• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
You're allowed to exit Silph Co once you reach the 10th floor, in case you need to level up before the Secretary battle.
That's what you meant by skipping the silph co. quest?

Huh, Nightshade should be giving AP. I'll look into that and see what's going wrong.

no i mean i never made it past the sixth floor and and i was able to leave, but now that i think about it i may have screwed up the game in the pokemon mansion. i used the cell phone and was getting dialog from later quests. after i got back to the hideout i was able to go right to the silph co. mission instead of going to find Redra. When i did exit silph co on accident i was unable to go back in and max was waiting at the pokemon center in saffron before i even triggered the actual quest. i was not able to go into the lower portions of the center i was just told to leave and then when i went back to celedon to try to teleport back into silph i triggered the phone call for the pokemon center mission. I'm sorry for not really explaining what i meant in my previous bug report.

luckily i had made a save from earlier in the game so i was able to get back to silph without much issue. this time i didnt make the same mistake in the mansion and the game ran fine

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Edit: Found a game breaking glitch in Silph Co right after the Secretary battle. Trying to fix it now, right now it'll crash the game after the battle.

Progress: Alright, it looks like there are a few areas where people commonly have problems which are
1: Getting too many checkpoints and accidentally skipping the "Find Clues" quest which also gives you the Lockpick
2: Having too many checkpoints and having to give the pokemon back to Redra immediately after getting it (and sometimes crashing the game)
3: After the Redra Museum quest, returning to those areas can have music problems, crash your game, or show text it didn't (or wasn't supposed to) show before

I've been working on preventing the checkpoint issue by forcing your checkpoints to be a specific number as you progress, so if you had 14 somehow, but talked to Maxx outside the PokeCenter, they would be forced down to 12. And then you could progress as normal.
But for the people who already HAVE the checkpoint issue...
If you complete later quests, and then go back to earlier quests (like finishing the Maxx pokecenter quest and then you go invade and finish Silph co) then you might break your game because you won't be able to get those checkpoints back once they're forced down.

I don't know if this has happened yet, but it's a possibility. If it has happened to anyone let me know and I can figure out a way to fix it.

Also...!​

I've been testing TM/HM stuff and so far it works. If it keeps working I can start including TM's on the 3rd floor of the Department Store and the Game Corner! So you can finally teach your Pokemon more moves than just the ones they've been getting by battling and leveling uo.

no i mean i never made it past the sixth floor and and i was able to leave, but now that i think about it i may have screwed up the game in the pokemon mansion. i used the cell phone and was getting dialog from later quests. after i got back to the hideout i was able to go right to the silph co. mission instead of going to find Redra. When i did exit silph co on accident i was unable to go back in and max was waiting at the pokemon center in saffron before i even triggered the actual quest. i was not able to go into the lower portions of the center i was just told to leave and then when i went back to celedon to try to teleport back into silph i triggered the phone call for the pokemon center mission. I'm sorry for not really explaining what i meant in my previous bug report.

luckily i had made a save from earlier in the game so i was able to get back to silph without much issue. this time i didnt make the same mistake in the mansion and the game ran fine

I'm glad you had an earlier save file!
I've now also fixed Maxx so that just talking to him will correct your checkpoints to 12, since you're only supposed to see him at 12, and if you see him and have more than 12 then something's gone wrong.
And the Pokecenter mission only works at 12.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I re-downloaded the game to play through it on my new computer, and thankfully it actually gave me the lockpick when it was supposed to! Downside is that I have spent the past hour getting "spotted" by the cops in Silph Co. This is very irritating, especially because my best run was ended by a cop seeing me through another cop. I mean... what the heck?! There were two cops facing one another, and I was just about to try and dodge the one I had been following when this other one I hadn't seen yet comes up in front of the 1st and sees me despite the 1st guy being in the way.

I really want to like the game, and most of it is fine, but the statue puzzle in the mansion (albeit simple) is very annoying/time consuming if you don't just follow the walkthrough guide on the 1st page (or have it memorized). This "let's dodge the cops!" 'minigame' is even more so, and there is no "walkthrough" for that one since it's focused on your timing to avoid their line of sight.

Edit: For reference, this was on the 9th floor, in the narrow hallway at the bottom of the screen. Also, something I noticed when I realized I hadn't saved and had to start over from floor 4, those same two cops got stuck on each other after a few times doing their patrol. That was odd.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Where does this end right now? This looks amazing. I've tried some of the rocket hacks, but either they don't get done or they're the original games but just...you know, being a rocket. This looks like a great twist. I also second the idea for awesome hidden hideouts!

Edit: How do I change the keys? It's telling me to push F1, but that's not working.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Where does this end right now? This looks amazing. I've tried some of the rocket hacks, but either they don't get done or they're the original games but just...you know, being a rocket. This looks like a great twist. I also second the idea for awesome hidden hideouts!

