• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 6, 2014
Is it possible to catch a scyther with technician ability?

Edit: NVM just saw on the first page that abilites are only to 3rd Gen, technician was introduced in 4th gen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
What an excellent game!! You have really done a magnificent job with it and I love the game.

I had a couple of questions and suggestions, and I am delighted to see that you as the creator of this game as so active in asking for help with the improvements. You are great!

First, I notice that the game goes very slowly.

1. The text speed is very slow, even if the fastest text speed is selected in the options. Is there a way to make it go faster, or better yet, instantaneously? That would be wonderful.

2. Battles are very slow, partially because of text speed, but also because of long loading times between screens. (For instance: "Foe CYNDAQUIL used Ember." ... wait... "It's not very effective..." ... wait ... "SEEL was burned!" and that takes a very long time, even when all settings are at their very fastest.) Is that intentional?

3. Colosseum battles are very slow. Is there a reason why the lady asks me every time to re-select the order my Pokémon are in? Especially since the order of 2-6 does not matter and only the first Pokémon matters (you can select whichever replacement you want after the first one faints).

Apart from the speed, I love the game very much. It's just that the very worst part of Pokémon for me was always how even when you knew exactly what was going to happen and were trying to click through as quickly as possible, battles took far longer than they had to.

Also, would you like help translating the Portuguese back into English? All of your translations are clear, but some of them differ a lot from the original English or they're not quite right (which is very understandable! My Portuguese translations would be a little strange-sounding, too!). And I noticed your Battle School textbook hasn't been translated yet, either. Would you like help with that?

Thanks again so much for a great game!!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
how did you make the battle backgrounds?
The last two background options are RPG Maker 2003 and XP RTP cutting.

What an excellent game!! You have really done a magnificent job with it and I love the game.

I had a couple of questions and suggestions, and I am delighted to see that you as the creator of this game as so active in asking for help with the improvements. You are great!

First, I notice that the game goes very slowly.

1. The text speed is very slow, even if the fastest text speed is selected in the options. Is there a way to make it go faster, or better yet, instantaneously? That would be wonderful.

2. Battles are very slow, partially because of text speed, but also because of long loading times between screens. (For instance: "Foe CYNDAQUIL used Ember." ... wait... "It's not very effective..." ... wait ... "SEEL was burned!" and that takes a very long time, even when all settings are at their very fastest.) Is that intentional?

3. Colosseum battles are very slow. Is there a reason why the lady asks me every time to re-select the order my Pokémon are in? Especially since the order of 2-6 does not matter and only the first Pokémon matters (you can select whichever replacement you want after the first one faints).

Apart from the speed, I love the game very much. It's just that the very worst part of Pokémon for me was always how even when you knew exactly what was going to happen and were trying to click through as quickly as possible, battles took far longer than they had to.

Also, would you like help translating the Portuguese back into English? All of your translations are clear, but some of them differ a lot from the original English or they're not quite right (which is very understandable! My Portuguese translations would be a little strange-sounding, too!). And I noticed your Battle School textbook hasn't been translated yet, either. Would you like help with that?

Thanks again so much for a great game!!
This topic doens't contains even 33% of the question that I answered XD

1. When I played/watched videos from most recent games this became clear for me. Making the text goes very faster like these games will be one of the first thing that I wish to improve at 1.2. I guess that instant text isn't necessary and makes the printed text flow strange, but I will consider this option.

2. The kit that I used to make this game tries to redo the RSE battle system, so, if I aren't wrong, this system also has these pauses. I guess that a very fast text should fix this problem.

3. You can cancel the choice or only confirms the first pokémon that this will be enough.

Feel free to suggest better translation. The translations of the latest version are superior because of the help that I received, specially from morckin.

I didn't translated the Battle School textbook because this consumes me a huge time (it's so much text), this may have several fails and few people will read that book. If you wish to translate this part (or just try) I will send you the entire text in a text format and, after you translated I will put it on the next bugfix update with credits to you.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your prompt answers. Your English is very good; how did you learn it? In school?

If you have the text file, yes, I would gladly translate the Battle School for you. It just made me sad to see that everything else has been translated but that the Battle School hadn't been!

The part of the game that had the lowest-quality English was the introduction, actually--what Professor Oak says to you when you first start off. A lot of the comments that the trainers make to you are stilted and very unnatural-sounding, but that really isn't a big priority. It's fine and understandable. Again, I want to compliment you on it. And the game you have made is excellent.

(One thing: the level called "den" should probably be named "cave". A "den" is a house for thieves, or a family room in a house, or a place where lions live.)

Anyway, again, thank you!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
i was able to play this game for about 3 days..
but then after i stop playing it for about 2 days.
it doesnt play anymore..

T_T

it only display black screen......

(im using it on windows7)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Thank you so much for your prompt answers. Your English is very good; how did you learn it? In school?

If you have the text file, yes, I would gladly translate the Battle School for you. It just made me sad to see that everything else has been translated but that the Battle School hadn't been!

The part of the game that had the lowest-quality English was the introduction, actually--what Professor Oak says to you when you first start off. A lot of the comments that the trainers make to you are stilted and very unnatural-sounding, but that really isn't a big priority. It's fine and understandable. Again, I want to compliment you on it. And the game you have made is excellent.

(One thing: the level called "den" should probably be named "cave". A "den" is a house for thieves, or a family room in a house, or a place where lions live.)

Anyway, again, thank you!!
I had english classes in the past, but I really learned after played/reading several games/websites, like the pokémon games.

I sent you the text.

The Oak introduction I tried to made in short sentences, so some parts became too unnatural. Some trainers I made with strange expressions very hard for translating. Mainly I made this way because of creativity lack, isn't easy to made hundreds of different dialog sentences.

About the Den: There is already a Cave, so I almost named it as Grotto, but end up as Den based in Dragon's Den (that is a place where dragons live). I guess that I too late for changing this.

i was able to play this game for about 3 days..
but then after i stop playing it for about 2 days.
it doesnt play anymore..

T_T

it only display black screen......

(im using it on windows7)
The black screen is after you choose continue? Have you tried the described in Troubleshooting at Read me.txt? I need more details for helping you.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
Good stuff. I sent you the first set of the book. Also, I support what someone said earlier--the bike is not significantly faster than running, and that should probably change. You have done marvelously well with the game.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Good stuff. I sent you the first set of the book. Also, I support what someone said earlier--the bike is not significantly faster than running, and that should probably change. You have done marvelously well with the game.
Thank you for the help, and yes, I also feel the same about the bicycle. Only a few months ago that I succeed about making the bicycle very faster (20 tiles per second, while the current speed is 10 tiles per second as the game runs at 40 FPS).

IS 1.1 english version? I wanna try this big time!
Yes!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 25, 2014
how to catch feebas with super rod???
the super rod seem not working

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Where to find Dratini?

Can't seem to find it :/
Using Super Rod at Valley, very rare.

how to catch feebas with super rod???
the super rod seem not working
The Super Rod works like RSE rod, but even more harder. Press the action button when the "bite" message appears.

Feebas is using Super Rod at Tunnel, Plains and Forest, but this pokémon is very rare.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Any plans to include gen 6 mons?
Yes! But only in the 2.0, that will be only released, at least, after some years. I probably will include together with gen 7 mons.

Back