• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I doubt it even is possible to insert new names for maps in AdvanceMap, the best thing to do is change them. But maybe it could be possible with a hex editor if you know how to use it. But so far... I haven't found any way of adding in a new name, I've only been able to change the names, that's about it, I'm sorry if I couldn't help you very much.

EDIT: Wait... after double checking your post... I see that you want to change the name of the map and the map itself, I see. Well... in AdvanceMap to change a map, click Tools then click Open map, then choose the map that you've saved and open it up. As for names... you can just change them on the Header tab. It should have an area where you can simply re-name it, after you've typed in the name, click change name button.

Other than the fact that when you change the name of the map it ALSO changes the name of Littleroot Town to what ever you changed it to.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Just letting you guys in on some good info here... *cough*
Nameless Sprite Editor can edit ANY graphic in the game, and is easy to use, and make bookmarks for.
All you need is the offset of the graphic, which is easy to get...
Besides, the Fire Red INI has a crap ton of stuff to edit, who knows, maybe there is a plugin for what you need, if not, I'll make one if you request.
What is it you need, able to edit the graphics of every trainer in the game. Like the battle sprites, or, maybe, the regular OW sprites, it can do anything.

Ya, i just need to edit the battle sprites and ow sprites

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
If you were to recommend a checklist of things to do for a rom hack to a begginer, what would you put on it?
You can view this thread on stuff you should do first... But I would put: Know your story. So it will be easy for you to work around it and script out the events and such.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay this has been bugging me and I'm sure alot of others aswell. Is it possible to import a map file into A-map without it naming itself to littleroot and instead I basically want to replace an existing map with its existing name. I DO NOT want to add in a new map and name but just replace one of the maps with another map of the exact same size and keep the name it originally had on the ROM (for me it is Path 4). Is this possible? Is this possible?

Yes, it is. Just use the dropdown menu in the Header View and select the "folder" that you want the map to go under. Keep in mind that you'll have to reload the ROM in order for the change to be visible in AdvanceMap.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
Hello, again @__@. So, I managed to figure out how to hex, I changed games from LG to FR so I could use the Pokemon Fire Red hack by JPAN, popped in the hacks I wanted, started scripting.

When I load my game, it says 'The 1M Sub-circuit is not installed'. It won't let me save my game, so I have to start anew each time.

Is this something I've done...?! Can I undo it?!

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
You, good sir, are amazing. Thank you so much! I have no idea how I managed to change it to 64k, but now it's working!

Thank you so much!!!

And also, thank you to colcolstyles for the help on how to Hex! Your mini-tutorial was really helpful!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
Advance Map Saddness

Sorry if you've answered this question and i've missed it but when i load Pokemon Emerald onto Advance Map, advance map freezes up and crashes. Why? its the most current version available. I thought it might be the rom so i tried Leaf Green, Ruby and Sapphire and advance map freezes on all of them when i try to load them up >_<

please help

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Sorry if this is a stupid question (which it probably is..) but how exactly do you hack in different starter pokemon/wild pokemon on R/B/Y or the other pokemon games? because I have no clue what to download etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
I've gotten Emerald and all to work (apart from green so thinking is a bad rom, do you get those lol) but now i have another question :D I was making a town with the border blocks down the edge and i realised i wanted houses and stuff from another set but when i tried to change them it changed the whole map and that wasn't fun ¬_¬ How do i get scenery from one set, and houses etc from another?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
Okay ignore what i said about the me saying the whole freezing thing was fixed, it isn't. I saved and exited and came back to it and advance map just crashes when i try to load any of the games..

Thanks Team Fail :) when i get it working all be sure to try that out

Thanks Team Fail :) when i get it working all be sure to try that out

Last edited:

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
How do I speed up Pokémon white with my emulator? It's kinda slow.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Sorry if this is a stupid question (which it probably is..) but how exactly do you hack in different starter pokemon/wild pokemon on R/B/Y or the other pokemon games? because I have no clue what to download etc.
You could use a tool to edit the starter Pokemon like Advance Starter by Hackmew for GBA. There many be tool out there for GB/GBC... Look at Swampert's tools. I found some GB/GBC tools that might be useful to you, (includes a starter editor). And remember, there's no such thing as stupid questions just stupid people. Don't worry, you aren't, you're just new and asking for some help. I'm glad to help out. : 3 Look more around the Toolbox forum for more tools. ; )

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
does anyone know where i can find an INI for leaf green for the advanced pokemon sprite editor? ive searched all over and tried making it myself but cant :P

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I am trying to come up with a name for my hack, but I want to check the already taken titles. I'm pretty sure that there is a thread for this, but I can't find it even when I search for it. So my question is: where is this thread located? (sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question...)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I am trying to come up with a name for my hack, but I want to check the already taken titles. I'm pretty sure that there is a thread for this, but I can't find it even when I search for it. So my question is: where is this thread located? (sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question...)

Right here.

It hasn't been updated for about half a year, and it doesn't seem like its going to be any time soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
I am trying to script on 4th Gen using PPRE when I add a Message command in the a func for my script, the script freezes at any applymovement command, anyone have a fix?

I can post my script if I need to.

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Throwing in my first question: I have started playing around with tools, and figured out that my own desktop is against me. To be specific, Windows 7 does not support the file extension created by tilesets exported from A-Map (1.92). I have searched around, but no avail. Is there a way around-perhaps adopt an older version of paint-or are things irreversible?

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Ok so I have a question,
I've been fooling around with some hex editors and I want to know where you find a maps position on the world map.(I'm using PKM Gold by the way)

Example:

Newbark towns offset data is 120000-1203C0
Am I looking in the right place to find its postion on world map data?

What I Do Know
-the dialog is between 120100-120360
-the very begining of the offset like the first 2 lines I believe it is technical stuff

All I want to know is if im looking in the right stop or if there is another offset that contains this data?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
I didn't see any answers to my question when I looked through here.. so I'm sorry if I missed it and annoy anyone when I ask, but..

When I open my rom in XSE it doesn't show the scripts, or am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back