Edit: How do I change the keys? It's telling me to push F1, but that's not working.

I don't know about the keys, but from what I can tell, the current content officially ends after you rescue Idra from Cerulean. I got a message on my screen as soon as I finished reading all the dialogue in the aftermath of that saying "and that's all the content for now! Thanks for playing!"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Also, when can I get more than one pokemon? I can't seem to beat anything.

A lot of the trainers seem to be absurdly tough, but that's mainly because you are meant to avoid them. 1 Rattata isn't going to do much against 2-3 other Pokemon. You get a Gastly from Maxx in Lavender town though, and an opportunity to acquire a Chansey during the Saffron Pokemon Center quest. Although, said Chansey can't do anything except heal your party and absorb a few blows.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
A lot of the trainers seem to be absurdly tough, but that's mainly because you are meant to avoid them. 1 Rattata isn't going to do much against 2-3 other Pokemon. You get a Gastly from Maxx in Lavender town though, and an opportunity to acquire a Chansey during the Saffron Pokemon Center quest. Although, said Chansey can't do anything except heal your party and absorb a few blows.

I'm at the lavender tower. Officer Jenny mopped the floor with me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I'm at the lavender tower. Officer Jenny mopped the floor with me.

Yeah, she's tough. That fight is pure luck, IMO. Best thing you can do is just keep starting again and trying. You should eventually beat her. I had to try a few times on my first playthrough as well, so don't be discouraged by Jenny.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Stuff's been rough on this end, school, work, someone died.

I'm putting this here as a placeholder, it should fix the game breaking glitch in Silph Co, and removes the Vulpix battle in Cinnabar that's been causing some problems.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhbdv6z1ste4cvb/RocketRising2.exe

For the Jenny Fight in Lavender, if you're having trouble I would recommend going to the Apartment building in Celadon to where the computer people are, and one of them will give your Rattata a free level.
And then you can also grind a bit in the patch of the grass to the right of Celadon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Love remakes / hacks that bring something new to the table. That is what I am looking to do in my own original game called Guardians Revival of War.

Years
Stuff's been rough on this end, school, work, someone died.

I'm putting this here as a placeholder, it should fix the game breaking glitch in Silph Co, and removes the Vulpix battle in Cinnabar that's been causing some problems.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhbdv6z1ste4cvb/RocketRising2.exe

For the Jenny Fight in Lavender, if you're having trouble I would recommend going to the Apartment building in Celadon to where the computer people are, and one of them will give your Rattata a free level.
And then you can also grind a bit in the patch of the grass to the right of Celadon.
Sorry to hear a person you know died hope you can get threw this and Good luck to you finishing this fan game

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
EDIT as of 10/18: Side stuff is finished, starting work on new Main Plot content stuff now.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bf96255w98ro61p/RocketRising.exe has been updated and is now the most recent version.

Progress: Working on including some new (optional) Rival stuff in Cinnabar.

The Game Corner StolenPokemon rewards should be consistent now too, you'll get a new Pokemon every X (probably 10 but I need to test the pacing of that) and most routes will have at least one or two Pokemon to steal.
You'll get to pick one from a 'set' of three (similar to the original games with the Starters)

The Sets
Spoiler:

If you have any clever name suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!

Sorry to hear a person you know died hope you can get threw this and Good luck to you finishing this fan game

Thanks I appreciate that.

Love remakes / hacks that bring something new to the table. That is what I am looking to do in my own original game called Guardians Revival of War.

Nice, it's always good to see people doing unique things with their hacks and fangames!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
hey whats the total number in safferon pokecenter quest...I unlocked all doors? some of those math problems were hard, but most were fair if you think about them. I also got lucky finding the final password at cinnabar gym, like ghost or bug....which I did not get.... but overall a very fun and good game.... maybe some better clues for your tough puzzles...thanks for reading ill def search through the feed right now and see if the answer is here already thanks

some things to trigger quests
1. the telescopes actually activate a quest in the route buildings...that be something interesting
2. burn viriden forest in someway, maybe to escape somehow....
3. pokemon using tourture to get info team rocket needs
4. I like seto kaiba or yugi have mutated monster that looks like there own yugi alkazam and a couple tanglas as kuribohs and kaiba obviously dragonites mutationg into blue eyes white dragon (maybe say they are coming from domino which is also in japan)
5 clafaries and their love of moon stones, a religious cult of some kind team rocket has to deal with
6 pick a wife out of 3 4 girls or guys you recruit depending on your gender and have them be at your house.
7. more pokemon doing dirty work just look at the 150 and think about how they could make a great cameo in the game

sorry for being a nusince but does anyone else have trouble getting the locke doors to work? I hold the buttons correctly but the door wont open....weirdly I open the celadon one once, but haven't been able to open it again in another save or the lavender one... thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
The number in the Pokemon Center is

Spoiler:

I will check into the locks, but are you holding down all the buttons at once?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
I think I may have found a bug which later on will cause me a problem, I was wandering around while doing the find Redra mission and I went in the houses in lavender town that you need the lockpick for. It appears getting the lab parts in them is a bad idea as when I eventually found out how to continue the story I had to talk to the scientist again and he took them off me repeating the diaoluge from the start of the mission and now I'm at an impasse I can't talk to him without losing the items and yet if I don't I can't continue I have no way of knowing if i can build a teleporter to get rid of them as the second and third trainers are way too tough to beat for my lv 13 and lv 12 team.

