• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
AI rarely do the Mystic Artes on their own. Throughout my playing of Abyss I don't think I've ever really seen one launch their Mystic Arte. Maybe once or twice? Could be my fault because I may or may not have set it so their overlimit had to be activated manually but I find it easier to do so. That way I can hold off on using a Mystic Arte for when I really need/want to use it rather than 'BAM oh a random mystic arte from an AI'.

ZeroCracked

Black Aura
Years
For the most part though, only enemy AI such as bosses activate their MA's. Like some others said, it depends on the game. But for the four I've played, Symphonia, DotNW, Innocence, and Eternia (The latter two of which I'm not entirely sure even have MAs), no allied AI character activated a Mystic on their own.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I... don't remember if Genis ever uses Indignation Judgement on his own. Maybe if he just happens to use Indignation while in Overlimit but it's usually not the case because he's generally already in a spell and by the time he starts another spell he's out of it. Colette on the other hand she had totally done Holy Judgement on her own once and it was hilarious and totally unexpected. Lloyd he can't do it. Ever.

Symphonia 2 is another thing entirely (and probably what you were talking about) but with the way you did Mystic Artes in that game I don't think it's possible.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Speaking of Symphonia 2 and Colette, how do you activate her Mystic Arte? I've activated everyone's but hers. Is there a special requirement?

ZeroCracked

Black Aura
Years
I... don't remember if Genis ever uses Indignation Judgement on his own. Maybe if he just happens to use Indignation while in Overlimit but it's usually not the case because he's generally already in a spell and by the time he starts another spell he's out of it. Colette on the other hand she had totally done Holy Judgement on her own once and it was hilarious and totally unexpected. Lloyd he can't do it. Ever.

Symphonia 2 is another thing entirely (and probably what you were talking about) but with the way you did Mystic Artes in that game I don't think it's possible.

I think it's because of the button combo involved with Lloyd's MA in Symphonia. There's just no way he'd do that particular set of movements on his own right.

Yeah, I think so. But DotNW was a rushed game so I could see how they just put in that form of execution without developing it.

But do Eternia and Innocence have Mystic Artes in any form? I know Innocence R does, but I don't know about the DS version.

Speaking of Symphonia 2 and Colette, how do you activate her Mystic Arte? I've activated everyone's but hers. Is there a special requirement?

Make sure you have her "Special" skill on. Then just use a High Spell (I think Judgement worked for me) and just hold the B button when you activate it.

But the MAs aren't all that useful in that game. I'd say in order of effectiveness Zelos' Shining Bind, Lloyd's Divine Justice, Emil's Devil's Hellfire, and Marta's Radiant Roar are the best. Zelos just because it's such a high damaging skill, Lloyd's because it's a harder hit in a smaller area, Emil's because it's easily used in a pinch, and Marta's for it's healing properties.

But Raine's MA Sacred Shine... Man that was utterly useless. It seriously does NOTHING. If I can't see a damage or healing counter it didn't do anything.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I used the same thing as I did to activate everyone else's MA. "Special" was on, I used Judgment (and other moves) and held B (and all buttons possible) but still nothing!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah. That's precisely why the AI can't use Lloyd's Mystic Arte in the first game.

Really? Raine's actually does some damage iirc or at least does some healing properties. I remember using it quite a few times back when I was playing DOTNW. Maybe I might have been using it because it looked pretty, but I'm pretty sure it was doing something. My favorite from Symphonia 2 though was Genis'.

It shouuuuld be Judgement. If it's not Judgement then try Holy Song? In Symphonia you had to use Holy Song for the chance to activate Holy Judgement so it might work the same way in the sequel as well or something. I would have to turn on DOTNW to check myself but I can't do so right now because my sister is watching TV.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think Raine's might revive people who've been KO'd. :s I swear I remember using it from time to time and it being useful. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though?

ZeroCracked

Black Aura
Years
Yeah. That's precisely why the AI can't use Lloyd's Mystic Arte in the first game.

Really? Raine's actually does some damage iirc or at least does some healing properties. I remember using it quite a few times back when I was playing DOTNW. Maybe I might have been using it because it looked pretty, but I'm pretty sure it was doing something. My favorite from Symphonia 2 though was Genis'.

It shouuuuld be Judgement. If it's not Judgement then try Holy Song? In Symphonia you had to use Holy Song for the chance to activate Holy Judgement so it might work the same way in the sequel as well or something. I would have to turn on DOTNW to check myself but I can't do so right now because my sister is watching TV.

Try watching the TP. Maybe it's that.

I think Raine's might revive people who've been KO'd. :s I swear I remember using it from time to time and it being useful. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though?

