• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
You should check out my video in my profile, have a few other great one piece ones from the Enies Lobby Arc, with some great music. One is Bullet For My valentine other is Three Days Grace. [...]

Alright, I'll check it out later.

EDIT: Awesome video. I loved Enies Lobby Arc, especially that battle battle between Gear 2 Luffy and Lucci. D: Jet Gatling for the win. XD

[...]Don't stress over unhatched eggs. You're best off not thinking about it and considering them undecided. Kinda like quantum theory, I guess. If an event's decided but its outcome hasn't been determined, don't bother thinking of it as even being determined.

Since those 6 eggs still have the regular odds, you probably aren't missing anything.

[...]

Very well then. Quantum Theory. XD Good luck on Rotom. =D

Spoiler:

Congratulations on Voltorb.

And welcome, Feline & Deidara, have a good time here. =D

I'm currently at 1356, was busy during the weekend, so I didn't do much hatching, and since March Madness ends tomorrow night at 00:00, I plan to give it the most I got in hatching Eggs. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Alright, I'll check it out later.

EDIT: Awesome video. I loved Enies Lobby Arc, especially that battle battle between Gear 2 Luffy and Lucci. D: Jet Gatling for the win.

Enies Lobby is my favourite arc, has the best story. Look for a video called One Piece Never To Late. Another great video about the story of Robin.

Nothing new from me, been trying to get at least 1 shiny in March but haven't had any luck. Work has been really busy for me so I have lost a lot of time due to it. I will pick up after June once my exams finish.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hi. Congratulations to everyone for all their catches, welcome to all the new members, and sadly I have nothing to update about.

We still love you though. :)

After much long wait (too long), I finally have my first Platinum shiny:

VIDEO

It's Swablu!!

And it was also a pain in the *** to chain!!

Why, I don't know. In Platinum it supposedly has a 30% encounter rate... I finally met my first chain attempt (37) and made it to 40 on about the 8th try. I had to REALLY take it slow and do a wonderful job about what grasses I entered. I assume I was just too experimental during those other times....

However...

There is something I'm beginning to really wonder about, and that is your Trainer ID Score. Someone told me that it affects whether your chain will advance or not, the probability of it when you enter grass...

And, of course, I just got Platinum. My score is/was like 3,800 if that. Very little.

On Pearl it was higher. I did have some trouble there IIRC (Misdreavus, anyone?) at first, but remember, my latter efforts went untested in the forms of Slowpoke, flawless Caterpie, and Grimer (except it broke on the first shiny) and I had fits with the rain thereafter).

So could there be something to this?

I'm itching to try it on Diamond where I should be nearly invincible since I have over a whopping 50,000 Trainer ID Score points, but I don't want to screw over my Magikarp chances, which I'll get back to shortly.

I checked on Pearl and I have double my Platinum score.

But it's probably all just hogwash and bad luck on my part.

But I finally have my shiny Swablu and thankfully the chain did not break so I am going to try and catch many more.

Unfortunately I do not have a participant for March Madness however I doubt any of us would be able to catch Storm Dragoon.

Good luck everyone

Years
Zomg, Demoonica! *glomps*

I have outages like that, too. I was gone for most of the month of Feburary.

You could always go chaining if you need something to talk about.

Years
:O
Welcome back, M'Lady. :P

Dang, grats on that Swablu, DDD. The shiny patch got screwed up in Platinum :3

Hahaha, but not anymore, MM!

Nothing new here, but I'm gonna go chain and Meowth Pickup Train on One Island.
Good luck, all.

EDIT: And my Trainer Score is only 3,200 DDD. But it takes forever to get to 40, let alone the shiny patch. But in my original Diamond, I have... Probably a score of 5-6 Thousand, and that file is much better. But yeah...

I chained some Bidoof today.
I'll put in a link with my next edit.

EDIT #2: Click here to watch the Shiny Bidoof w/Shiny Patch video. I'm content with my newly recovered chaining abilities.

Last edited:

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
It's been a long time since i posted here, and even longer since i had a shiny.
The main reason is that i'd been burned out on shiny hunting lately, i just couldn't find any motivation to do so.

Anyway, today i was chaining pokemon to ev train my shiny magnezone, and the chain ended up breaking, to a shiny bidoof :)

By far not the best shiny in the world, but it's been absolutely ages since i had a random encounter shiny, and i do mean ages.

