• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
------- (-o-) -------​

Update: 5 Hours after saying I had nothing to show, I've scrounged up two screenshots to show that I've actually been doing stuff. I'm planning to test whether I should slightly lighten the Frickle Forest trees or not, so the second screenshot is tentativly confirmed.

Spoiler:

Post, reply, whatever - Its all good :D

Whoa! Very quick Updates MrFuji! This Hack is going very well.. hehehe..

BTW, can you darken the grass at Frickle Forest grass to match the dark
trees. It'll give it a more creepy look. :D

And also, you can put dead trees if you want too. BTW, just a suggestion. :P

Nice job with the Hack! I know you're working slowly but surely to
avoid certain bugs and glitches.. :D

Again good luck! I'm subscribing to this thread.. to show my ultimate
support! :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey! Nice hack!
Tiles and palettes very good, has a good harmony, nothing to complain about.
Actually, the hack in general it's all very well. I congratulate you.
I hope to see a script of the hack ^^

Thankyou very much for that - Nothing to complain about means that I must be doing something right :3

BTW, can you darken the grass at Frickle Forest grass to match the dark
trees. It'll give it a more creepy look. :D

And also, you can put dead trees if you want too. BTW, just a suggestion. :P

Actually, I can't do either of them - If I change the palette for the grass, it will affect the pallete for the rest of the game as well. I've also reached the limit of tiles that I can use in the forest tile slot, so it is impossoble for me to insert anymore D:

Nice job with the Hack! I know you're working slowly but surely to
avoid certain bugs and glitches.. :D

Again good luck! I'm subscribing to this thread.. to show my ultimate
support! :D

More like I'll be progressing slowly becuase of school.

Thanks though :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Thankyou very much for that - Nothing to complain about means that I must be doing something right :3

With the "complain" I mean to say that don't there is much to be questioned, since this good to my taste. xD (Sure, there's always something to improve.)
Ah, and one thing I forgot to mention, the outline of the hero's hair is very clear, so I think I can improve.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Yeah, now that I look back on it, the player's hair could use some refining - I'll fix that in abit unless you'd like to do the honours, NiKa?
Nah, you can do it just fine, I trust you.

By the way, great updates. I like the palettes you used in the forest trees.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
wow looks like a cool game! Im really interested to see you implement some sick scripts into those super tite maps

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I like this hack! especially the tiles and everything! i also like the idea in the video where giovanni heres team rocket calling out to him!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
wow looks like a cool game! Im really interested to see you implement some sick scripts into those super tite maps

Thanks - The scripts are coming along nicely, so hopefully it won't be too long before I can show stuff :)

I like this hack! especially the tiles and everything! i also like the idea in the video where giovanni heres team rocket calling out to him!

Thanks, I put a lot of effort into that script, and it has ramifications for the story as well :D

------- (-o-) -------​

Update:

Firstly, if check the first post, you will notice that there is now some CSS. This was made by Dedaelus and I'm very happy to have him smarten it up even though it means the removal of the tcat which Manny luuurves ;D

Secondly, I have created a world map - The style was heavily based on WesleyFG's map to save tiles space and I really like its simplicity. Please note that this is not inserted at the moment.

WorldMap.png

Thirdly, I have inserted all D/P/Pt/HG/SS sprites, excluding alternate form Pokemon (Unown, Deoxys etc) and the R/S/E legendary trio. This isn't a huge or completed accomplishment, but I thought it might as well be known.

Finally, I got off my arse and made a supporter bar. Use it as you please and link it to the thread if you wish to wear it :D

Raikou_Lilac9576770678-iaza.gif

Code:
[*IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/PocketmonmMaster/Raikou_Lilac9576770678-iaza.gif[/IMG]
Remove the *s​

That about does it, enjoy the weekend and have a good time.

nasonex

Years
Wow! Nice CSS Dr. Fuji! I like the New sprites inserted!

Btw, the map looks so empty. Maybe because it consists of small red
spots, it's more like that it is all town and no city.

Could you do some more userbars^^

Overall, Nice Updates Dr. Fuji! Good Luck and Again More Power! :D

Years
Yeah, I like the new CSS, but that map up there isn't detailed enough, like the cities aren't very different looking as they all have the same circle there. But that's in my opinion. Ultimately, it's up to you.

Also, nice banner/userbar. Best of wishes!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry about not updating or replying and such - I've been celebrating my last week of high school ever with friends, so time has been in very short supply recently.

Wow! Nice CSS Dr. Fuji! I like the New sprites inserted!

Btw, the map looks so empty. Maybe because it consists of small red
spots, it's more like that it is all town and no city.

Could you do some more userbars^^

Overall, Nice Updates Dr. Fuji! Good Luck and Again More Power! :D

Thanks for that :P

I like the little red spots D: Besides, in the FR/LG town map, the only city/town marker is a red dot so its not like I'm drastically changing anything.

