratio: --% --%
Flavor Text- Crogeum were created when scientists fused atoms with Ditto DNA as an experiment
Base Stats
HP:50
Attack:52
Defense:41
Special Attack:60
Special Defense:43
Speed:59

Creactor-
Type- Electric
Ability-Volt Absorb, Illusion
Classification-the Creation Reactor Pokemon
Gender Ratio: --% --%
Flavor Text- Creactor are extremely hostile Pokemon. Watch for Pokemon that have one eye angry and one eye joyful for they are Creactor in disguise.
Base Stats
HP:67
Attack:61
Defense:57
Special Attack:79
Special Defense:57
Speed:77

I'd be fine if someone wanted to make a sprite of these. So if you want to, you can.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Not to sound like a ninny or anything, but we kinda already have an atom-like Fake :P

And I should have a Fire Type done in about an hour, merely because we're missing Fire.

Oh, and before I forget again, are we going to go over Slender's sketches?
Some of them look incomplete

Edit:
Here go

It's based on spicy rice! Or you know that red rice you see at markets :P

Name: Fricety, Fried + Rice + Tasty
Classification: Spicy Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Limber, Flame Body
Spicy Flavor Text:
"While rather disgusting, a Fricety's mustache is actually a source of food. It will occasionally shed it's mustache and a new one grows in it's place."
NEW signature move - Spicerize
The User will attack with a pepper-spray like attack if he is not holding a berry, at 70BP
If the User is holding a berry, he will instead "spicerize" it, increasing it's power to 100BP and will always burn the opponent.

Last edited:
Years
Ooh, I gotta say I love that mon^

And sorry I've been absent for a while! I went away for camp last week and only returned yesterday and before that I had driving school which was really draining etc.

ANYWAY, I'll try to be more active in this project! As for what was said a while ago about the rabbit line being a normal fire type line, it doesn't really matter to me! I don't see the fact of it being mischievous as a problem since there are pokemon that literally eat your life force (litwick) so a mischievous starter seems somewhat tame in comparison haha. And we could also put in a line in the pokedex entry that states something like "For those that tame and befriend it, Rabbliflare can become a fierce ally. Those that cross this pokemon will find they have made a grave mistake"

That being said I really don't mind if someone wants to create a new fire starter! I'd love to see what people would create in it's place! :D

Years
I completely agree @sunfished about the pokemon we need. i have come up with a ton of sketches thus far. if nobody minds, i will take the electric type (our pikachu) and if it's okay, the normal type which is killed for XP. sorry about not putting anything out, but my camera is broken, so i have no way of uploading... as soon as i get it back, i will upload a ton. if nobody takes the legendary, i will do that one too, but i don't want to take all the good ones.

Back