• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Return to Dreamland was better for me, somehow. I love the game's quirky look, and the dialog is amazing(this grass.....it feels like pants!) and the way the game makes you really try to get everything for the decorations is subtlety perfected, but return to dreamland felt much more...proper, in a game sense. I mean sure both had the normal Kirby storyline, and the worlds, but dreamland gave you a much more satisfactory feel when you beat the game, then Epic Yarn did, even if that doesn't matter. And this is coming from someone who holds Forever Blue 2 in his top 5 of Wii games, when the Wii has undoubtedly some of the best games of this gen that could easily be there.

Also love the Kirby Anniversary package, those bonus levels are super fun, and owning most of Kirby's legacy feels great.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm hoping for a remake, sequel, or spiritual succesor to Crystal Shards. That game had some inventive ideas that were never revisited, and I'd love to see how they'd implement those idea into a game with more powers. Of the Kirby games, 64 was probably my favorite, that or Super Star. It was also my first of them, but I'm not the type to keep my nostalgia goggles on to enhance gameplay unless the game is a truly unenjoyable experience, and CS64 was a great game. It's sad that it's only gotten a VC release up until now, it's been over 10 years.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nah, if any sequels of a Kirby game happen, I want a Mass Attack 2 for the 3DS. That game was the most innovative concept for Kirby yet, and I really want more from it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Nah, if any sequels of a Kirby game happen, I want a Mass Attack 2 for the 3DS. That game was the most innovative concept for Kirby yet, and I really want more from it.
I don't see any reason they couldn't do both. It's been 13 years and that game had great reception, it's a crime that, at the very least, the "combining abilities" idea back, that was a lot of fun.

Though the reason that Mass Attack, along with Epic Yarn, were such innovative ideas was because they weren't originally meant to be Kirby games, they just changed them into them later, hence why various staples of the series, most notably the copy ability, are absent. Either way, they would have been innovative none the less.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I don't see any reason they couldn't do both. It's been 13 years and that game had great reception, it's a crime that, at the very least, the "combining abilities" idea back, that was a lot of fun.

Though the reason that Mass Attack, along with Epic Yarn, were such innovative ideas was because they weren't originally meant to be Kirby games, they just changed them into them later, hence why various staples of the series, most notably the copy ability, are absent. Either way, they would have been innovative none the less.
I knew about Epic Yarn, but I did not know that about Mass Attack. Source?
And yeah, be it either Crystal Shards, which for me fell a bit flat even if it was pretty cool, or another game in the series, the combination feature should definitely come back. It felt so right, and I absolutely loved it when I first played it back on the N64. I adore the fridge ability, just for its absurdity.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I knew about Epic Yarn, but I did not know that about Mass Attack. Source?
Hm...I was pretty sure (I remember reading about it), but I can't seem to find it, so you might as well disregard it. After all, if it's not on the wiki, there's a 75% chance it's not true.

Also, there's another thing I want to see come back (I guess this could technically count as a spoiler for Crystal Shards and Dreamland 3):
Spoiler:

We need 'em back. It was an awesome boss, as simple as its design was and he was also the first thing ever to bleed in Kirby, or really most first party Nintendo Franchises did- not that I think blood makes things better, but it's a notable detail. He also made for some great stories and added a lot of replay value; that non-true ending in Crystal Shards always gave me chills when I was younger, it wasn't until years later...I think 2006 or 2005 that I got the true ending.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Kirby is probably one Nintendo franchise I'll never get into. I really don't know why but I don't like the idea of being overpowered and having the ability to fly in a platformer. I reckon that's the problem, though, since I try to play it as a traditional platformer haha.

Though I really love King Dedede's character. He's one relevant Nintendo villain that absolutely shines and make Bowser and Ganon so boring in comparison. But is calling him a villain right? Has he ever been the real main villain in a Kirby game? He's more of an anti-hero than anything.

I nominate Mr. Sandman and Hades as the best Nintendo villains. Too bad no one knows who they are.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Though I really love King Dedede's character. He's one relevant Nintendo villain that absolutely shines and make Bowser and Ganon so boring in comparison. But is calling him a villain right? Has he ever been the real main villain in a Kirby game? He's more of an anti-hero than anything.

