• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Harvest Moon Fan Club - Roundin' Up The Livestock!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
HARVEST MOON
Owned by AzaleaLightning

Dum-Da-Da-DAA!
Hello, farmers!
This is a revamp of the previous Harvest Moon club,
which unfortunately died out. We're here to discuss
everything and anything about turnips and cows!
These games have just hit their 15th anniversary
milestone this year so we'll hopefully have plentiful
discussions and the different installments in the series,
including the newly released A New Beginning for the 3DS.
Yes, Rune Factory fans, you're welcome as well!

Rules
- All PokeCommunity rules are to be followed; no exceptions -
- Keep all discussions Harvest Moon-related -

Can I Join?
Sure! As long as you have some basic turnip-growing,
chicken-raising know-how then you're welcome!
Really though, you don't even have to know how
to do that if you want to join, just have fun!

Awesome! Sign Me Up!
Name: Username
Favorite HM Game: Game
Reason for Joining: Reason

Members
AzaleaLightning
voltianqueen
Shining Raichu
MonoSpectator
CharmingAngel30
juan포케몬 영원히
Kirito-kun
SomariFeyWright
h0tshot1025
Urugamosu
Cid
St33lDr4g0n
EvilSkittles
Isamu Akai
roen52
Yusshin
lynds
Cavalreaper
SylphyStarr
Mockingjay
FiersomeLucia
Laugh

Last edited:

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Count me in!

Name: voltianqueen
Favorite HM Game: A Wonderful Life
Reason for Joining: I'm a Harvest Moon fan! Surprise! No, but it's always good to have people to talk about HM with!

Mayor Thomas is the Harvest King!

..So, got any thoughts about a New Beginning, if you have it? I preordered it and got the yak (who is very soft and lovely, by the way). I think the customization options are a nice touch, but having to build every building ever is really annoying to me. I don't want to gather wood and rocks every day...I just wanna farm... I do like how easy it is to make money in this game, though. I haven't played in a while, but I'm going to just stick it out until I'm done with the town, then I guess can focus more on the actual farming.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Added you to the roster! Welcome! ^^

I love A New Beginning, easily my favorite HM game so far. I just got into Year 1 Winter, so I'm not as far as others but I've seen the requirements for building houses and everything and it's... a little overwhelming.

I'm so glad the game starts off slow, if everything was available from the start I think that would have scared me into not playing it! Plus, it gives you a chance to start hoarding all the crazy items you need to build stuff.

Also, I'm having such a hard time making money in this game q_q I'm trying not to ship what I know I need so really the only income I'm getting are from critters and honey, and the occasional crop when I clear out my fridge/storage. I'm so relieved that items don't expire anymore x_x;

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm in! I wanted to join this club the second I approved it but real life circumstances were keeping me away from PC. But now I'm back and ready to rumble! Lets farm!

Username: Shining Raichu
Favourite game: Back to Nature
Reason for joining: Isn't it obvious? :P

A New Beginning - I have honestly never heard of that one. Which console was it for? Is it one of the more recent games?

My favourite is most definitely Back to Nature, it's one of the last HM games to be played in the vintage style before they started adding in all that stuff like having to choose a farm to buy and only being able to plant crops in certain specified areas of your farm. The only game I liked post-switch was A Wonderful Life... beyond that I'm definitely a more vintage Harvest Moon fan.

I'm so old my first HM game was the SNES version! :P

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Ah I'm glad to have you join, Shining Raichu! Thanks so much for approving it, btw :3

I'll add you to the list but you're supposed to add something in the rules to indicate you read them, but I know you'll abide rules and such cx

And A New Beginning is amazing, omg. It just came out for the 3DS last month and it's my favorite game, you can customize how you want your town to look, where streets/building/benches/etc. go and you can really fully customize your character too - change hair color and there's 90 different outfits. I think the slogan for it is 'Customization is key'. It's kind of overwhelming but so fun.

I came in on Harvest Moon about... 1/3 through the series? xD My first game was Save the Homeland on PS2, and it's still one of my favorites for its unique gameplay and because of nostalgia.

