• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you use the Master Ball?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I haven't used mine yet, and I doubt I will unless I'm in a situation where it's absolutely imperative that I catch a Pokemon on my first try (e.g., I'm facing a shiny that's about to blow itself up, flee, or teleport away). I almost always play my games at night, so it's always dark, and dusk balls work wonderfully for just about everything.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I usually don't use Master balls but i used it on Kyurem because i tired and it simply did not go in other balls.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have resolved never use my Master Ball on any legendaries unless it's absolutely necessary, in which till this day that time has yet to come. That Master Ball shall only be used on shinies that are likely to explode, self-destruct, teleport or flee at any time.

I Shall Never Ever Let Them Escape From Me!!!

Years
In Black/White 2 they give you two masterballs...already used on on reshiram..don't know what to use the other one on lol. I'll probably transfer it to my White version.

And yes I do on the roaming legendaries, but since I just need an admant kyurem, I'm going to be using my munna and master ball and keep soft resetting until I get it in my White version. Then I will transfer it to White 2 to get the Kyurem B combination.

in HeartGold and Soulsilver you can get unlimited masterballs duo to the lottery in Goldenrod that gives you them if your whole number is completly right or if it's wrong by only 2 numbers at end or start of the ticket.

while on the subject,i never used the Masterball cause there is no need for it, Zekrom has really high catch rate because he needs to be caught to progress in story(so does Reshiram), i was bored with Thundurus so i just chased him around and didn't really care that much,Swords of Justice were really easy to catch, the only problem was Kyurem but i did still eventually catch him.

I actually rather trade my Masterball for the female counterpart of Braviary and if it can in the pre-evolved form,it's the only pokemon i need to complete my Pokedex. Genesect would also be nice

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In Pokemon White, I'm at the Elite 4, so far the Master Ball is collecting dust in the bag, I have not used it, like others have mentioned, I may save it in case I find a rare shiny. All my years playing Pokemon, I never seen one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
No. I haven't used a Master Ball since my Ruby version and I intend to keep it that way.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
I only use mine on roamers if I don't have a pokemon that knows...the move I can't think of right now...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I haven't used the Master Ball since Pokemon Diamond i think...i prefer the challenge of catching the pokemon with ultra balls and such. Only exception are roamers, i hate to chase them around the whole map, so i use the master ball on them

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
Was forced to use it on Volcarona cause I ran out of other pokeballs and I didn't save before battling it.

supercyndaquil

I like Blaziken now...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 30, 2013
In Black 2 I used it on Kyurem, but then I got Zekrom without one and then Colress gave me another.
I think they give you master balls equal to the amount of main legendaries of that game (in black/white 2 there are 2 main legendaries, so 2 master balls)
In join avenue, if you have a raffle you have a chance of getting a master ball (to get one invite someone who says they want to make everyone excited)

Back