Hey supereffective I had the same issue with lavender town locks try using the numpad for the arrows and enter that worked for me on those doors.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Hey supereffective I had the same issue with lavender town locks try using the numpad for the arrows and enter that worked for me on those doors.

hey thanks it worked for lavender town! maybe if you don't unlock celadon hotel during the quest , it wont open afterwards...still don't work for that. thanks for the idea though...the name raider house is great haha pun intended

I did press them all at once, I used the number keys and open lavender.....but celadon is still locked , but maybe it stays closed if you give your 5 clues to the scientist. oh I sent you a private messege on a really great plot idea.. hope my bad spelling don't annoy you to badly. finished your hack.. really liked it...mewtwo looked spectacular , and love how the world progresses as you go farther, don't know whos gonna pop up... the double slow poke mission is a really good idea, you def a supurb rpg maker and pokemon story teller

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
I think I may have found a bug which later on will cause me a problem, I was wandering around while doing the find Redra mission and I went in the houses in lavender town that you need the lockpick for. It appears getting the lab parts in them is a bad idea as when I eventually found out how to continue the story I had to talk to the scientist again and he took them off me repeating the diaoluge from the start of the mission and now I'm at an impasse I can't talk to him without losing the items and yet if I don't I can't continue I have no way of knowing if i can build a teleporter to get rid of them as the second and third trainers are way too tough to beat for my lv 13 and lv 12 team.

Huh, alright are your Plot Checkpoints at 5, or are they at 6? It should tell you when you save your game.

Also, what version are you playing? It should show in the bottom left corner when you start up the game.

I did press them all at once, I used the number keys and open lavender.....but celadon is still locked , but maybe it stays closed if you give your 5 clues to the scientist. oh I sent you a private messege on a really great plot idea.. hope my bad spelling don't annoy you to badly. finished your hack.. really liked it...mewtwo looked spectacular , and love how the world progresses as you go farther, don't know whos gonna pop up... the double slow poke mission is a really good idea, you def a supurb rpg maker and pokemon story teller

Thanks for your ideas! I really appreciate it, and I can probably use some of them!
Glad you're enjoying things like the world progression!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
well I got tricked with the keybored , because I went to f1 to see what I needed to press instead of the actual letters on the keybored. but yeah, hope you saw my private messeges to you on here...really great ideas I thought... another one I had because of your love of puzzles and mutations.....you ever play resident evil, the first one? if not watch it on youtube, you could possibly duplicate the cinabar mansion in viriden forest....and have scientist trying to give people pokemon powers along with mutated pokemon in the place and the ramifications of that.... along with bill turning people into pokemon.... I mean you can do the story and blow the house up with all the evidence...the big thought would be instead of having the most powerful pokemon..be the most powerful pokemon...steal there powers and use them on yourself if it would effect the main plot too much....but resident evil had many great puzzles in it, you can kid it up so its not as bloody and yada yada.. also I think you should consider making the indigo platuo more like a city... I mean the people who work there and the elite fours families must have houses lol. anyways, I really hope you do the plot idea I sent you in your private messeges on this site... I don't want to give that away to anybody but you :D. thanks again for the great game... edit- I also think wesker from those games would be great recruit... I like how hes a scientist but a police cia agent kind of person as well. obviously give him your twist

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Sorry for my compulsion but eventually have Johto gym leader help aid Kanto and have there army pool with a bunch of dragon masters from. Dragons den but put a special mission somewhere hidden very well that chancy gets a special weird mutation that hasn't been discovered yet. A certain mutation ahead of its time. Just a mark I guess. Have a great weekend and christmas

I was playing pokemon dawn dusk. And there's a part where the hero is outnumbered like 20 to one. And has to run. So if they touch you or catch you. U die maybe you run through between cerulean and to rock tunnel and blow up the rock tunnel exit. With the zubats geodudes be epic. Be really fun and challenging .

Sorry at it again. Also having your own house. What about having your own shady gym. You can decorate and the gym progresses as you beat stuff like the story of the gym goes along as you beat stuff . Steal the karate gym haha. Or make another in saffron haha . Oh ps. Do something with the lapras guy in silph and 500 magikarp guy. Love to see what you do with them

Back