I nominate Mr. Sandman and Hades as the best Nintendo villains. Too bad no one knows who they are.
There are only instances where Dedede is a baddy. The first was in the original game, Kirby's Dream Land, where he stole ALL of the food from the inhabitants of Dream Land for the sake of a feast; the second was in Super Star Ultra where he plotted to kill Kirby. There were more villainous appearances in Crystal Shards, Dream Lands 2 & 3, and Epic Yarn (maybe more), but he was possessed in those.

Heck, I wouldn't even call him an anti-hero so much as he is a chaotic-good character. He does good things of his own accord, such as actually going out of his way to save the world from Dark Matter (which Kirby mistakenly screws up) in Dream Land 2 and joining Kirby with little reason in Crystal Shards and Return to Dreamland. It seems as if he has a love-hate relationship with Kirby, and despite his dictator-like reign, he will protect Pop Star from any "evil" forces that threaten it. He's been good more times than he's been bad.

Also, regarding Sandman and Hades, which games are they from? I have a good feeling I know who they are.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Kirby is probably one Nintendo franchise I'll never get into. I really don't know why but I don't like the idea of being overpowered and having the ability to fly in a platformer. I reckon that's the problem, though, since I try to play it as a traditional platformer haha.

Its not overpowered if you're playing Kirby for what Kirby is though, It was always meant to be an easy game, but a fun ride at that. And no, Dedede was never a villain, just an over pompous prick that needs to get smacked around by Kirby every few years to come back down to reality. Meta Knight's the real villain, and I absolutely love his character. Oh and that last one, Kid Icarus or Glory of Heracles?

Hm...I was pretty sure (I remember reading about it), but I can't seem to find it, so you might as well disregard it. After all, if it's not on the wiki, there's a 75% chance it's not true.

Also, there's another thing I want to see come back (I guess this could technically count as a spoiler for Crystal Shards and Dreamland 3):
Spoiler:

We need 'em back. It was an awesome boss, as simple as its design was and he was also the first thing ever to bleed in Kirby, or really most first party Nintendo Franchises did- not that I think blood makes things better, but it's a notable detail. He also made for some great stories and added a lot of replay value; that non-true ending in Crystal Shards always gave me chills when I was younger, it wasn't until years later...I think 2006 or 2005 that I got the true ending.
There are two endings on Crystal Shard? Only ever got one whenever I beat it on the Wii....

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Forgot to mention that I absolutely adore Kirby's Air Ride. Still remember unlocking King dedede for the first time. What a moment.
Also, regarding Sandman and Hades, which games are they from? I have a good feeling I know who they are.
Mr. Sandman is from Punch Out. While he's not really a villain per se, he's one of the big three and the only character who was the champion in two games. (The first champion as well.) He's got an antagonistic aura around him and is obsessed with putting anyone to sleep. (A coma, basically.) Absolutely adore the character because I love his brutal boxing style and the fact he's the hardest Nintendo "boss" I ever fought against in the Wii game. (Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream in the NES Punch Out don't count.) There's just something about him that's intimidating.

Hades is a recent one though, from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Forgot to mention that I absolutely adore Kirby's Air Ride. Still remember unlocking King dedede for the first time. What a moment.

Mr. Sandman is from Punch Out. While he's not really a villain per se, he's one of the big three and the only character who was the champion in two games. (The first champion as well.) He's got an antagonistic aura around him and is obsessed with putting anyone to sleep. (A coma, basically.) Absolutely adore the character because I love his brutal boxing style and the fact he's the hardest Nintendo "boss" I ever fought against in the Wii game. (Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream in the NES Punch Out don't count.) There's just something about him that's intimidating.

Thought that much. Hades in Uprising was so awesome. I really want a Wii U sequel after Smash Bros is completed, such a great game.
Also, anyone else excited for Most Wanted on the Wii U?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eH3DmUgokk
Skipped the PC version cause of it, and the fact that Criterion actually gave it this much effort is amazing. I mean, PC textures, better effects, and touch screen menus? Sold!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I wouldn't say they're obscure. Hades, for instance, is rather well known thanks to all the coverage and good reception Uprising got (and he was one colorful character, definitely up there as one of the more memorable game antagonists).