I'll see about the userbars later :P

Yeah, I like the new CSS, but that map up there isn't detailed enough, like the cities aren't very different looking as they all have the same circle there. But that's in my opinion. Ultimately, it's up to you.

Also, nice banner/userbar. Best of wishes!

Thanks alot Weighty!

Read the above reply about the map :3

The screenshots look very nice, and this is one of the few hacks I've seen in which you aren't a child. Which is pretty cool if you ask me. And, I love your overall color layout very nice on the eyes. :D

I'm not actually sure what the guy is suppossed to be - Either he is a sullen teenager with a sweet hat or a young Indianna Jones.

------- (-o-) -------​

Update:

As I said earlier, I haven't had much time recently, but the release of B/W has really given me some good ideas (with one set to shape my storyline better than what I had originally planned). I'm pretty excited about it all :3

Anyway, I've found some cute critters from the new games, resized them and have inserted most into the ROM at this point. There will now be 28 B/W Pokemon residing the Lowen region for you to catch and raise as your own. They will have altered movesets and evolutionary stages since some need to be traded in order to evolve. Here's a a screen of me testing with them:

GenV.png

Annnnnnnnnnnd, that's about it. Comment, rate, subscribe - Its all good.

Years
Wow, DrFuji, this is outstanding. The tiles and palettes are beautifull combined, the scripts are evidentally great and the mapping is very nice. The storyline is great and the graphics are amazing. This is a really solid hack in my opinion. I also really like the name Lowen. :3

Best of luck on this hack, DrFuji, I look forward to seeing it in the Hacks Showcase, winning HOTY. :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Wow, DrFuji, this is outstanding. The tiles and palettes are beautifull combined, the scripts are evidentally great and the mapping is very nice. The storyline is great and the graphics are amazing. This is a really solid hack in my opinion. I also really like the name Lowen. :3

Best of luck on this hack, DrFuji, I look forward to seeing it in the Hacks Showcase, winning HOTY. :D

Lowen is such a rockin' name Thanks for the compliments, Spherical Ice. They mean a lot coming from a person like you :D

------- (-o-) -------​

I made a misprint yesterday, instead of there being 28 new Pokemon from B/W, there are actually 34. I had written them down on a seperate sheet from the other 28 and accidently neglected them :x

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Very definitely a great hack to be! I was getting kind of worried due to the lack of updates but I can now see it was worth the wait.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
What the fake happened to the scientist?

Marvelous job, Dr.Fuji! (or should you be, SIR). Though I don't get how you're gonna replicate moves from B/W, I surely like the fact that you work on this hack on so much detail, and all the things that you have put to it. And wow, you're soloing it. That's one good achievement.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Very definitely a great hack to be! I was getting kind of worried due to the lack of updates but I can now see it was worth the wait.

Rest assured, if I need to stop the hack for one or two weeks, I will, but I will never give up on it :D

What the fake happened to the scientist?

Marvelous job, Dr.Fuji! (or should you be, SIR). Though I don't get how you're gonna replicate moves from B/W, I surely like the fact that you work on this hack on so much detail, and all the things that you have put to it. And wow, you're soloing it. That's one good achievement.

The scientist is dead. But not really. Pterror is my bro in B/W, so I'm just honouring his efforts :P

I'm planning on making alternate movesets - As you can see in the screenshot, Denchura was using super fang, which would be quite reasonable for a spider to have, no?

Oh God, I am such a lone wolf.

------- (-o-) -------​

Did somebody say make a video of a cutscene? No? Ok then...

Spoiler:

Blurb said:
Team Rocket have infiltrated a mysterious lab, searching for something important. This video follows two grunts in their aimless search for a mysterious machine that was outlined by their boss.

Why are Team Rocket attacking a group considered to be 'small timers'? What does the machine do?

So comment, rate, subscribe - Do your thing.

nasonex

Years
Dr. Fuji!!!! It's been a long time!

Here is another awesome update. What amazed me
the most is the tiles in the lab. Very nice tiles and
graphics.

It matches the scripting well. The B/W pokemons
are also great. Many hackers right now are going
to feature them.

Anyways, Very nice update... I know that the scripts
took a long time to make but it's something to be
proud of. :P

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Great video DrFuji. Nitpick note, on 0:27 there is a fragment, I'm sure that you didn't mean it :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Great video DrFuji. Nitpick note, on 0:27 there is a fragment, I'm sure that you didn't mean it :P

>:/

Mean slave is mean.

I like story!
Screenshots are awesome too!
I wish you good luck! :D

Thanks for that! :D

------- (-o-) -------​

Well, I've been waiting a while to make this (The first Gym of Lowen) despite the fact I had shown you its exterior before. I never had a good idea of what I construct the Gym with, as in puzzles and such, but I've always wanted to use these tiles and I finally got an excuse :D

FleetwoodGym.png

Comment, rate, subscribe - Pick your poison.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I don't wanna be mean, but the word "supposed" is spelt wrong in 0:28.

But that doesn't mean that the cutscene is not good. It's supposed to be excellent!
Good luck, anyways.

Back