• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Welcome arcan3! Glad you like fire types, and that would be a great prank!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Arcan3. Nice to see you've picked the middle evolution of a starter family, they're always ignored.

To pull a prank on someone, I'd use Sunny Day in the room while they're sleeping. Hmmm, I wonder what'd happen if Sunny Day is used at night...

Last edited:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I don't want to be so mean as to boil them in the shower so if I were to pull a prank on someone, I'd probably just keep making the stove too hot and their food would always be burnt.

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years
Hola gente bonita !
I come to join
Name-Иιио
Starter- Vulpix
Reason for joining-I love the fire type pokemons, are undoubtedly my favorite. ALL, without exception whatsoever, I like it. I was pretty hard to find one to choose, but ultimately stay one.
Referred by-I myself (?

I'm excited because I accept and begin to bring * ¬ *

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Иιио! I'm sure you'll have a blast in FoF.

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years
Um had prepared a super post with images and not let me because they are urls from another site, well at some other time xD. Thanks for the welcome :3

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Welcome the heart of the volcano new members!

Taking a guess at the quiz with the first thing that pops in my head:
Spoiler:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Imma gonna go with heat rotom for the quiz. *crosses fingers*

Oh, also just saw this and thought I should answer it.
☼ *Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?
Because water has to be cosistently lit at a steady temp to even start to boil. Also, if you think about the core of the Earth, it is made of molten metals. This suggests that steel is melted by fire. Also note that all fire moves dont deal with fire itself. Look at lava plume, a move with lava instead of pure fire. Lava cools when it touches water and solidifies, but can destroy and melt steel, thus the reasoning for this and other fire type moves.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@Cosmotone- Your answer is right, it's Rotom Heat. The poor machine can only learn 3 Fire moves (Sunny Day, Will-o-wisp and of course Overheat, not counting things like Hidden Power). Castform actually has a phenomenal special attacking movepool and it can learn a lot of Fire attacks like Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate along with the support move Sunny Day.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club,YungKnowledge!!
what made you choose Cyndaquil for a partner?

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Name: Halcyon
Starter: Benny the Emboar
Reason for joining: I want to be with people that like Fire-types! :D In my opinion, Fire is a strong type offensively, which is what draws me into Fire-type Pokémon.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
May I join please? :3

Name- BZW Golem
Starter- Natsu the Torchic
Reason for joining- Fire pokes are awesome.. always either cool and powerful or cute. There is nothing I can not love about them :3
Referred by- no one xD

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
A warm welcome to all 3 new members. You guys have chosen some interesting and rarely picked starters.

@YungKnowledge- Very few people here choose NFE (not fully evolved) starters and you're one of them. Cyndaquil was my starter in my 1st Crystal playthrough (which was also the 1st Pokemon game I played till the end), so it's pretty close to my heart. I think the Cyndaquil line is overall the best looking starter family.

Halcyon- I think it's safe to assume that Emboar lovers are few and far between. It's nice to have one of them in the club.

@BZW Golem- As I said earlier, NFE starters are uncommon. Torchic is also pretty close to me cause I completed my first solo challenge with it. Who would've guessed "chicken little" would one day grow up into "chicken large" and eventually be declared uber!

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
@BZW Golem- As I said earlier, NFE starters are uncommon. Torchic is also pretty close to me cause I completed my first solo challenge with it. Who would've guessed "chicken little" would one day grow up into "chicken large" and eventually be declared uber![/COLOR]
Well, when picking a starter I just feel like picking a starter.. not a "omg, so powerful" poke xD
Blaziken was one of my favorite pokemon..
I remember being sad in 4 gen, when everyone used infernape instead of him.
The ray of hope when he got speed boost in 5 gen..
and the despair when he got banned T.T

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
☼ *Which is better, Heatran or Volcarona?
How to answer this...Heatran is a Legendary Pokemon that can be classify as Uber, Volcarona is OU. Both hold a 4x Weakness. Volcarona- Rock. Heatran- Ground. But for me personally, I've used Volcarona & I was able to sweep with her in the past. I'm choosing Volcarona...Quiver Dance FTW!

☼ *Do you agree that Fire starters are the best?
I feel there aren't many 'powerful/strong' Fire Pokemon to compete against the starters. Aside from Arcanine and the Legendary Pokemon, Fire starters are probably the best there is. Not to mention Blaziken is in the class of itself with Speed Boost, he's just amazingly fast.

☼ *How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone?
Like, hide a small fire Pokemon like Numel or Charmander in an Oven or under a stove and heat it up so hot, to burn the food cooking?? xD

☼ *If one of Fire's 3 weaknesses were to be eliminated, which one should it be- Water, Ground or Rock?
Ground! I would love to have Fire Pokemon that isn't so weak by Earthquake!! XD

☼ *Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?

Now that's a very good question that I may not have an answer to. I know why Water is super effective against fire, water clears out fire. That's what Firefighters do anyway xD Wait, would it be that Water get hotter but doesn't change a bit and absorbs the fire/heat by it? That's an idea xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back