On a related note, my mom just texted me, "What are you doing?" and when I told her I'm playing Pokemon, she replied with, "Why not Harvest Moon? HUH, HUH?" My love for Harvest Moon is well-known :p​

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh how awkward, I didn't even read the rules properly hahaha. I'm a terrible mod I should be stripped of my powers immediately! :P

Mayor Thomas is the Harvest King!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I added you anyway, I forgot members can join just by posting xD We're both guilty!

So here's my official welcome c:

I also just remembered that I did a drawing of Harvest Moon things to slip into a binder I'm using to print off guides for the games, I'll have to upload that and edit it into this post.

2n7dpbm.png

Expert editing of my name, there xD

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Name: MonoSpectator
Favorite HM Game: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and Rune Factory 3
Reason for Joining: I've been playing HM ever since I was a little girl and I've loved the game for as long as I can remember. Although, it also was a source of trauma too because of one experience when I discovered at a very young age that your livestock can die in that game. My chickens died and I stopped playing for years because I thought all my animals would die with them XD.

Also, Mayor Thomas is the Harvest King ^^

Last edited:
Years
Count me in!! (i just want to build one, but you already made it!)

Name: CharmingAngel30
Favorite HM Game: Rune Factory 3
Reason for Joining:
Really waiting for this!! I'm a big fan of HM because...i like the boys there!! :3 The girls cute too!!

To the topic,
THOMAS IS THE REAL DEAL OF HARVEST KING!!
Yeah..I see in many thing (the most is the first time you played HM DS)
Thomas is actually amazing and CAN called and summon Harvest Sprite (in HM DS too)
Oh yeah...
Is you here has interest in HM New beginning?
I don't have 3DS, but the boy there's so cool (Neil is the best!!) and many new thing!
Rune factory 4 looks going to be fun battling too~

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It's wonderful to have you two join! Welcome, and take a bag of complimentary turnip seeds c:

MonoSpectator, I love A Wonderful Life! And I can completely relate, in Save the Homeland (my first HM game) whenever my chickens died, which was frequent because I sucked at getting medicine for them, they had a little funeral service and they have a little gravemarker behind the barn, too. It's pretty depressing D:

CharmingAngel30, A New Beginning is SO AMAZING. It's my favorite installment of the entire series, it's just a perfect game to me cx I was originally going to go for Neil, but he's actually pretty mean so I'm going for Rod now ^^;

Years
Yeah, Neil more mean than Vaughnie,
but Neil just.....shy maybeh? I always see that handsome man is rude! >.<

And Rod...WAAA! Kawai-desu!!!
Sanjay much like butler and Soseki..TOTALLY GAY!!

I think that brilliant way you pick Rod~
You know, in this day, i really like to be boy player,
the new boy in HM series become many gay look...

That's why i more pick to marry girl..
I pick..
-___-"
Felicity too hard, Iroha and Yuri looks really amazing, Tina and Michelle SOO KAWAI-DESU!!!
This make me want have 3DS :3
I'm going to save up my money and buy 3DS that around 2,4 million rupiah!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
Name:juan포케몬 영원히
Favorite HM Game:HM Tale Of Two Towns
Reason for Joining:I am A Huge Fan Off HM .I really Happy To Play HM

Kirito-kun

~Minecraft Pokemon NerveGear Developer~
Years
Name:Kirito-kun
Favorite HM Game:HM Tale of Two Towns
Reason for Joining:I am a hardcore fan of HM and i really like to play HM games!

~Mayor Thomas is the Harvest King~

Last edited:

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
Name: SomariFeyWright
Favorite HM game: Friends of Mineral Town (for now)
Reason for joining: Well, I feel that as an obsessive fanboy it is my obligation to hop into the fanclub of my newest interest, Harvest Moon.

I should clarify, all, that I have only played one Harvest Moon game to date, and I haven't even played it long enough for an in-game year to pass.

Nevertheless, I hope to be a nice addition to the fanclub, and will make do with the limited knowledge I currently possess of the franchise.
MAYOR THOMAS IS THE HARVEST KING!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Hello juan, Kirito-kun, and SomariFeyWright!

