• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tileset Editing (R/S/E/FR/LG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
So, there's no way to do this without needing to re-color the tiles you want to insert to match the palette, right? If so, that's gonna be hard.

EDIT: Don, how come when I put in the tile, it just looks like this on AdvanceMap's Tile Editor:
f_TileSetEditm_ba5e747.png

The tile's colors don't match with the palette's.

Years
@Speedonh: Hmmm... If you just put tiles on the sheet (Tiled properly, I might add), it should turn up (And make sure to make them the proper pallette).

@Marz: Christos answered it for me. (I still sent you a PM, though)

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@Speedonh: Hmmm... If you just put tiles on the sheet (Tiled properly, I might add), it should turn up
how do i put the tiles on a sheet an tile them properly? sorry if i'm being a pain but i really want to learn how to "tile" btw thanks for your help so far!
Thankyou

Years
What I mean by that is place the tiles on the sheet so they properly appear in AM. The tiles are 8x8 pixels. So, in oreder to tile properly, you need to figure out where the tiles need to go so they appear correctly in AM.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
What I mean by that is place the tiles on the sheet so they properly appear in AM. The tiles are 8x8 pixels. So, in oreder to tile properly, you need to figure out where the tiles need to go so they appear correctly in AM.
but how do i put the tiles on a sheet if i can't save the tileset that i want to edit? i think what may also be another problem is that i downloaded a tileset (not to use but to look at) and now every time i go into block editor that tileset appears on the right along with the messed up sootopolis set i posted earlier. also every time i try to save tileset 0 (the standard one) i get a DIB of the tileset that i downloaded instead. plz help and i'm really sorry if i'm getting annoying. thanks for all your help so far and beyond!
Thanks
-Speedo_nh-

Years
See, the DIB file is the file you are supposed to edit. Have you just been inserting the tileset the way you downloaded it?

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
See, the DIB file is the file you are supposed to edit. Have you just been inserting the tileset the way you downloaded it?
No, i don't want to use the tileset i downloaded, i just wanted to look at it, but now every time i go into block editor it appears on the right. so everytime i try to save the the first tileset i get the tileset i downloaded (which i don't want) and every time i try to save the second tileset, i only get a part of it (like the sootopolis tileset), can u help me out plz, i appreciate greatly your help so far.
Thanks

*EDIT*
Hoorah i figured out the problem, the tilest on the right was the right tileset after all (which is kind of embarrassing) bcos i found the same one in unLZ! but i wud still like to know how to export the compltete sootopolis tileset and not just a tiny section (if i haven't been enough trouble already) thanks for everything and the tut is great!
Thanks!
-Speedo_nh-

*EDIT #2*
I now know that the sootopolis tileset was the entire tileset, as i get the same thing for every other tileset. also after eons of searching i have managed to edit the grass animation. now i am faced with a new problem, i have changed the pallete of the water (from the usual water to pallete 0) changed the tiles so the colours are good and reinserted it with no problems. it appears fine in advancemap with the tiles just how i want them, however, when i test in VBA the colour of the water has changed to a darker colour instead of lighter one and some other water colours are messed up. i went into tile viewer on vba and sure enough all the colours were strange, but the tileset wasn't exactly the same as the one in advance map. so, i would like to know: have i inserted the tileset wrong or is it something to do with the water animation (which i have not changed and do not know the offset for)? Plz help because i'm sooooo close now to finishing off my tileset!
thankyou kindly!

View attachment 36465
These are the water tiles i made

View attachment 36464
This is what shows up in VBA

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
i read all the posts and i followed your insrtructions but still failed.
how do i change the regular pokemon center to this one

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
Okay, i've got my water sorted and all my tiles are looking nice (if i do say so myself XD) but i was just wondering, is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing old ones, bcos i believe i read it somewhere, but have completely forgotten......
thnx

ShadowScizor

Hacker In training...
Years
I believe so.. But even the some of the water is not the right color..

Attachments

• Emerald Tilesets.PNG
    Emerald Tilesets.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 57
  • new map.PNG
    new map.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 92
  • new map2.PNG
    new map2.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 87

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
you have expand your rom and tiles.You should get a clean rom now.Or fix it but it will lily go over 16mb.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
In r\s\e, Use the pallete 1, 2, and 3. I'm not sure about 5. 0, 4 and sometimes other palettes messes up because it has a same color. If you want to know, look at pallette section in VBA. frlg haven't been discovered yet. When I put tileset in unlz gba, the pallete changed 0, and 1. (I check it on advance map).

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
I have the same problem as ShadowScizor:
When I try to insert FR\LG tiles, they're all scratched and ugly.
How do I fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back