• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
I assume you mean the "new" pokemon. no they aren't obtainable. i couldnt get a pokedex entry (if I did they would act like missingo giving people the advantage of the missingno glitch) and i couldnt get a back sprite.

EDIT: Are you sure Blastoise's sprite is glitched? I did not see him in a battle but his pokedex picture is normal.

Aw, oh well. Still was fun seeing them =)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Hey PokeGlitch, why not make a "Girl's Version"? In this case, it should be as simple as swapping the sprites for Jesse and James. Well, and getting a backsprite in I guess

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Hey PokeGlitch, why not make a "Girl's Version"? In this case, it should be as simple as swapping the sprites for Jesse and James. Well, and getting a backsprite in I guess

I thought about doing that, and the thing was that I couldn't get a back sprite (maybe jynx, but that would be weird). also i would have to change the intro and lot of he's to shes. I mean, i might do it, but i dont think it would be worth the effort. sorry if you wanted that. :nervous:

and are you talking about Blastoise's backsprite, ablahblah?

and I'll see if I can fix some of those glitches tomorrow. i really want a glitch free game, so i will try to fix them.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Ummm... maybe using the Pokemon Gold sprites instead... the Pokemon Sprites and The back sprites... anyway, nice hack! keep it up ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
They wont work in the first gen games. At least not without ASM, which I dont know how to do.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I took a look, and it's pretty good so far!

By the way, if you want to change the pokemon's colors, go to 725C8-7265F. So meowth isn't green and Koffing isn't red.

For some reason, Koffing doesn't have types. So, you want to re arrange the stats starting at 383DE, each stat begins with the Pokedex number, which is most likely why it's screwing up.

BTW, I'm trapped in the bike shop, and you might want to change the items you collect along the way. I made that mistake in brown before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I took a look, and it's pretty good so far!

By the way, if you want to change the pokemon's colors, go to 725C8-7265F. So meowth isn't green and Koffing isn't red.

For some reason, Koffing doesn't have types. So, you want to re arrange the stats starting at 383DE, each stat begins with the Pokedex number, which is most likely why it's screwing up.

BTW, I'm trapped in the bike shop, and you might want to change the items you collect along the way. I made that mistake in brown before.

Thanks. I never realized that the pokemon were different colors because I always played in the black and white version. I'm guessing the colors are in pokedex order, since meowth overwrote bulbasaur and koffing over wrote charmeleon?

Koffing does have types, but they don't show up because when I changed pokemon sprites from different versions (or it might have been ash's back sprite to prof oaks) I overwrote the data that showed the pokemon types. It occurs for every pokemon when you view their stats, but the still do have types.

What do you mean you are trapped in the bike shop, though? Do you mean the door mat is not infront of the door? I just checked and I dont know how I missed it, but thats an easy change, but the actual location for the door are the two spots to the left of the mat. If you are talking about something else, please tell me.

As for the items, I'm not sure if its necessary. I mean, the Silph Scope and Bike are the biggest items, and i think they are given at reasonable locations throughout the story.

And, ablahblah, I will fix the backsprite as soon as i can. I am not going to work on it today and I will be away all weekend, but monday, I assure you, I will fix some of the issues. Thanks for all of the help everyone. I will update the first post with the bugs.

Also, Chrona, fossils do revive. Im really not sure how long it takes, but I just loaded up my rom and I checked, and I recieved Kabuto. Unless I gave him the fossil before I made the error, it should work. its still left in the bugs, but I hope you were mistaken. Can you check once in a while and report to me if the fossil ever does get made? Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Weird, I'll check again

Nope, he still says "This may take a while, please come back later"

I gave the fossil as soon as I got to the city, and I already played enough to get the legend in the Burnt Down Building

I even tried depositing a pokemon so I have an empty space in my Pokemon list, still nothing

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I just beat the game! Good game, nice work. I didn't find the elite four that hard, but it was hard enough. Definitely tougher than the original game.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Okay, the hack is now basically completed, what are you going to next on it? Fix the glitches?

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2008
i found another glitch in the game.
when you first battle jessie on the nugget bridge thing, well anyway. i was battling her, and i got to her zubat (only meowth was left) and when zubat fainted, the game went black for a second and i went to in front of the mart ( in the same town) and the ending text for jessie showed up at the bottom of the screen (you know, when she says oh darn, ill be better next time) then, after she was done talking, the battle started again, ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

oh, btw i thought that the hack was too hard, with the level 18 pokemon at the first gym and all, so i used pokemap and put a wild mew in the fire cave place.........for me

Jap

The Elitist
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
Um, I caught a Lv. 22 Cubone but it's a big glitched up square...

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
haha thanks cartmic. yaeh ive been busy with other things. lets see.....the rival walking into your body i know happens and have no idea how to change it, so thats definately staying the same. Jap, are you refering to the cubone back sprite?

Turtledogg, thats the first time I heard of that happening, and i have no idea how to fix it haha. i guess thats going to stay.

i have no clue when I'll get around to fixing it. I know its not that much to do im just procrastinating. im going to have to check every pokemons backsprite now too to see if any other are messed up. ill try to get it done soon.

Back