Juan and Kirito-kun, I'll happily add you two to the roster as soon as you add a little tidbit to your posts from the rules ;P

SomariFeyWright, Friends of Mineral Town is a great game! My first game was Save the Homeland but because of its gameplay it doesn't really count as a standard HM game. Friends of Mineral Town was my favorite standard game, and it's definitely one of the best ones in the entire series, imo c:

The farthest I've gotten in Friends of Mineral Town was to about Year 4 in my very first save file, but I was still pretty new so my fields were still a mess and I didn't have the requirements to propose, despite having Karen at a red heart xc

I picked up More Friends of Mineral Town (the girl version) when it came out and I was more successful in that game by far, I got to Year 5 and married Cliff, and had a daughter named Marie c:

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Hello again '__'

I haven't touched ANB in like a month, I got carried away in other games and such... I still feel like it didn't suck me in D: ! Still, though, I must get back to it. It was $40 after all!

Tomorrow I'm gonna download A Wonderful Life Special Edition from the PS store. Really, I don't think the differences are drastic enough for me to really need to buy it, but...I just kind of want it.
I also played a bit of Back to Nature some time ago, and I liked that one. I married...Mary :3

So what are you guys' favorite aspects of HM? Mine is definitely animals. I always keep lots of them and ship a lot of milk and stuff. My favorite is the horse, and I was happy about how in some of the later games you could keep more than one, esp ToT which has the different colors.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I wanna join!
Name: h0tshot1025 (Hotshot is fine xD)
Favorite HM Game: Harvest Moon : FoMT
Reason for Joining: I want to meet people who loves Harvest Moon too :D

Mayor Thomas is the HARVEST KING!!!!!!

Hmmm. I like FoMT a lot because it is the first game I played in the series. My cousin just let me play it and I was in love. I remember the event with Cliff, I almost made him leave Mineral Town lololol xD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Hello again voltianqueen! I haven't played it in about a week, what with holidays and all xc Ironic time for me to stop playing too, I'm at like Winter 30 in-game xD

Oh gosh! I was considering that just the other day. But, I have my GameCube hooked up to the same TV as my PS3 so that wouldn't be really economical... It'd be so freaking amazing if they gave the old games trophies *o* Plus, it'd be best for me to buy it if I upgrade to a WiiU, because I won't be able to play it anyway! And I have Save the Homeland for PS2 and my PS3 is one of the old ones with backward compatibility so that's covered.

I love the horses! In Save the Homeland that was my favorite animal because of how hard you had to work for it and progressively building speed until you could ride it, then run, then race. I love the dogs too, but it's boring when all you do is feed them and not really interact with them...

Lately though I've been more into crops than animals, the animals have gotten so complicated with the treats and productivity level and everything... :\

Welcome to the club, Hotshot! In my first FoMT file I actually DID make Cliff leave, unintentionally. I was only like 10 and I was trying to woo Karen and I knew she loved wine so I thought the vineyard event would really raise her affection... xD

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
My Wii is messed up right now, it won't read any discs, so I can't play AWL right now(and a friend borrowed AnWL years ago and never gave it back because she never came over again -__-). But for some reason I'm receiving an error whenever I try to purchase something on the Store, so...guess I just have to wait.. '__'

Yeah I do wish you could do more with the dogs and pets. In AnWL you could train the dog, but even that was kind of ehh. I did like that there were a bunch of pet choices in ToT, especially the weasel, since I have a brown ferret in real life :P I'm not sure what else exactly pets would be good for, but...I hope one day they might get some more features!

Lately I've had no choice but to learn more about crops, since I need the cash to get my animals xD On my latest AWL file, I was messing with Tartan to get S-crops, which was really good. I haven't tried getting any of the weird hybrid crops, yet, though. On ANB I've just been growing in a single field over and over to get some extra money.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Name: Urugamosu
Favorite HM Game: I absolutely love Friends of Mineral town, just love it.~ ♥
Reason for Joining: Because I'm quite a big Harvest Moon fan, and I did not know that people shared this same interest, so I'm going to put myself out there and apply! :3

Back