I'll get pictures up later

I think it's safe to say i'm back, back to shiny hunting :D

dsc00264d.jpg

dsc00265m.jpg

dsc00266o.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
:D

S5030221.jpg

Shiny Ponyta finally appeared to me in LeafGreen after several thousand encounters :D. I turned away from my DS just as I got into the battle. I was busy with something when I heard Ponyta's cry, followed by the shiny sound. I was in total shock, I figured that I'd get either shiny Geodude/Machop(two of the Pokemon I didn't want). I'm very excited that shiny Ponyta appeared instead.

After a fairly short battle, I caught it in my third Ultra Ball(I didn't want to use False Swipe because I didn't know if Ponyta had Take Down, luckily it didn't)

More pictures:

DS shot
Shiny Ponyta, Impish nature
Flash Fire ability and stats

Now I'll be continuing to hunt for my secret shiny in FireRed. I'm hoping it doesn't take nearly as many encounters as shiny Ponyta did. Congrats to new shinies everyone ^_^.

Years
:O
Congrats, to the both of you!
I've re-started Articuno SRing; I'm around 2,450 now.
It'll shine sometime during my Spring Break in 2 weeks. I just know it.
And what high-quality cameras do you all use?! They seem to be fantastic, and I really wanna get one sometime.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Enies Lobby is my favourite arc, has the best story. Look for a video called One Piece Never To Late. Another great video about the story of Robin.

Spoiler:

Will do.

Hi. Congratulations to everyone for all their catches, welcome to all the new members, and sadly I have nothing to update about.

Yo! It's been a while, welcome back. :D

Now all we need is Yami to return and the Big Three shall be reunited again. >D

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Swablu. :D

Spoiler:

Congraulations on the Bidoof. XD

It's been a long time since i posted here, and even longer since i had a shiny.
Spoiler:

Welcome back, good to see you around, and congratulations on the Bidoof as well. :D

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Ponyta. :D Winner for the most "Non-Chained" Shiny Pokemon caught. XD

Only an hour and a few minutes left for March Madness to be over (for me at least), then I'll begin a Chain hunt at midnight to take a break from hatching so many Eggs. Later.

Deidara

"Art Is A Bang"
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
wow alot of new shinies you guys, congrats to all of you :D

as for me nothing yet, though i dont think anyone has admitted me into the club either.

just do it whenever you get the chance.

Good luck everyone

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
im gonna give up on catching shinys im still gonna stay a member in this cclub but im gonna just give up for now

Well... it's always nice to take a break, but I live by "never give up" when it comes to shiny hunting. It has brought me many goodies, including my shiny Totodile, Grimer (the good one), Gligar, Swablu, Buneary, Misdreavus... too many to count.

When you get back at it, be sure to keep at it! It pays off!!

Wow... congratulations everyone... again, when you get hot, you get hot I guess! o_0;

I hope I can break my slump now. After I'm done with Swablu, I'll move onward to a new bird, my original Platinum target.

Speaking of that... yes. The Trainer ID score.

On my other Pearl, I checked and I have about 6,000+ and remember how I strangely breezed to 40 with Caterpie on the first try?

I'm anxious to test this stuff out, but do not want to jeopardize my Diamond's Magikarp hatches..

But anyway, looks like we're 3 - 0 when it comes to people not liking Platinum's shiny patch.

It's just harder to notice compared to D/P's where it really pops off the screen at you. Platinum's seems faster and just weirder...

So, uh, good luck everyone... Looks like that's working. o.O

.... I nigh have a single entrant for March Madness!! What is this blasphemy?!?!? T_T

I do, however, have a couple new non-chainable targets on the GBA games, so... yeah. I do those when I don't have time for anything else.
It'd be awesome to just randomly get them since I'm not really trying.

Years
Lol @ Proud of its power

Shiny Bidoof is the endbringer. Strangely, I also broke my shiny Snorunt chain on a shiny Sneasel in a Free+1 patch. o_.

And what high-quality cameras do you all use?! They seem to be fantastic, and I really wanna get one sometime.
Canon PowerShot A720 IS, 8.0MP, 6x optical zoom, full manual and auto.

Now all we need is Yami to return and the Big Three shall be reunited again. >D
What? Big three? The true heroes of this club are ryan, Aaryn, and SkinnyGreenMan. If only we still had them around. u__u;

as for me nothing yet, though i dont think anyone has admitted me into the club either.
Uhh, okay, looks like LDD's dramatic entry caused me to skim over your post. Welcome to the club!

