• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Double Battles

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The third generation was the first to include double battles. Double battles were scattered throughout Kanto and Hoenn in the form of two people wanting to battle together. In Emerald, a new feature was included where if two people saw you at once, you'd have a tag double battle. In R/S/E, we also got to have a double gym battle. So did you like the inclusion of double battles? Did you like the double gym battle? What did you think of Emerald's new tag battles?

Discuss

Spr_3r_259.png

So marshy~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
DOUBLE BATTLES ARE THE REASON I BREATHE AND I LOVE THEM MORE THAN SINGLES OR TRIPLES IN GEN V AND I GET REALLY MAD WHEN I MISS OUT ON THE CHANCE TO GET INTO ONE IN EMERALD.

I really like double battles.........

does that answer all the questions

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I love double battles! I'll always try to time it so I can have tag battles instead of single battles. I honestly have no real idea why I like them as much as I do. Maybe just because double battles are twice the fun!

....no that's atrociously cheesy nevermind ew.

Years
I loved the whole concept and strategy of Double Battles, they added that nice new twist to the battling system and the Tag Battles added in Emerald were fun too, and it was glad to see them get retained in later games.

And also there are some Pokemon who perform well in Double Battles, like Plusle and Minun!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I loved double battles, the introduction of them was probably the most wonderful thing Pokemon had ever done after designing Gulpin and Swalot :3. I liked how it tested your strategy and got you thinking more, having two team members to command and the idea and concept of a double gym battle was really interesting. I'm disappointed they haven't brought something similar like that back into future games. :x

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Ah the double battles were probably the best thing added in third gen, I do not think I remember Emerald's Tag battle though...but the sound cool. The double battles were better than triple or rotation battles in V gen.

Years
I loved the inclusion of double battles, as it really added a new layer of strategy into what moves and Pokemon you should use. I still prefer the regular old one-on-one battles to any form of multi-Pokemon battle, but it's always nice to have a refreshing change of pace (plus bringing in characters like Tate & Liza and Gabby & Ty would've made no sense with single battles).

Back