• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tile Insertion For AdvanceMap For Dummies

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2015
It worked! Thank you so much! That tool sent from the heavens! So glad I chose to see your tutorial
again. so in a way thanks for shouting at me :P
Also if I already inserted the tiles now I want to insert tiles in the same pallet again how would I go about it?
Sorry for asking so many questions.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
It worked! Thank you so much! That tool sent from the heavens! So glad I chose to see your tutorial
again. so in a way thanks for shouting at me :P
Also if I already inserted the tiles now I want to insert tiles in the same pallet again how would I go about it?
Sorry for asking so many questions.

well first you have to make sure that the tiles of your new image match that of the tileset palette. if they do, you can just drag and drop to the tileset image from before. or just save tileset 2 under the palette you want from amap 1.92 and do it again

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Tried to add add a tree with grass behind it. I got a massive pure green box. I like rom hacking, but rom hacking does not like me. :(

And yet I try again and fail again..

k06pva.png

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Tried to add add a tree with grass behind it. I got a massive pure green box. I like rom hacking, but rom hacking does not like me. :(

And yet I try again and fail again..

k06pva.png

This means the palette in a map and the palette of your tileset images aren't the same. Make sure you save palette in tilehelperadvance and the image too. Then insert palette in amap and then save the tileset 2 image then open it in mspaint. And then open your new tiles in mspaint and copy and paste over and it will work

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
This means the palette in a map and the palette of your tileset images aren't the same. Make sure you save palette in tilehelperadvance and the image too. Then insert palette in amap and then save the tileset 2 image then open it in mspaint. And then open your new tiles in mspaint and copy and paste over and it will work

I'm doing everything correctly, but it still isn't working for me. Is there anyway you can one on one help me?

Le pug

Years
I'm doing everything correctly, but it still isn't working for me. Is there anyway you can one on one help me?

yeah if you tell me what's wrong i can't help you unless you post your problems

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
yeah if you tell me what's wrong i can't help you unless you post your problems

The problem is still the same, I just get a block of the same color. I follow your tutorial exactly. I've done it over and over too just to check to see if I missed something, but I don't. Not sure what is going wrong.

EDIT: I FINALLY GOT IT :D

Now how to a make a proper tile sheet? :)

EDIT AGAIN: Can't seem to do it again. Lol :(

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
The problem is still the same, I just get a block of the same color. I follow your tutorial exactly. I've done it over and over too just to check to see if I missed something, but I don't. Not sure what is going wrong.

I'll use another example. Watch closely:

[hd]WunsZr42LKA[/hd]

Le pug

Years
4tpv8m.png

After inserting tiles I wanted to insert some more but when I re opened advance map, this is what happened :S

So I have made yet ANOTHER video ... (your welcome) watch how to add more tiles with a newer palette.
This one takes you through a journey of adding new tiles to your custom tileset and merging four different palette-colored rocks into one palette.

[hd]oAA1p0ldlhs[/hd]

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
So I have made yet ANOTHER video ... (your welcome) watch how to add more tiles with a newer palette.
This one takes you through a journey of adding new tiles to your custom tileset and merging four different palette-colored rocks into one palette.

Thanks for the videos, I really do appreciate it!

Buuuuuut I still have the same problem as above. The tiles are inserted correctly, and I don't have the black one colored box anymore, but the 2nd problem I posted is still occurring.

It seems like it won't save the changed palette, and when I reopen the rom, it goes back to the original one making all my inserted tiles glitchy and different colors.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Thanks for the videos, I really do appreciate it!

Buuuuuut I still have the same problem as above. The tiles are inserted correctly, and I don't have the black one colored box anymore, but the 2nd problem I posted is still occurring.

It seems like it won't save the changed palette, and when I reopen the rom, it goes back to the original one making all my inserted tiles glitchy and different colors.

Did you press "Write Pallet Changes to ROM"?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Did you press "Write Pallet Changes to ROM"?

I've done that to clicking the save button 90000 times. :\

Edit: I tried again following carefully plus doing the write pallet changes too. But the water or something gets all screwed up and changes color

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
I've done that to clicking the save button 90000 times. :\

Edit: I tried again following carefully plus doing the write pallet changes too. But the water or something gets all screwed up and changes color

Hop on my IRC chat in my signature below. Ask for help and someone will help you otherwise I'll be home later today and I can help you then, something you're not doing right and you might have to give me the rom so I can look at it. What version are you using? 1.92 I'm assuming? Try inserting with 1.95 and see it that works. In all my videos I use 1.95.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I'm trying to add more houses in my hack and Tile Insertion For AdvanceMap For Dummies 2.0 works for me. Although how do i add tiles from a tiles sheet [the ones with the grids]. I want to know how to insert those since all the tiles are on that 1 sheet. Here is what I get when I insert those tiles.
Spoiler:

Not bad i finally was able to insert tiles now. Thanks :D

Le pug

Years
I'm trying to add more houses in my hack and Tile Insertion For AdvanceMap For Dummies 2.0 works for me. Although how do i add tiles from a tiles sheet [the ones with the grids]. I want to know how to insert those since all the tiles are on that 1 sheet. Here is what I get when I insert those tiles.
Spoiler:

Not bad i finally was able to insert tiles now. Thanks :D

so you added the tiles that have black lines? lol just move them all together and that'll remove the black lines

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
yeah use something like paint gimp or whatever and remove the black lines with those programmes.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
lol i was doing that already. i got the tiles together now... and now i need to keep watching your tut when inserting or I'll get bad tiles when i insert them XD

Byte me

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I keep getting stuck at this point
Now all you have to do is open your tileset image in mspaint (Picture > save tileset 2 then open it in mspaint)
When i try to save tileset 2 i get an error from advancemap: Export of this pallete not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette.
Now i'm gonna assume this is because there is pink already being used on pallete6 on pkmn emerald...? i'll try to play with a bunch of different back colors for the new tiles. but what my real bothering question was : Are the tilesets used by each map exclusive to each map? like can the tileset 0 and 1 differ from another 0 and 1 for a different map?
btw thank you for making this tut(even if i am f*cking it up in my head :D)

Le pug

Years
I keep getting stuck at this point
When i try to save tileset 2 i get an error from advancemap: Export of this pallete not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette.
Now i'm gonna assume this is because there is pink already being used on pallete6 on pkmn emerald...? i'll try to play with a bunch of different back colors for the new tiles. but what my real bothering question was : Are the tilesets used by each map exclusive to each map? like can the tileset 0 and 1 differ from another 0 and 1 for a different map?
btw thank you for making this tut(even if i am f*cking it up in my head :D)

cant export cus there are same colors in your palette. so look in the palette youre trying to export and youll see the 16 colors ... at least two will be the same color, just adjust this by raising one of the colors up 1 number like if it was RGB 48 - 48 - 48 then you could make it 48 - 48 - 56. Color looks almost identical and you can now export.

And no they aren't exclusive. If you edit tileset 0 on a different map, you're going to change the tileset image for all maps with that tileset already on place.

Back