• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite me like one of your French girls

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Guess what guyz. I've finally started a new line of Pokemon. :D I needed more ice types, so yeah... Fine we have Mentock, an Ice/Rock type Pokemon.
mentock_by_superjub-d4b77ds.png

Then there is Monstice, the evolution of Mentock.
monstice_by_superjub-d4bgand.png

Additionally, I messed around with Crymension palette, and I came up with this...
now_even_more_depressed_by_superjub-d4begrv.png

I think it makes it look much more serious, and I kinda like it. I changed the shading a bit as well.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Just something new I've been working on. It's some pixel art featuring Fangrow and Snurish. :3
snaaaaaaaakes_by_superjub-d4asbu4.png
That's some really good background. Except for the clouds, I guess. They're not bad, but they don't feel natural to me, with this scattered grey in them.
The fakes look somehow... 'juicy'. Lol. It's the colours, I guess, but nice shading. I guess I can't add anything more right now, I have to lay down for a while. Expect more critique soon, Retribution!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
That's some really good background. Except for the clouds, I guess. They're not bad, but they don't feel natural to me, with this scattered grey in them.
The fakes look somehow... 'juicy'. Lol. It's the colours, I guess, but nice shading. I guess I can't add anything more right now, I have to lay down for a while. Expect more critique soon, Retribution!

Finally someone posted! xD

I have to agree with you (I don't argue much, do I? XD) I was very minimalistic with the clouds. I'll get round t editing them in a bit. :) And I see what you mean about the colours. XD At least they're not boring. :P Enjoy your lie down. :)

Update time! :P

I revamped one of my older works, something for the isometric project a while back. I really just wanted to get back to spriting in the isometric style (I find it fun. XD IDK why. :P) Anyway, here it is. :)
a_new_model_by_superjub-d4bgumm.png

I also revamped Titaneon to give it a bit more character.
titaneon_revamp_by_superjub-d4bgosp.png

I finished the final evolution of Mentock. It's called Yetice, and it's Ice/Fighting. :)
yetice_by_superjub-d4bhrsm.png

And on a miscellaneous note, here is a timeline I made showcasing how much I have (hopefully ;)) improved.
Spoiler:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just something minor I did recently~

isometric_inn_by_superjub-d4bkcva.png

It's an Inn in isometric style. I kinda c/p the bricks though. :L What, I'm lazy. XD For some reason, I love spriting in isometric style. XD

Also...
miking_by_superjub-d4bq7jk.png

The evolves form of Magnero and the final form of Aprentive. It is named Miking (magnet and viking).

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Guess what guyz. I've finally started a new line of Pokemon. :D I needed more ice types, so yeah... Fine we have Mentock, an Ice/Rock type Pokemon.
mentock_by_superjub-d4b77ds.png

Then there is Monstice, the evolution of Mentock.
monstice_by_superjub-d4bgand.png

Additionally, I messed around with Crymension palette, and I came up with this...
now_even_more_depressed_by_superjub-d4begrv.png

I think it makes it look much more serious, and I kinda like it. I changed the shading a bit as well.
I see some proportions issues here... also the ice. You can have less cracks in it and still hint it as ice. Play around with the shading a little instead of using internal outlines, you know what I mean?

Crymension came out pretty good, though. Nice curves and shading.

Update time! :P

I revamped one of my older works, something for the isometric project a while back. I really just wanted to get back to spriting in the isometric style (I find it fun. XD IDK why. :P) Anyway, here it is. :)
a_new_model_by_superjub-d4bgumm.png

I also revamped Titaneon to give it a bit more character.
titaneon_revamp_by_superjub-d4bgosp.png

I finished the final evolution of Mentock. It's called Yetice, and it's Ice/Fighting. :)
Dat robot. It changed so much; it's practically a great isometric sprite. Only flaw I noticed is that the legs are stached too much on the front, literally making the robot lose balance if left somewhere-anywhere.

Titaneon's got style. Really neat job here.