Hm. Well next time I do a colosseum match I'll test that theory.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
i feel bad. I've beaten Abyss over 7 times already and I JUST found out something new about Jade. "It's just like my eyes. he's carving a fonic glyph in Mohs to gather fonons." So...Jade's eyes are special huh. That's why they're red?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
That's exciting about Xillia. I've heard both good and bad things about it but I do really wanna play it..... because it looks really pretty. 8D
i feel bad. I've beaten Abyss over 7 times already and I JUST found out something new about Jade. "It's just like my eyes. he's carving a fonic glyph in Mohs to gather fonons." So...Jade's eyes are special huh. That's why they're red?
Yeah, I can't remember what it's called but he did something to them when he was a kid so he can gather fonons faster for artes. It's also why he wears the glasses--they help regulate it so his eyes don't go out of control. He doesn't need them for vision because his vision's better than perfect. :P I think there are sidequests that mention it a few times.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-xillia-trademark-also-shows-up-in-us--2048.html

^ There's a possibility that Tales of Xilla might be planned to be released in the U.S and the U.K next month, thanks to a seen trademark that showed up in Europe and the U.S.

Again, there's no guarantee, but, it's... a possibility. :3

Yeah, But all Tales games has Trade marks, doesnt mean it will happen. But you never know im not too excited Xillia isnt particular my favorite, its an "eh, alright" game imo.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Aww. Mohs's voice is de-warped in the 3DS! It's just wrong for him to still sound human after he mutates. I wonder why they changed it? It was fitting for him to sound like a retarded demon.

Well, I beat Abyss again. (And cried again.)
Now I HAVE to learn more about the Big Bang and the Cantamination effect. I need to know what happened!

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
jsyk:

Machi Asobi Report:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6184163.html
http://tokkurin.net/archives/50767173.html#more

-There will be an announcement at Tales of Festival
-There will be new 3DS, PSP, and Vita titles according to Yoshizumi.
-Yoshizumi said he wanted to remake TOS on the PSP, but it apparently exceeded the PSP's limitations too much, even moreso than TOA. (Which is probably why TOA's on the 3DS.)
-The Symphonia OVA has a different ending than the game; it's release date might be postponed.
-They were debating whether or not to make a sequel to Ratatosk(?!), it seems like they decided against it. (I am not kidding about this.)
-ufotable will be in charge of animation for the next game
-Konishi (the voice of Lloyd) asks Yoshizumi if they would consider remaking Symphonia for the WiiU, to which Yoshizumi responds with a "Huh?".
-Yoshizumi says they are considering the WiiU for future Tales.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
So, what's everybody's favourite Mystic Arte? Mine would have to be Jade Curtiss'. It's so fitting for him, and the dialogue prior to the attack... is so epic.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
jsyk:

Machi Asobi Report:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6184163.html
http://tokkurin.net/archives/50767173.html#more

-There will be an announcement at Tales of Festival
-There will be new 3DS, PSP, and Vita titles according to Yoshizumi.
-Yoshizumi said he wanted to remake TOS on the PSP, but it apparently exceeded the PSP's limitations too much, even moreso than TOA. (Which is probably why TOA's on the 3DS.)
-The Symphonia OVA has a different ending than the game; it's release date might be postponed.
-They were debating whether or not to make a sequel to Ratatosk(?!), it seems like they decided against it. (I am not kidding about this.)
-ufotable will be in charge of animation for the next game
-Konishi (the voice of Lloyd) asks Yoshizumi if they would consider remaking Symphonia for the WiiU, to which Yoshizumi responds with a "Huh?".
-Yoshizumi says they are considering the WiiU for future Tales.
Here's a slightly different translation than the translation above:

-They hint at some announcements of new games, particularly at the days of the Tales of Festival
-Yoshizumi asks if they have a PSP, 3DS, and/or Vita and which one of them would they like to see new games announced for. The audience was overwhemingly in support of the PSP and there was little for the 3DS.
-They wanted to remake ToS for the PSP, but the game is bigger and more difficult to port than ToA is/was.
-He's currently in an argument with the scenario writer about not making a sequel to Ratatosk.
-The conclusion of the ToS OVA is different from the game's, so he wonders if they should post pone its release.
-He would like for Ufotable to also handle the next Tales game.
-Considering the Wii U.
I don't want a sequel for Ratatosk I want a prequel gimme gimme gimme. ;w;

Also I still want remake of Symphonia. I personally wouldn't mind for it on the WiiU because console > portable for Tales of Games (IMO because I play them with my sister) or any other console system really since well... seems like Symphonia is too much for portables. ♥

I'm also interested in the OVA ending. Either something to take care of the take that the OVA is Tabatha-less or something more dramatic. Hmm.

/yes only cares about Symphonia. What's new.

... In other news there's a Promotional Poster for the ToS OVA under a bridge. I'm too lazy to get the link and everything but it amuses me greatly.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
^Yes prequel yes. I liked Ratatosk, but it wasn't really my favorite... I feel like it would've been better off longer and as its own game instead of part of Symphonia.

Symphonia is also my favorite. Weird because a few days ago I was telling my sister how much fun I'd be having with a remake of it xD

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Is the WiiU the only remake option for Symphonia? Can't the 3DS handle it? How about the PS3?

Back