Mr.Sandman not as much, but he was one heck of a fighter. That game deserved to be a lot more popular than it was, especially given its roots.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Honestly I think it says much that Hades really stands out among characters that are actually amazingly written. Uprising has the best writing of any game I played this generation bar Hotel Dusk. And that easter egg on the ending with his speech? Hilarious.

Kid Icarus Uprising sequel and Donkey Kong Country Returns Yet Again are up there for games I want on the Wii U, behind a Punch Out Wii U and F-Zero UX. (I'd rather Wario Land returns to handhelds. :P )

And damn. I skipped the PS360 version because I wasn't interested, but that looks great. Been a while since I played NSF so I might pick it up, but I need impression. Wii U gamepad not having analogue triggers and potential framerate issues could be a problem.

I wouldn't say they're obscure. Hades, for instance, is rather well known thanks to all the coverage and good reception Uprising got (and he was one colorful character, definitely up there as one of the more memorable game antagonists).

Mr.Sandman not as much, but he was one heck of a fighter. That game deserved to be a lot more popular than it was, especially given its roots.
Reason I said obscure is because sadly Uprising didn't sell well, and he was a character that was kept a secret until the game launched.

Though Punch Out Wii sold decently, it's kinda hard to note Sandman considering King Hippo or Glass Joe are a lot more iconic. I actually think a lot of people probably didn't reach him yet haha.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Honestly I think it says much that Hades really stands out among characters that are actually amazingly written. Uprising has the best writing of any game I played this generation bar Hotel Dusk. And that easter egg on the ending with his speech? Hilarious.

Kid Icarus Uprising sequel and Donkey Kong Country Returns Yet Again are up there for games I want on the Wii U, behind a Punch Out Wii U and F-Zero UX. (I'd rather Wario Land returns to handhelds. :P )

And damn. I skipped the PS360 version because I wasn't interested, but that looks great. Been a while since I played NSF so I might pick it up, but I need impression. Wii U gamepad not having analogue triggers and potential framerate issues could be a problem.

Reason I said obscure is because sadly Uprising didn't sell well, and he was a character that was kept a secret until the game launched.

Though Punch Out Wii sold decently, it's kinda hard to note Sandman considering King Hippo or Glass Joe are a lot more iconic. I actually think a lot of people probably didn't reach him yet haha.
Your Wii U wishlist is exactly like mine, except for Punch out, I wouldn't mind if we have just the Wii one and that's it. Framerate shouldn't be an issue, its a solid 30 FPS, and any stuttering on the PC is apparently gone. They really tapped into the secret sauce of the GPU, and I'm shocked that an EA developer actually went this far for the console.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So far my Wii U wishlist consists of X and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei...the latter of which I don't see coming over, given the number of FE games that have come to America as well as the number of Shin Mega Ten titles that have done the same. Then again, it's Atlus and Intelligent Systems, so it's very possible.

There are other games that I want, but those two are my "must haves". I'd love to see another Punch Out title, as well as some Ace Attorney HD remakes on there, too.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So far my Wii U wishlist consists of X and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei...the latter of which I don't see coming over, given the number of FE games that have come to America as well as the number of Shin Mega Ten titles that have done the same. Then again, it's Atlus and Intelligent Systems, so it's very possible.

There are other games that I want, but those two are my "must haves". I'd love to see another Punch Out title, as well as some Ace Attorney HD remakes on there, too.
Considering how the American ND contained them both I would say its highly likely both will come. Otherwise its misdirection up the wazoo on Nintendo's part.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Got it for free with PC Master couple of years ago, was such a perfect game. I wonder if it still holds up for me...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So apparently Nintendo wants us to buy a 3DS, cause its getting Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Mario Golf World Tour and Donkey Kong 3D on the eShop this year. And Etrian Odessy IV was also confirmed for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back