Yetice, eh...if that grey thing's fur, then you're doing it wrong xD Fur has a more pointy outline here and there, and it definitely is brigther than that. Well, if it's not a fur then okay, my bad. You could also improve the face a bit.

Just something minor I did recently~

isometric_inn_by_superjub-d4bkcva.png

It's an Inn in isometric style. I kinda c/p the bricks though. :L What, I'm lazy. XD For some reason, I love spriting in isometric style. XD

Also...
miking_by_superjub-d4bq7jk.png

The evolves form of Magnero and the final form of Aprentive. It is named Miking (magnet and viking).
Really impressive isometric work, once again. Still, unless you wanted that chimney to make a Mickey Mouse-shaped smog, then you need to work on it a bit. And, for the sake of an inn's size, it should be rather bigger, or at least longer on the sides.

Finally, Magnero. Wow, this sprite is...weird, I don't know how to put it. Firstly, the post is really stiff and immobile. Try a more dynamic approach, like this, for example:
wwci87.png
stick figure ftw.

You need to work on the head, mate. I see a bean with horns and eyes and a mouth, but anyway, you know you can do better than that. I mean, look at titaneon. What happened to this poor bull, then?

Anyway, the palette and outfit are cool, heroic, so I guess they're a good fit.

Until next time, pal! Good job once again!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Thanks for your comments. :) I redid Miking and hopefully it loks better.

It is quite different. XD It fits more into the 64 x 64 limit now, though. :)

Also, I changed Yetice's palette and redid some of the fur. :D
It definitely is brighter. XD

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Thanks for your comments. :) I redid Miking and hopefully it loks better.

It is quite different. XD It fits more into the 64 x 64 limit now, though. :)

Also, I changed Yetice's palette and redid some of the fur. :D
It definitely is brighter. XD
Yetice looks cooler by miles now! Even though the head still looks like it needs fixing to me.

Miking, though... you should take your time and work on it, there's no need to hurry. The new sprite still has a very awkward head and now the arms are a lot smaller.

Here, I made a head to get you into the groove:

2dcbpyp.png

See the difference? Bull's eye head. And the horns have the correct size and direction now-facing the player along with head. It's not something detailed, though, just a casual example.

Good luck.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
You're right, I did rush it a bit. :\ ABout the size though, I thought the original was a bit too big (it barely fit into the 64 x 64 limit that I use, as I try to go for R/S/E/Fr/Lg types of sprites.) But I do think I need to find a balance between too big and too small. Also, that's a pretty cool head, so thanks! :D

As for the face, I tried to give it a mask-like feel, plus the reference I used had a smilar kinda of face. I'll see if I can make it look more Pokemon-like though.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I have to admit, I didn't use the head since I wanted something smaller, although the head I made is heavily influenced on the one you made. :P Anyway, hopefully iy's a bit better. I also went and made the platelegs look a bit more realistic~

Now to hopefully move onto something else. XD

Additionally, here's something I uploaded to DeviantART a couple of days ago. Just some MLP stuff~

taste_the_rainbow_by_superjub-d4bwv84.png
Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over
lots_of_balloons_by_superjub-d4c05cp.png
Pinkie Pie's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I have to admit, I didn't use the head since I wanted something smaller, although the head I made is heavily influenced on the one you made. :P Anyway, hopefully iy's a bit better. I also went and made the platelegs look a bit more realistic~

Now to hopefully move onto something else. XD
I didn't make that head to replace your sprite's, I made it to show you the difference. Anyway... the head looks good now, indeed. But we still have a lot of issues. Leg proportions (the one that bends mostly) the royal cape, the arms and the... what the hell?
Does he have a blue d... oh my GOD.

So I took the liberty of editing the sprite in a few areas. The result:

14ceiw9.png

It's your sprite, you do whatever you want with it. It's a final evo, don't be afraid to go close to the size limit. Besides, it's supposed to be a beastly-royal-warrior-thing, right?