March Madness has ended and I have no shiny Rotom yet, but I will keep trying. Or go chain something. :P I still have that list of secret Radar targets I need to plug through when I'm bored.

I also was able to successfully tweak to enter the infamous black void, so I might go SR a Shaymin. (Glitches are counted here, provided they don't involve any external devices or enhance your odds substantially. The latter may class them as Cert Shinies.) Despite this, I might just wait for the Platinum wi-fi events anyway, since they're probably close, to stay in the clear for environments where glitches are banned.

Years
I have a shiny Jirachi

I caught it in a Heavy Ball
I'd get one from the white rock in Mossdeep, but my rocket launch count has already passed 100. :( GJ with the Heavy Ball. Doesn't it take two weeks to grow a Black Apricorn?

In other news, it's come to my attention that Platinum's RNG is abusable in similar ways to Emerald's. (It doesn't prevent the legitimate capture of shinies, nor does it occasionally dish out lucky savefiles, but nonetheless, is still predictable.) Therefore, any shinies from Platinum found by exploiting the RNG will be considered cert shinies, so only one (period. across all species and savefiles) may be counted for credit. If exploiting the RNG involves using external devices to find your secret ID, shinies found in this way may not be counted at all.

Use of Masuda's Rule for breeding, on the other hand, is completely acceptable and encouraged. It seems that amidst this research, they've confirmed (finally) the existence of a shiny odds boost when breeding Pokémon from foreign games. The odds of hatching a shiny in this case are approx. 1 in 2048. (Be careful when choosing your parents though! Just trading an egg to a foreign game and hatching it there doesn't change its region for these purposes, despite having a foreign nickname and OT. The parent Pokémon must bred/caught on the foreign game.) It hasn't been mentioned whether or not this works on D/P or just Platinum, but I'd expect it works the same way on D/P since Jun'ichi Masuda posted the blog long before Platinum's release.

Hello shiny Skorupi. (still breeding Chikorita in Emerald just for the principle of the matter, and for GenIII access)

Years
I didn't want it to come to this. Dammit. I will not take one look into this, unless it somehow prevents me from getting shinies. Or, for the most part.

I reported that post before I knew it was you, DDD. Now I'm glad I hit that button!

xP

Nothing new for me; I did a few more Articuno Soft Resets today, but nothing major will go down until Friday. Speaking of big-time SRing, how many SRs can be done per minute in FireRed/LeafGreen?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I didn't want it to come to this. Dammit. I will not take one look into this, unless it somehow prevents me from getting shinies. Or, for the most part.

I reported that post before I knew it was you, DDD. Now I'm glad I hit that button!

xP

Nothing new for me; I did a few more Articuno Soft Resets today, but nothing major will go down until Friday. Speaking of big-time SRing, how many SRs can be done per minute in FireRed/LeafGreen?

That wasn't me, it was Tordoko or whatever that name was. XD HE MUST'VE CHANGED IT TO ME! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(blatant 1st day of the 4th month joke)

I'd get one from the white rock in Mossdeep, but my rocket launch count has already passed 100. :( GJ with the Heavy Ball. Doesn't it take two weeks to grow a Black Apricorn?

Thanks. Yeah, it took a long time... :D

Use of Masuda's Rule for breeding, on the other hand, is completely acceptable and encouraged. It seems that amidst this research, they've confirmed (finally) the existence of a shiny odds boost when breeding Pokémon from foreign games. The odds of hatching a shiny in this case are approx. 1 in 2048. (Be careful when choosing your parents though! Just trading an egg to a foreign game and hatching it there doesn't change its region for these purposes, despite having a foreign nickname and OT. The parent Pokémon must bred/caught on the foreign game.) It hasn't been mentioned whether or not this works on D/P or just Platinum, but I'd expect it works the same way on D/P since Jun'ichi Masuda posted the blog long before Platinum's release.

Hello shiny Skorupi. (still breeding Chikorita in Emerald just for the principle of the matter, and for GenIII access)

Thank you. T.T

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

NOW TO GET A FOREIGN MALE MAGIKARP FROM THE GTS AND SWAP IT INTO THE DAY CARE AND PRAY!

That'll work, right?

Oh man..... I'm feeling giddy. I feel so much closer to what I've worked so hard for.....

It'll still take some work, but I'm willing to do this...

And as far as Platinum's RNG goes, I won't be exploiting anything. It's too confusing to me and I can just chain. =\

Wait. This better not be some cruel, last minute April's Fools Day joke. >_>

Back