Additionally, here's something I uploaded to DeviantART a couple of days ago. Just some MLP stuff~

taste_the_rainbow_by_superjub-d4bwv84.png
Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over
lots_of_balloons_by_superjub-d4c05cp.png
Pinkie Pie's Cutie Mark Pixel-Over
These are really good. Being pixel-overs, I don't have anything to say, only that you should have used a darker color for the balloon ropes.

Until the next time, cheers!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I preferred your head, to be honest. :) As for your edits, they are amazing imo. They give it so much character. You don't mind if I use it? I'll credit you as an editer. It just looks too amazing to pas up. It's such an improvement. :D Thanks so much, by the way. :D

As for the balloon strings, they are pretty light in the original...
Spoiler:

Not that that's an excuse, however. I'll try and make them stand out a bit more, since I agree that the moment, they are barely noticeable. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hi guys! :) Sorry for not keeping you updated. :(

Anyway, I've tweaked the Grass/Dragon to make it look more dragon-like.
____and_you_ben___d_by_superjub-d3e6ro7.png

Some Halloween pixel art. :)
pumpkin_season_by_superjub-d4d1caf.png

And a pumpkin-based Fakemon.
pumpkini_by_superjub-d4e90de.png

I hope you guys like it! ^^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
I know this might sound just stupid and not truly helpful.. but I gotta say it. A disco duck might be the best fakemon idea I have EVER seen. I gotta say im a little sad to see disklett go in the newer dex... maybe if u feel both evolutionary steps are too similar one could rock a feathered back Farrah Fawcet style instead of a fro... just trhowing it out there...

Also love the tiki idol. Also, the newer sprites are a lot more crisp and some poses like Mountle are really a huge upgrade. Very nicely done.

the one i have a bit of beef with is Titaneon, the mouth looks a bit awkward and the shading on the bottom of the first curve kinda makes him look like hes hollowed out or like a tape-style body on the top segment. I,m not sure im explaining what i mean correctly :/

Anyway, they are all really great and u really have some really creative ideas! I cant wait to see more.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I know this might sound just stupid and not truly helpful.. but I gotta say it. A disco duck might be the best fakemon idea I have EVER seen. I gotta say im a little sad to see disklett go in the newer dex... maybe if u feel both evolutionary steps are too similar one could rock a feathered back Farrah Fawcet style instead of a fro... just trhowing it out there...

Also love the tiki idol. Also, the newer sprites are a lot more crisp and some poses like Mountle are really a huge upgrade. Very nicely done.

the one i have a bit of beef with is Titaneon, the mouth looks a bit awkward and the shading on the bottom of the first curve kinda makes him look like hes hollowed out or like a tape-style body on the top segment. I,m not sure im explaining what i mean correctly :/

Anyway, they are all really great and u really have some really creative ideas! I cant wait to see more.

Hi! :) Thanks for posting. :) As for your first point, I agree, sadly. Disklett was rather rushed, and I will get round to revising it at some point.

Thanks. :) The tiki idol wa pretty hit and miss (some people liked it, some people didn't) and I'm just glad you like it. :)

As for Titaneon, I'll have a look at the things you've pointed out. It's pretty late here, though. So I probably won't get round to fixing it until tomorrow. :S

nosepass

Awesome Person
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2011
those are incredible! there is no way you could of made those!!!!! i love dem allllll<33333

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I think it's okay for me to update my own post. Anyway, I'd just like to comfirm that I'm not dead- I just haven't been very active at PC for a while, and continuing this thread should hopefully change that. I have been spriting despite not being very active though, and I've updated the first page with loads of new stuff, so if you want to check it out... *hint hint* :P Anyway, I'll try harder to keep this thread alive this time around. :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Awsome stuff! I like them very much.

Thanks a lot. :D

Anyway, a couple of things to update, I guess.
Here's Amorial's backsprite.
amorial_backsprite_by_superjub-d4r7954.png

And here's some overworld sprites for Lizleaf.
lizleaf_overworld_sprite_by_superjub-d4r78ur.png

Give credit if used, and enjoy and comment. :D

I've updated the first post accordingly, as well as adding some older stuff that I believe is still relevant. :)

Last edited:
Back